Godzilla: Monster Island Mafia (Game End)

The morale of Monster Island was low, and with nearly all their energy sapped from watching the strongest among them perish, the monsters gather for one last chance to save their island. One last hurrah. By the end of the day, they had grabbed the most vocal of their numbers, stretching and twisting his serpentine body until he hung limply like a noose. They were satisfied, but for only a moment. As the dark storm clouds rolled in, something unexpected happened. Three figures emerged from the tempest, and dropped down in front of the hapless monsters. With a mighty, ear-piercing roar from the largest of the three, the monsters knew their doom was upon them.

Spoiler

SoshingekiManda_wraps_around_the_Soshing

Stark - Manda -- Vanilla Townie has been killed.

593px-DAM_-_Rodan_Full.png&key=1e7f9531f

Ballin - Rodan -- Vanilla Townie has been killed.

637px-Baragon.png&key=dbbde2aca5ea55fe62

JC - Baragon -- Vanilla Townie has been killed.

691px-Angilas2.jpg&key=e8e213ce392cabfe2

Gata - Anguirus -- Town Cop has been killed.

Spoiler

Godzilla.jp_-_9_-_SoshingekiGhido_King_G

410px-ZF_-_Showa_Gigan_(cropped).png&key

584px-GVM_-_Megalon_On_the_Battlefield.j

Jif - King Ghidora -- Mafia Godfather w/ 1x BPV

Nyn - Gigan -- Mafia Roleblocker w/ 1x BPV

CTM - Megalon -- Mafia Bomb

are victorious

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thanks for playing, guys. I could've balanced this better, so feel free to leave some criticism and feedback.

Scum QT:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/7uCMVfxmT5nH6

Dead Thread:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/QeZGPqQfUQgVw

So mad I didnt get to take someone out with me.

Gg gata, stark and rest of town.  

Thanks for modding spoot, sorry my participation was so low while away

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

No problem, thanks for participating as much as you could.

To be honest, I'm just impressed the game got enough interest to start and then finish.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

No problem, thanks for participating as much as you could.

To be honest, I'm just impressed the game got enough interest to start and then finish.

Once you saw Ballin wasn't participating you could have called it KO for Town

Other than that sorry Town I couldn't reveal I viewed and saw JC because I didn't want to oust cop that Early I thought with a game of 11 we'd get only 2 scum esp with a SK oh wells. 

That's what assumptions gets ya.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GATA said:

Once you saw Ballin wasn't participating you could have called it KO for Town

I didn't realize he was MIA for that long, or else l I would've reached out to him earlier. I was hoping he'd be back, though.

11 minutes ago, GATA said:

Other than that sorry Town I couldn't reveal I viewed and saw JC because I didn't want to oust cop that Early I thought with a game of 11 we'd get only 2 scum esp with a SK oh wells. 

I definitely made Scum OP this game, not so much with their numbers, I think, but I gave them a lot of power. And Town had some bad luck with Godzilla getting NK'd right off the bat, and then you guys hilariously lynching LizzieDoc. But, lynching the SK the first day was immense good luck, for both Town and Scum.

At the end of the day, though, Town's most powerful weapon is good ol' fashioned Scum hunting, which is something I, unfortunately, can't provide for you guys. :P

Anyway, thanks so much for playing, Gata. I was pleased with your level of participation.

54 minutes ago, CTM said:

So mad I didnt get to take someone out with me.

Gg gata, stark and rest of town.  

I wanted it to happen but these cowards once again, wouldnt listen to the best scum hunter alive.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thanks for playing, guys. I could've balanced this better, so feel free to leave some criticism and feedback.

Scum QT:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/7uCMVfxmT5nH6

Dead Thread:

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/QeZGPqQfUQgVw

You made us wayyyyy to strong.  I figured as much in such a small game but I thought maybe you put an opposite night SK in the game to rival 80.  The variable shots I think screwed with your balance.  You set up the scum team to counter, potential what if scenarios.  You cant do that because if your potential what if, doesnt happen like this game, the town needs someone like me to figure everything out and they didnt have that this game.  In reality, all you gave the town was a cop and a doc.  And you were requiring the Doc, to signal for a mason.  That's actually just a cruel joke to the town.  Signaling can be viewed as scum potentially trying to find an association roles.  

Also, it was 7 vs. 3 since you made 80 the SK.  He would have been better served for balance as a vig.  1 miss lynch and the town was even and you gave us an extra kill, technically, in CTM.  

So yeah, one of the worst balanced games in a while but not a bad first start.  I appreciate the effort.  I liked the variable mechanics but the execution was poor.  Next time I recommend running the set up by a veteran to give you balance feedback.

That said, you actually created a game that we saw to the end when I thought JN mafia was dead.  Thanks!!!

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

You made us wayyyyy to strong.  I figured as much in such a small game but I thought maybe you put an opposite night SK in the game to rival 80.  The variable shots I think screwed with your balance.  You set up the scum team to counter, potential what if scenarios.  You cant do that because if your potential what if, doesnt happen like this game, the town needs someone like me to figure everything out and they didnt have that this game.  In reality, all you gave the town was a cop and a doc.  And you were requiring the Doc, to signal for a mason.  That's actually just a cruel joke to the town.  Signaling can be viewed as scum potentially trying to find an association roles.  

