TNF Rams vs Seahawks

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

LMAO. I know right? I got down to an 11 last month, then I lost my short game completely. Quickly back to 13. Even my putting is off. Speed on long putts has been terrible.

The weathers been so nice, I've been out there almost every day. I think I am just played out. Found out yesterday I'll be laid up for the next week or so dealing with a bronchial infection (and nico) and even though I'm going to go crazy stuck in the house I think the break will do me good.

How've you been playing buddy?

BTW I think that amateur you told me about was in Faces in the Crowd in SI last week.

About the same as you.  Shot an 85, 80 last Saturday Sunday  but yesterday, took my son in law out , I shot an 88. OB, Ball in the lake etc.  Im thinking of just getting a hooker and saving my gold money for totally one -sided sex. :)  Top it off, Son in law, a former athlete but NO golf skills hits the ball as far as any pro. No kidding. He hits it 310.  No short game but once he starts to play a bit... crazy. Outdrove me by 60 yards all day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

LMAO. I know right? I got down to an 11 last month, then I lost my short game completely. Quickly back to 13. Even my putting is off. Speed on long putts has been terrible.

The weathers been so nice, I've been out there almost every day. I think I am just played out. Found out yesterday I'll be laid up for the next week or so dealing with a bronchial infection (and nico) and even though I'm going to go crazy stuck in the house I think the break will do me good.

How've you been playing buddy?

BTW I think that amateur you told me about was in Faces in the Crowd in SI last week.

Nice work on the handicap.  I have 4 years till my daughter graduates high school and then we are headed to Kiawah Island.  The weather up here in NJ has been great for golf, haven’t been rained out since late spring.  You are in the Myrtle Beach area correct?  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Nice work on the handicap.  I have 4 years till my daughter graduates high school and then we are headed to Kiawah Island.  The weather up here in NJ has been great for golf, haven’t been rained out since late spring.  You are in the Myrtle Beach area correct?  

Yes I am. Still spend a few months on Long Island also. I thought ut would be the other way around, but it's just so nice down here.

Kiaweh is beautiful, you're making a nice choice.

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yes I am. Still spend a few months on Long Island also. I thought ut would be the other way around, but it's just so nice down here.

Kiaweh is beautiful, you're making a nice choice.

My parents spent their winters in Kiawah for a long time.   We bought a place two years ago.  Nice and quiet.  Some good golf too. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

An 11 sucks?

I've been bouncing between a 9 and 11 the last couple seasons and thought I was pretty good.

lol 

No, it doesn't, You're a good player. I get frustrated because I want to get into single digits so bad. It seems like every time I get close though, one part of my game decides to hold me back..

Right now it's the short game. Oh well, first world problems, right?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Just stay strong, my friend. You've been in my prayers the last few days, and will be until you tell us you're feeling better.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.  I've had a bad couple of years but nothing can kill me, LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

About the same as you.  Shot an 85, 80 last Saturday Sunday  but yesterday, took my son in law out , I shot an 88. OB, Ball in the lake etc.  Im thinking of just getting a hooker and saving my gold money for totally one -sided sex. :)  Top it off, Son in law, a former athlete but NO golf skills hits the ball as far as any pro. No kidding. He hits it 310.  No short game but once he starts to play a bit... crazy. Outdrove me by 60 yards all day.

He sounds like my nephew. By the time they'll have the time to work on their games and play as often as we do, their distance will be gone, and they'll be another "I used to hit it xxx yards" guy. They're a dime a dozen.

Distance is a great weapon, but the object of the game is to get the ball in the hole faster then your opponent. The guys I hate to play in a match are the short game wizards. Playing them is like dying from a thousand paper cuts.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

My parents spent their winters in Kiawah for a long time.   We bought a place two years ago.  Nice and quiet.  Some good golf too. 

I moved down to Charleston SC on Daniel Island six months ago and we really love it as the lifestyle is so relaxed and affordable. Haven't started rebuilding my golf game quite yet as I'm still working and have to commute up to New Jersey monthly..ugh. My twin daughters graduated from Clemson so we're big Tiger fans now and go to  a few games each year. Wish the Jets would start drafting a few of players from there!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You are always wrong. LOL. That being said, I doubt any of those QBs would be successful with the Jets. And tbh my hopes and expectations for Darnold with this team are waning. 

Anyway,  I can agree to disagree. But Oliver is physically and athletically almost a clone of Donalds size/speed/explosiveness/strength. Physical freaks.

Q is athletically JAG. It is what it is. 

Always wrong, I was talking about Ed Oliver in that post, how did you get to QBs?

Changes the Ed Oliver has 5 tackles how?

And people agreed with you? 

I was wrong on Mahomes.  I wanted Watson.  Think me and @JiF were the only ones. 

Didnt want Tribiski. 

SO?  Lots of people werent sure about a Mahomes and a trick offense in the NFL and missed.  I'm not even saying I don't like him just asking how you can argue Mahomes over Watson at 6.  Makes no difference how it ultimately worked out.  Was a fair question.  

