BELL TO GASE: "DON'T HOLD BACK"

flgreen

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

.....I’m looking to next year or the year after. 

Ah, the age-old mantra of the "down the road" Jets Fan contingent.

Now never matters, it's always "a few years from now, maybe....".

In before "hope we lose alot for the draft, so in a few years we can make a legit run" argument.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ah, the age-old mantra of the "down the road" Jets Fan contingent.

Now never matters, it's always "a few years from now, maybe....".

In before "hope we lose alot for the draft, so in a few years we can make a legit run" argument.

I’ve never hope we lose for the draft but I’m also realistic. There’s zero chance this current team makes the SB. This current team couldn’t make the SB with any RB in history on the team. Next year is a better possibility and the year after is even better. I’d like to see a prime Bell on those teams not a worn down beat up Bell. He’s 27 not 22. 

Just now, New York Mick said:

I’ve never hope we lose for the draft but I’m also realistic. There’s zero chance this current team makes the SB. This current team couldn’t make the SB with any RB in history on the team. Next year is a better possibility and the year after is even better. I’d like to see a prime Bell on those teams not a worn down beat up Bell. He’s 27 not 22. 

Well, Im glad the team doesnt think like this.  What a load of crap.

Bell is here for 2 years and we are moving on.  Gase doesnt like rbs taking up salary cap space.  And I agree.

Bell will be used early and often for the next 2 years and then we move on.  No need to limit his touches.

13 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Sounds like Eric Dickerson 

Very interesting comparison.  I had to watch some Dickerson highlights to get a feel for his game.  I was born '78.  So I was only 5 and 6 when he lit the league up his first two years.  I dont remember him, honestly.

So based on what I saw, Dickerson looks to be faster.  A better pure runner than Bell.  More breakaway speed and big plays.  But the way they move and cut, the vision and fluidity, is quite similar.

And I am certain  Bell is more versatile and a better receiver.  Bell is great in pass protection too.  I have no idea about Dickerson there.

Nice thought, man.  It was cool to watch Dickerson highlights.  I wish I got to see him in his prime.   Seems like an all-time great player that gets forgotten about.

I dont see any similarities between bell and dickerson.  Dickerson was physically imposing w his size.  Didnt have the best hands.  A very upright runner.

Bell is unique in his patience hitting the hole.  

Dickerson was the best runner i have ever seen.  Then he got traded to the colts and for whatever reason, was never the same.

56 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Very interesting comparison.  I had to watch some Dickerson highlights to get a feel for his game.  I was born '78.  So I was only 5 and 6 when he lit the league up his first two years.  I dont remember him, honestly.

So based on what I saw, Dickerson looks to be faster.  A better pure runner than Bell.  More breakaway speed and big plays.  But the way they move and cut, the vision and fluidity, is quite similar.

And I am certain  Bell is more versatile and a better receiver.  Bell is great in pass protection too.  I have no idea about Dickerson there.

Nice thought, man.  It was cool to watch Dickerson highlights.  I wish I got to see him in his prime.   Seems like an all-time great player that gets forgotten about.

My comparison was how he avoided big hits. Dickerson could definitely catch the ball especially considering he played in a heavy run era. I was born in 71 so I got to see him in his prime and he was one of the most graceful backs in history.  As far as blocking and stiff arm Bell definitely has that edge. 

2 hours ago, roscoeword said:

He didn't play a down in the preseason, so it's not about being mismanaged, it's about throwing someone into the fire after such a long layoff.

If he can't be "thrown into the fire" then he should have taken snaps in pre-season.

Game 1 is go time, not time to get in game shape time.

On 9/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

You know, this Bell thing can actually turn into something very very good or very, very bad. What happens when we lose a game?  ( sorry to burst the bubble, but this team will lose many games this year) will this guy pout like a child about not getting enough of the ball?

i really hope not.

wow, I never thought of this, forgot he has gone through his career undefeated...

Archived