Also, it was 7 vs. 3 since you made 80 the SK.  He would have been better served for balance as a vig.  1 miss lynch and the town was even and you gave us an extra kill, technically, in CTM.  

So yeah, one of the worst balanced games in a while but not a bad first start.  I appreciate the effort.  I liked the variable mechanics but the execution was poor.  Next time I recommend running the set up by a veteran to give you balance feedback.

That said, you actually created a game that we saw to the end when I thought JN mafia was dead.  Thanks!!!

Ditto but like I was happy to see participation as well.

Sorry town... I got too hung up on JC and his masterful town play, should have moved on earlier. Sadly it would have most likely been to CTM because I didn't start to suspect NYN and JiF until it was too late. That LK hammer was bad on my part. I just wish Lizzie's response was the actual explanation and not the **** off Meme... I wouldn't have went looking for the GIF and hammered. the timing sucked around that. 

Ballin should be banned for a few games, lol.

Good Game everyone.. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

I appreciate the feedback, very well said.

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

I figured as much in such a small game but I thought maybe you put an opposite night SK in the game to rival 80.  The variable shots I think screwed with your balance.

I didn't want so many shots going on in such a small game, which is why I balanced it like that. I actually looked at Chimp Pimp's last game that had similar numbers (12 players w/ 3 Scum team and 80 as an odd night sk). I even make the SK an even night shot, rather than odd, to give Godzilla a chance to signal Mothra without being shot. Lotta good that did, lol.

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

You set up the scum team to counter, potential what if scenarios.  You cant do that because if your potential what if, doesnt happen like this game, the town needs someone like me to figure everything out and they didnt have that this game. 

It's funny you say this, because that's definitely what happened. Once the SK was lynched Day 1 (which I was totally not expecting) I saw I had 2/3rds of the Scum team strapped with vests. Now, at the time, I had Godzilla gaining only a 1x shot once the Doc died, and I had expected/hoped that the SK would soften Scum up, so now that 1x shot was basically useless, so I tweaked it (which I was hesitant to do) to be a 2x shot + 1 BPV. I only felt free to tweak that since that information was still hidden to Nolder and Lizzie, at that point. Right before I launched the game, however, that 1x shot of Godzilla's was armor-piercing, but I remembered Pac doing something similar in his Indy game and it wasn't well-received, so I nerfed it down to a normal shot.

So, basically, Nolder was a vig, but certain conditions had to be met.

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

And you were requiring the Doc, to signal for a mason.  That's actually just a cruel joke to the town.  Signaling can be viewed as scum potentially trying to find an association roles.

Yeah, this was basic mod in-experience on my part. Signaling is not something I've seen done often, as a player, and I thought it'd be fine and a cool thing to do. I did think that putting the Doc on a Mason team was risky, though. In retrospect, this part was modded more for my Godzilla nerd boner, and less for game balance.

49 minutes ago, JiF said:

Next time I recommend running the set up by a veteran to give you balance feedback. 

I thought about doing this, but said "ah, **** it, I'll just wing it".

50 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hey, that's on you guys. My game wouldn't have meant dick if you guys hadn't played. I take no credit for that. Thank YOU.

If I could re-do this, I would take the BPV away the Mafia Roleblocker, give Godzilla's his to start the game rather than later, and make the Bomb a regular Mafia goon. And I'd probably start out with Godzilla on Mothra already as Mason's, skipping the signaling part. I still think having a SK shooting every night would be too many shoots landing on Town in such a small game. A few more players, though, and it would've been fine.

Again, I appreciate the criticisms immensely, JiF. You echoed some thoughts I had during the game, plus some ones I hadn't thought of. This is something I really enjoyed doing, and I hope on doing it again sometime, so I want to get better at it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stark said:

You don't feel that good about either me or CTM being scum, but your going to vote for one of us?

Not voting where Gata does for what reason, because you 2 had a little exchange?

What are your reads on the players this game? I am just curious because this game has been very odd for you in general.

I never said i didnt feel that good about either of you being scum. I said I didnt feel good about either of you. But nice twisting. Glad I decided to vote you. Feel free to drop dead.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Stark said:

Sorry town... I got too hung up on JC and his masterful town play, should have moved on earlier. Sadly it would have most likely been to CTM because I didn't start to suspect NYN and JiF until it was too late. That LK hammer was bad on my part. I just wish Lizzie's response was the actual explanation and not the **** off Meme... I wouldn't have went looking for the GIF and hammered. the timing sucked around that. 

Good Game everyone.. 

No one should have to apologize for hammering Lizzie.

No one.

Town had a real uphill battle in this one, so for that I apologize. Nevertheless, I really appreciated your efforts this game, Stark.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I never said i didnt feel that good about either of you being scum. I said I didnt feel good about either of you. But nice twisting. Glad I decided to vote you. Feel free to drop dead.

lol

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

^^True gangstas continue to play even after the game is over.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I appreciate the feedback, very well said.