Who did you want before the draft?  Not today laughing about someone lots of people have to eat crow over.  I have and will. Really wanted, not like most who like every QB and then when one hits claim they wanted that QB over all others. 

So missing on a QB makes me always wrong?  LOL guess perfection is the bar

Id watch out after reading your Ed Oliver is better than Q rant.  You can already see hes more disruptive?  Ive watched just about every Bills game.  Hes invisible. Did he play in the Jet game? Where Q set up a turnover and was much more disruptive in the 1st half that he player.  You see all of this in a guy who has 5 tackles in 4 games without a sack?  He may turn into something but no one has seen anything yet.  He had 3 sacks in college last season.  Q hasnt played and you actually want to compare them?  I never compared them.  And really, why can't they both be worthy of their spots in the draft? Why can't they both be good  Both went high, a few spots apart.  NO BIG DEAL.  No you have to be right.  

Brilliant.  And I like to argue.  Its amazing how many just need to be right and will scream that their guy is the best sight unseen

1 minute ago, Mackman55 said:

I moved down to Charleston SC on Daniel Island six months ago and we really love it as the lifestyle is so relaxed and affordable. Haven't started rebuilding my golf game quite yet as I'm still working and have to commute up to New Jersey monthly..ugh. My twin daughters graduated from Clemson so we're big Tiger fans now and go to  a few games each year. Wish the Jets would start drafting a few of players from there!

Nice!  Congrats to you and your daughters.  Daniel Island is really nice.  Agree about drafting some more Tigers, unfortunately the ones the Jets have drafted didn’t work out so well (Leggett and Peake).  I’m praying for Higgins.  

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He sounds like my nephew. By the time they'll have the time to work on their games and play as often as we do, their distance will be gone, and they'll be another "I used to hit it xxx yards" guy. They're a dime a dozen.

Distance is a great weapon, but the object of the game is to get the ball in the hole faster then your opponent. The guys I hate to play in a match are the short game wizards. Playing them is like dying from a thousand paper cuts.

Thats a strange and hard part mentally to deal with.  With the gall bladder surgery I had extensive surgery to my abdominals and have lost weight.  So while Im still really flexible I cant generate the torque when I unwind my swing.  Ive lost a ton of speed, dont know if I'll ever get it back.  I went from hitting my 7 iron around 158-163 yard to 135.  Once you accept it and club up everything works.  Somehow in all of this I hit my driver short but straight as can be.  

When I started playing I used to play with a 70+ year old ex golf pro.  He hit short, driver was under 175 yds.  But he was straight, never off the fairway, and had a unreal short game.  Shot mostly in the low 80s, could still shoot in the 70s.  Was a real wakeup call how to play, would always tell us, put the driver away, hit a 3 wood, lol  

He would take our money all the time

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats a strange and hard part mentally to deal with.  With the gall bladder surgery I had extensive surgery to my abdominals and have lost weight.  So while Im still really flexible I cant generate the torque when I unwind my swing.  Ive lost a ton of speed, dont know if I'll ever get it back.  I went from hitting my 7 iron around 158-163 yard to 135.  Once you accept it and club up everything works.  Somehow in all of this I hit my driver short but straight as can be.  

When I started playing I used to play with a 70+ year old ex golf pro.  He hit short, driver was under 175 yds.  But he was straight, never off the fairway, and had a unreal short game.  Shot mostly in the low 80s, could still shoot in the 70s.  Was a real wakeup call how to play, would always tell us, put the driver away, hit a 3 wood, lol  

He would take our money all the time

Try a set of irons like the Callaway Rogue X, or the Wilson D700.

They're a relatively new type of iron, specifically designed for players needing more distance. The lofts are really,really strong, but the soles are wider, and heavy enough to get the ball up in the air. Super forgiving also.

The guy who won the Net half of our Club Championship plays the Rogue X, and he's a 54 yo with a 7 hcp. The technology available today is amazing, and it can help you if you use it. I picked up a set in June with the matching hybrids, and it feels like I'm cheating. I wish I'd listened to him a year ago when he bought his set.

I'm suddenly hitting shots a club to a club and a half longer. The problems start when I miss a green and have to take out a wedge. At this point I'd much rather be in a bunker then have a chip or pitch shot.

Incredibly annoying, LOL.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Try a set of irons like the Callaway Rogue X, or the Wilson D700.

They're a relatively new type of iron, specifically designed for players needing more distance. The lofts are really,really strong, but the soles are wider, and heavy enough to get the ball up in the air. Super forgiving also.

The guy who won the Net half of our Club Championship plays the Rogue X, and he's a 54 yo with a 7 hcp. The technology available today is amazing, and it can help you if you use it. I picked up a set in June with the matching hybrids, and it feels like I'm cheating. I wish I'd listened to him a year ago when he bought his set.

