mock offseason

maury77

I can't believe I'm already doing one of these, but here we are. 

First step - Fire Adam Gase and the entire offensive staff

coaching staff

HC - Dave Toub (ST/Asst. HC in KC) 

OC - Mike Kafka (QB coach in KC)

DC - bring back Gregg Williams and run a 4-3

RELEASED

Henry Anderson , Quincy Enunwa, Brian Winters, Daryl Roberts, Josh Bellamy

RESIGN

Robby Anderson, Tom Compton, Brian Poole, Neville Hewitt, Lach Edwards, Ty Montgomery

FA SIGNINGS

Halapoulivaati Vaitai (OT from Philly); Joe Thuney (G from NE); Shaq Barrett (edge from TB); Cody Whitehair (C/G from Chicago); James Bradberry (CB from Carolina); AJ McCarron (backup QB); Maxx Williams (backup TE); Deon Bush (backup S)

DRAFT

Traded down with Tennessee and picked up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks

1) Tristan Wirfs (OT from Iowa)

2) Yetur Gross Matos (edge from Penn State)

2) Creed Humhrey (C from Oklahoma)

3) Justin Jefferson (WR from LSU)

3) Tyler Johnson (WR from Minnesota)

3) Jeff Gladney (CB from TCU)

4) Kvon Wallace (S from Clemson)

5) Najee Harris (RB from Bama)

5) Errol Thompson (LB from MSU)

6) Steven Montez (QB from Colorado)

6) Chase Allen (TE from Iowa State) 

• Upvote 1

starting lineup

QB: Sam Darnold

RB: Bell

WR: RA, Crowder and Jefferson

TE: Herndon

OT: Wirfs and Edoga/HV

OG: Thuney & Whitehair

OC: Humphrey

DE: Barrett and Gross-Matos

DT: QW & FF

MLB: Mosely

WLB: Cashman

SLB: AW

CB: Bradberry and Hairston/Gladney

S: Adams & Maye

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Wirfs has some crazy athleticism, but his play this year hasn’t lived up to the hype yet IMO.  He’s going to need some work, I just wonder how that will affect his draft slot.   

Also, I may want to dip into the WR pool earlier than the 3rd round.  

Agreed on Wirfs. I struggled choosing between him and Leatherwood. 

I'd like to go WR earlier, but I ran this through the Fanspeak ultimate GM. I just didn't like any of the prospects that were there in round 2. It was Peoples-Jones vs the 2 guys I wound up selecting. 

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'd like to go WR earlier, but I ran this through the Fanspeak ultimate GM. I just didn't like any of the prospects that were there in round 2. It was Peoples-Jones vs the 2 guys I wound up selecting. 

It’s always interesting trying to slot who will be where.  I wonder if the value will be better for OT in the 2nd?  Maybe Adams or Wills from Bama.  Get Juedy or Lamb in the first then go back to back o-line in the second.  Adams and Humphrey?  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s always interesting trying to slot who will be where.  I wonder if the value will be better for OT in the 2nd?  Maybe Adams or Wills from Bama.  Get Juedy or Lamb in the first then go back to back o-line in the second.  Adams and Humphrey?  

Problem with Adams is health.  Not sure I would want to count on a OT coming off a serious back injury.  And I am beginning to see a lot of buzz for Wills as a potential first rounder.  If an OT we like is on the board when we pick, then just take him.  I hate the idea of waiting on a tackle that we deserately need and hoping we get lucky and someone falls to us in the 2nd.

• Upvote 2

On 11/6/2019 at 5:25 AM, maury77 said:

For all the media hoopla, I have a really hard time seeing 7-8 receivers going in the 1st. There’s going to be a lamb, Or Higgins, or AGG —, one of these guys is going to be there at the top of two. There’s just too many good receivers this time around

Otherwise yea, let’s do it  

On 11/6/2019 at 7:19 AM, maury77 said:

I can't believe I'm already doing one of these, but here we are. 

First step - Fire Adam Gase and the entire offensive staff

coaching staff

HC - Dave Toub (ST/Asst. HC in KC) 

OC - Mike Kafka (QB coach in KC)

DC - bring back Gregg Williams and run a 4-3

RELEASED

Henry Anderson , Quincy Enunwa, Brian Winters, Daryl Roberts, Josh Bellamy

RESIGN

Robby Anderson, Tom Compton, Brian Poole, Neville Hewitt, Lach Edwards, Ty Montgomery

FA SIGNINGS

Halapoulivaati Vaitai (OT from Philly); Joe Thuney (G from NE); Shaq Barrett (edge from TB); Cody Whitehair (C/G from Chicago); James Bradberry (CB from Carolina); AJ McCarron (backup QB); Maxx Williams (backup TE); Deon Bush (backup S)

DRAFT

Traded down with Tennessee and picked up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks

1) Tristan Wirfs (OT from Iowa)

2) Yetur Gross Matos (edge from Penn State)

2) Creed Humhrey (C from Oklahoma)

3) Justin Jefferson (WR from LSU)

3) Tyler Johnson (WR from Minnesota)

3) Jeff Gladney (CB from TCU)

4) Kvon Wallace (S from Clemson)

5) Najee Harris (RB from Bama)

5) Errol Thompson (LB from MSU)

6) Steven Montez (QB from Colorado)

6) Chase Allen (TE from Iowa State) 

Where are the Jets selecting and why is Tenn trading up with them (for who?)...Also, would be good to know who goes ahead of the Jets pick to see who the Jets are passing up on, i.e. who we've decided to trade down on instead of drafting. Is this a situation where we are drafting #2 overall and Chase Young goes #1 and we re giving up the #2 overall pick to move down all the way down to where Tenn is picking, which is where?  B/C Wirfs COULD go top 10 and be the second OT off the board behind Thomas. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Where are the Jets selecting and why is Tenn trading up with them (for who?)...Also, would be good to know who goes ahead of the Jets pick to see who the Jets are passing up on, i.e. who we've decided to trade down on instead of drafting. Is this a situation where we are drafting #2 overall and Chase Young goes #1 and we re giving up the #2 overall pick to move down all the way down to where Tenn is picking, which is where?  B/C Wirfs COULD go top 10 and be the second OT off the board behind Thomas. 

It was a fanspeak simulator. They had the Jets picking 4th. Tennessee could be trading up for a QB now that the Mariota experiment appears to be over. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, Lith said:

Problem with Adams is health.  Not sure I would want to count on a OT coming off a serious back injury.  And I am beginning to see a lot of buzz for Wills as a potential first rounder.  If an OT we like is on the board when we pick, then just take him.  I hate the idea of waiting on a tackle that we deserately need and hoping we get lucky and someone falls to us in the 2nd.

Jets have had great luck with drafting injury prone players. Let’s continue that so we can run JD N the next HC out of town as well!