I didn't want so many shots going on in such a small game, which is why I balanced it like that. I actually looked at Chimp Pimp's last game that had similar numbers (12 players w/ 3 Scum team and 80 as an odd night sk). I even make the SK an even night shot, rather than odd, to give Godzilla a chance to signal Mothra without being shot. Lotta good that did, lol.

It's funny you say this, because that's definitely what happened. Once the SK was lynched Day 1 (which I was totally not expecting) I saw I had 2/3rds of the Scum team strapped with vests. Now, at the time, I had Godzilla gaining only a 1x shot once the Doc died, and I had expected/hoped that the SK would soften Scum up, so now that 1x shot was basically useless, so I tweaked it (which I was hesitant to do) to be a 2x shot + 1 BPV. I only felt free to tweak that since that information was still hidden to Nolder and Lizzie, at that point. Right before I launched the game, however, that 1x shot of Godzilla's was armor-piercing, but I remembered Pac doing something similar in his Indy game and it wasn't well-received, so I nerfed it down to a normal shot.

So, basically, Nolder was a vig, but certain conditions had to be met.

Yeah, this was basic mod in-experience on my part. Signaling is not something I've seen done often, as a player, and I thought it'd be fine and a cool thing to do. I did think that putting the Doc on a Mason team was risky, though. In retrospect, this part was modded more for my Godzilla nerd boner, and less for game balance.

I thought about doing this, but said "ah, **** it, I'll just wing it".

Hey, that's on you guys. My game wouldn't have meant dick if you guys hadn't played. I take no credit for that. Thank YOU.

If I could re-do this, I would take the BPV away the Mafia Roleblocker, give Godzilla's his to start the game rather than later, and make the Bomb a regular Mafia goon. And I'd probably start out with Godzilla on Mothra already as Mason's, skipping the signaling part. I still think having a SK shooting every night would be too many shoots landing on Town in such a small game. A few more players, though, and it would've been fine.

Again, I appreciate the criticisms immensely, JiF. You echoed some thoughts I had during the game, plus some ones I hadn't thought of. This is something I really enjoyed doing, and I hope on doing it again sometime, so I want to get better at it.

For a first game, pretty good dude.  You had some creative mechanics that if they played out, would have been really cool.  You just cant bet on those breaking perfectly so you cant equip the scum team based on what if's.  They already have the advantage.  In general your biggest mistakes were; the RB wasnt really necessary at all.  You gave us an extra kill on a successful scum lynch, a GF and 2 BPV's.  Making the Doc part of a mason team.  Allowing 80 to SK vs. Vig.

Remember my Daredevil game?  I made Brett Daredevil, a 3rd party vig who could be converted to town by a Whisperer.  Dude went and got himself killed D1.  He had shots and bpv.  lol   Pretty much threw balance off immediately, luckily some breaks happened that even sh*t out.  That said, I didnt mack out the scum team.  2 goons, a GF and a vest for 1 goon as long as the GF was alive.  All the town had was Cop, Doc and Whisperer the rest Vanilla.   Bret was the equalizer but I factored in him dying and didnt make scum too strong.

Good stuff, bro!  You'll get better.  I've ran some epic games but no one will ever remember them.  They'll just remember, Capture the Flag.  sigh

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

For a first game, pretty good dude.  You had some creative mechanics that if they played out, would have been really cool.  You just cant bet on those breaking perfectly so you cant equip the scum team based on what if's.  They already have the advantage.  In general your biggest mistakes were; the RB wasnt really necessary at all.  You gave us an extra kill on a successful scum lynch, a GF and 2 BPV's.  Making the Doc part of a mason team.  Allowing 80 to SK vs. Vig.

Remember my Daredevil game?  I made Brett Daredevil, a 3rd party vig who could be converted to town by a Whisperer.  Dude went and got himself killed D1.  He had shots and bpv.  lol   Pretty much threw balance off immediately, luckily some breaks happened that even sh*t out.  That said, I didnt mack out the scum team.  2 goons, a GF and a vest for 1 goon as long as the GF was alive.  All the town had was Cop, Doc and Whisperer the rest Vanilla.   Bret was the equalizer but I factored in him dying and didnt make scum too strong.

Good stuff, bro!  You'll get better.  I've ran some epic games but no one will ever remember them.  They'll just remember, Capture the Flag.  sigh

Thank you for the encouragement. "Pretty good for a first game" is about the best I could've hoped for.

Your Daredevil game was my first ever Mafia game. I was the sexy Karen!

Definitely the most important thing I learned was that the game is not going to unfold how I think it will. Case in point, the SK being lynched Day 1 and Godzilla being NK'd the first Night. lol I've sure learned to expect the unexpected, and will keep that in mind in any future games I mod.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Good Game everyone.. 

My bad as well.  Feel like the Scum MVP with the way I just kept pushing your lynch.  

8 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

My bad as well.  Feel like the Scum MVP with the way I just kept pushing your lynch.  

You need to shake off the loss of your 8 Ball bud

Also if you noticed I asked you who you thought was scum because I viewed you as town 

• Upvote 1