I'm suddenly hitting shots a club to a club and a half longer. The problems start when I miss a green and have to take out a wedge. At this point I'd much rather be in a bunker then have a chip or pitch shot.

Incredibly annoying, LOL.

I learned on blades of all things.  Was playing a set of Ping i200s and just switched to Mizuno Hot Metal Pros.  They have the smaller look and go FAR. Made the concession to loss of speed, dumped the stiff shafts, had them fitted with graphite Recoil shafts in reg flex.  I can get them into the 140s with a 7 on a good swing.  I picked them for the look and feel, that Mizuno didn’t have an up charge for graphite shafts.  Had the Callaway Rouges a close second, really nice irons.

Loss of distance really made me a better player.  Concentrate much more to hit a solid shot where I want it.  My short game has also been better.  Practice bunker and chip shots all the time.  I leave the driver in the bag for most of my range work.  Play at about a 11-13.  All in all is fine with me, just love the game and enjoy it on any level

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I listened on blades of all things.  Was playing a set of Ping i200s and just switched to Mizuno Hot Metal Pros.  They have the smaller look and go FAR. Made the concession to loss of speed, dumped the stiff shafts, had them fitted with graphite shafts in reg flex.  I can get them into the 140s with a 7 on a good swing.  

Loss of distance really made me a better player.  Concentrate much more to hit a solid shot where I want it.  My short game has also been better.  Practice bunker and chip shots all the time.  I leave the driver in the bag for most of my range work.  Play at about a 11-13.  All in all is fine with me, just love the game and enjoy it on any level

Yeah I did the same with the graphite shafts. I switched from the Callaway Apex forged with S300 to the Rogue X though. I figured if I was going to make such a big change, might as well go all in.

I feel the same way you do about the game. I just love it. I'm amazed how many of us here like to play, yet when myself,  @JiF and @southparkcpa tried to keep "The Golf Thread" alive here, it was like we were talking to walls.

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I learned on blades of all things.  Was playing a set of Ping i200s and just switched to Mizuno Hot Metal Pros.  They have the smaller look and go FAR. Made the concession to loss of speed, dumped the stiff shafts, had them fitted with graphite Recoil shafts in reg flex.  I can get them into the 140s with a 7 on a good swing.  I picked them for the look and feel, that Mizuno didn’t have an up charge for graphite shafts.  Had the Callaway Rouges a close second, really nice irons.

I hit my pitching wedge 140.  You're making me feel like pro reading this.  lol

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah I did the same with the graphite shafts. I switched from the Callaway Apex forged with S300 to the Rogue X though. I figured if I was going to make such a big change, might as well go all in.

I feel the same way you do about the game. I just love it. I'm amazed how many of us here like to play, yet when myself,  @JiF and @southparkcpa tried to keep "The Golf Thread" alive here, it was like we were talking to walls.

Haha I just made a post in there...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yes, I had apex forged too.  Hit a friends set with the Recoils on them.  I’ve always played S300’s, great shafts but no more, don’t fit my game anymore.  Great that technology can help so much today.  

Never really venture out of the Jets forum, I would have liked a golf discussion.  I play two times a week around my dialysis days

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I hit my pitching wedge 140.  You're making me feel like pro reading this.  lol

You could be, lol

i remember the 140 yard pitching wedge shots back in the day.  That’s great, I’m jealous 

Golf talk, yeh

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You could be, lol

i remember the 140 yard pitching wedge shots back in the day.  That’s great, I’m jealous 

Golf talk, yeh

haha  I was just busting your balls.  I'm not a pro at all.  Just started taking the sport serious this year.  I could shoot a low 80 or a 100.  lol

What's funny is, I play with some really good players.  A scratch golfer and 2 guys who are +4/5's.  They bomb the ball and playing with them, I thought I had a terrible distance and then we started talking golf here and I guess I can hit it pretty far. 

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha  I was just busting your balls.  I'm not a pro at all.  Just started taking the sport serious this year.  I could shoot a low 80 or a 100.  lol

What's funny is, I play with some really good players.  A scratch golfer and 2 guys who are +4/5's.  They bomb the ball and playing with them, I thought I had a terrible distance and then we started talking golf here and I guess I can hit it pretty far. 

Lol, I didn’t take it any way other than what you wrote.  I always have said I accept the fact that I’ll never be great, will never play enough to get better than I play.  Through it all, at my age, I’m happy that I mostly shoot in the low 80s.  Playing consistently helps keep you there without the blowout rounds.  I got serious about the time I retired but as I said could care less about my score, just love being out, with friends, enjoying the game and the day

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

Boca Dunes?  Is it private.  I'm going to storm that course and drive on the greens! 

I’ve played there, nice course, not private .  Only thing is it’s been closed for renovations, so do t know what they’ve changed.  Tons of great golf down here.  Most courses are public. Prices start to go up around this time as the snowbirds start their migration lol