Linebacker Darron Lee adjusting well to his new team

NYJ1

I've got no abundance of love for Lee...

BUT not for nothing, if the situation were reversed and the Jets had just traded a 6th for a young former 1st rounder who has (at least) shown some sporatic glimpses of talent, a lot of this board would spend the summer eating up every fluff piece written about him, and telling the world what a great steal we got.

The new system, the new coaches, etc.  So and so is breaking out this year. Ray Lewis would look bad on the circus he was playing for.... 

You know I'm right. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Because its an over exaggeration of how bad youre trying to make him, that he's totally incompetent is wrong.  You went too far.  Simple

Calling someone because you dont like him an idiot is obvious enough.  Cant play to save his life?  More over the top nonsense, hes just not a top LB, he can play.  

Then lets go for it all, all the eggs in one basket, "Darron Lee is a lazy little twerp that they should never have traded for."

Over the top.

As for calling me Mr whatever, don't like the response too F'n bad.  Dont like responses in general?  Thats the whole idea of message board/forums.

And why exactly is it over the top? Because you think it is. I could care less what you think. The Redskins preseason game last training camp was what made it so readily apparent. He was exposed as soft, shying away from contact, and unable to diagnose a play unfolding right in front of him. He's been a liability since the day he was drafted. That's not an exaggeration. That's a FACT. Whatever Bowles was trying to do with him was very clearly not working. But what's most damning is the Jets GM moving on from him after only 3 seasons due to his incompetence.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I've got no abundance of love for Lee...

BUT not for nothing, if the situation were reversed and the Jets had just traded a 6th for a young former 1st rounder who has (at least) shown some sporatic glimpses of talent, a lot of this board would spend the summer eating up every fluff piece written about him, and telling the world what a great steal we got.

The new system, the new coaches, etc.  So and so is breaking out this year. Ray Lewis would look bad on the circus he was playing for.... 

You know I'm right. 

You are right, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a former 20th overall pick getting traded for essentially "peanuts" because the Jets couldn't trade him fast enough. We're not receiving a former bust trying to change things in another city. We had first dibs on Lee - he was a horrible player and an idiot off the field to boot.

• Upvote 1

On 6/24/2019 at 8:15 PM, Bleedin Green said:

Because, once again, the cost to the Chiefs was a 6th round pick.  Therefore, it's highly unlikely this will be considered a slightly negative move for them.  It's a pretty simple concept when not blinded by bitterness towards Lee because of him being just one small piece (pun intended) of Maccagnan's idiotic decision-making.

If Lee was a 6th round pick of the Jets, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I didn't say it would be considered a bad move for them? Merely saying they are going to have to learn the hard way that Darron Lee is not a good player. It's probably never going to be a bad deal for them unless they are stupid enough to start him during an important game.

On 6/24/2019 at 7:58 PM, RobR said:

Why? Is he all of the sudden going to morph into a good football player?

Lee has had enough time too prove who he is in this league, and it turns out he's nothing special in any aspect of the game.....hence why he fetched a 6th rounder. I say good riddance to someone that had no future with the Jets.

No. He's going to morph into the very SAME player he was in NY.

1 hour ago, jago said:

he will have a decent year with better coaching and players around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gase’ decision making process was what you are supposed to do.   The Jets were not extending Lee, and Lee was not helping the Jets make the playoffs.  Save the money, get a pick and try and develop someone else who can play specials.  Move on. 

But yes, this will be his best year.