College Gameday Thread 11/9

Lith

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Why? He got both feet inbounds before he caught it and came down. 

You asked for the explanation.....I gave it to you.

views i saw showed only his feet and no ball

so how can you determine his feet were in b4 he got the ball when you cant see the ball?

either way i am ok with teh call cos it surely wasnt enough to reverse a call made on the field.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

So, did LSU lock up a playoff spot today, even if they lose in SEC Championship -- as long as they win out in regular season which is a pretty safe assumption with Mississippi, Arkansas and A&M on the schedule.

They definitely deserve it knocking off four Top 10 teams already. TBH I think they run the entire table including both the SEC championship game and the NC so there will be no doubt. 

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

You don't sound like much of a Bama fan. It was the best game of the season and you missed the second half.

dude. did Bama stop them when they needed to? No.

To be honest. There is no dramatic tencsion in watching Bama. DOnt you find it boring to see the same team win all the damned time?

It'd be different if they had not been a dominat team for 12 years.

One half of football in 42 years of fandom makes me a bad fan in your book. Cool by me.

23 minutes ago, RobR said:

They definitely deserve it knocking off four Top 10 teams already. TBH I think they run the entire table including both the SEC championship game and the NC so there will be no doubt. 

I agree with you.  If they play the Dawgs for the Championship, I don't see how our offense can keep up with them.  We cannot score consistenlty enough -- we may be able to win a 24-17 game like last week, but no way we win a shootout that is in the 40s.

43 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

dude. did Bama stop them when they needed to? No.

To be honest. There is no dramatic tencsion in watching Bama. DOnt you find it boring to see the same team win all the damned time?

It'd be different if they had not been a dominat team for 12 years.

One half of football in 42 years of fandom makes me a bad fan in your book. Cool by me.

Ignore list #57.?

22 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree with you.  If they play the Dawgs for the Championship, I don't see how our offense can keep up with them.  We cannot score consistenlty enough -- we may be able to win a 24-17 game like last week, but no way we win a shootout that is in the 40s.

I always defer to watching SEC games but this year I've tuned into almost every LSU game out of happenstance. LSU is stacked at every position and have a Heismanlique QB.

Would love too see Orgeron hoist that trophy. 

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Third shut out of the season.

Yup. We are going to go as far as our defense can take us this year.  Auburn is a tough match up -- probably the best defense we face this year.  Expect that one to be a tight one score game that can go either way.  Hope it goes our way.

Good news is that it sounds like Cager is not hurt too bad, pretty sure Kirby said after the game he could have gone back in if they needed him.  Not sure about the linemen who went down.  Really don't want to go against that Auburn front 7 without Mays, Hill &/or Wilson.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Yup. We are going to go as far as our defense can take us this year.  Auburn is a tough match up -- probably the best defense we face this year.  Expect that one to be a tight one score game that can go either way.  Hope it goes our way.

Good news is that it sounds like Cager is not hurt too bad, pretty sure Kirby said after the game he could have gone back in if they needed him.  Not sure about the linemen who went down.  Really don't want to go against that Auburn front 7 without Mays, Hill &/or Wilson.

Agreed.Auburn is our last real opponent and we have to make a statement against them if we want to creep back into the top 4. Penn State losing yesterday really helped out.

31 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agreed.Auburn is our last real opponent and we have to make a statement against them if we want to creep back into the top 4. Penn State losing yesterday really helped out.

Win out and we are in.  Wins over ND, UF, Auburn and LSU will be enough to get in regardless of style points or 1 really bad loss.  Don't expect it to happen though.  Auburn, maybe; but I don't see us beating LSU.  Not with the way our offense struggles to put up points.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Win out and we are in.  Wins over ND, UF, Auburn and LSU will be enough to get in regardless of style points or 1 really bad loss.  Don't expect it to happen though.  Auburn, maybe; but I don't see us beating LSU.  Not with the way our offense struggles to put up points.

We might can limit that offense to SOME extent bc I really do believe in our defense this year but I think you’re right, offense probably can’t keep up with that aerial attack. LSU is unlikely.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  I think the days of winning the SEC with a defensive minded team may be over.  Teams that have beaten Alabama have done so by throwing it on them and getting into track meets.  LSU finally realized this, they had the QB to do it.  Not sure Fromm is that guy to get into those fights with.  You’ll have to hold LSU to under 30 points to have a shot at that game.  You’ll beat Auburn because Nix isn’t ready for primetime yet.