Jason Myers

46 minutes ago, rangerous said:

didn't they try to get catanzaro?  he decided to retire but wasn't that after the jets signed him?  i agree they didn't do enough but it's not like they stood by and watched.  that varvik guy was supposed to be better than he actually turned out.  let's not forget that the only game a kicker mattered so far is game 1 and the dallas game.

Oh they did go get catanaaarro but the guy was a fail before they signed him and was no where near good enough to not bring in about 2 or 3 other guys

9 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Myers: 8 FGs 11 Attempts    19 for 20 xpts

Ficken: 2 FGs 3 Attempts  5 for 5 xpts 

I'd bet that if we add Ficken's stats with the other kickers we had that we ultimately cut, I think it would show that this thread is quite premature and we'd prefer Meyers performance thus far. Though he hasnt been good from 40+ yards, hitting only 1 of 3 kicks. Dude is still better than what we've had collectively this year. These type of threads are a bit lame. 

Also, Ficken's name in German is pretty damn awesome though. ?

19 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

He has missed quite a few FG s this year already for Seattle

There was a lot of hand wringing when we didnt over pay to keep him despite last year being a career year.  Meanwhile Sam Ficken has come in and done a good job to this point

Is anybody still missing Myers?

yesterdays swung the game a bit now didn it?

by the way 2 missed FG DOES NOT EQUAL "quite a few"

aside-Lamar is so exciting to watch and root for...    

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

His long kick didn't win the game, his short miss may have cost them one.

Kind of a tough one 

If he made the short one, but missed the not easy 60+fg would that change things? I agree that consistency obviously matters and we'll be able to see his percentage at the end of the season. For me being able to hit 60+ will buy some leeway since every kicker will miss occasionally as long as it isn't too often. 

31 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

If he made the short one, but missed the not easy 60+fg would that change things? I agree that consistency obviously matters and we'll be able to see his percentage at the end of the season. For me being able to hit 60+ will buy some leeway since every kicker will miss occasionally as long as it isn't too often. 

Well F, lets just change it all around so we can argue.

He hit the long one and missed the easy one.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well F, lets just change it all around so we can argue.

No, not argue, I simply asked that if he had hit the simple one and missed the hard one would you feel differently. It isn't some political trap just a matter of perspective I was interested in. This place is for discussing football right, because I can read the stats in the box score otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He hit the long one and missed the easy one. 

Yeah, I think that was established already, but thanks for clearing up any potential misconceptions I may have had.

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No, not argue, I simply asked that if he had hit the simple one and missed the hard one would you feel differently. It isn't some political trap just a matter of perspective I was interested in. This place is for discussing football right, because I can read the stats in the box score otherwise.

Yeah, I think that was established already, but thanks for clearing up any potential misconceptions I may have had.

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

This is just wrong.  But you’re just here to argue.  No matter how simple the concept. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is just wrong.  But you’re just here to argue.  No matter how simple the concept. 

No, not at all. You just don't want to answer for whatever reason, and you could have done so by now with far less effort and arguing on your part. Discussion and arguing are two very different things. You do you though and keep deflecting.

well done good job GIF

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No, not at all. You just don't want to answer for whatever reason, and you could have done so by now with far less effort and arguing on your part. Discussion and arguing are two very different things. You do you though and keep deflecting.

well done good job GIF

you just can’t stop