Trevon Wesco

slats

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There were a lot of weird things this week. Wesco playing fullback, the kids playing CB, Jordan Jenkins playing DE on passing downs, etc. the game was a mess, but it was encouraging to see the coaching staff trying new things. I want someone to find out why Loggains was in charge of challenges. That made no sense. 

Those two awesome challenges??

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

These are the types of role players that you need while you develop A TEAM. He'll never be a star but he'll be that shot in the arm the team needs when things aren't going well, guys are sluggish & you need something to get you going.

dude made 2 SIGNIFICANt conversions. both drives led to pts. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nyjets1969 said:

I wanted the Jets to take this kid very underrated player. Finally let him play they need to play him more should have given him more opportunity when Herdon was out.

Blocking in the NFL compared to college is like basic math & calculus. Blocking & knowing your other assignments is even harder. Be very interesting watching some of these young guys the rest of the way. We're not going anywhere, keeping Sam steady, incorporating Austin & getting QW, Wesco, Edoga experience, seeing how Gase uses Herndon when healthy & how that opens things up for Robbie, Crowder, even Bell will be interesting. 

16 hours ago, TNJet said:

Its like Gase read the Jetnation forums this week. A lot of the stuff we've all been clamoring for happened today.  I've been begging tonget Wesco involved all year. Especially in the blocking dept.

I was thinking the same thing about Gase reading these forums - because I had mentioned last week that the Pats use a flea flicker almost every week  and sure enough Gase throws in a flea flicker. Good for him. Keep reading these forums Gase and use what you think will work.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I was pretty excited about the Wesco pick, especially where we go him.  I've been disappointed with his lack of snaps to this point but maybe that's finally starting to change.  The good news is that his conversion on that 4th and 1 and a nice short-yardage catch for a 1st down should only lead to increased confidence in him and keep him getting some reps.

He's really the kind of guy who should see the field for about 15-20 snaps on offense primarily as a blocker (Inline TE, FB, H-Back) and get maybe 2-3 targets per game.  He's a big boy and has decent hands.  Won't burn anyone but can turn a 5 yard catch in 9 by running a guy over.  And, obviously he should continue on Special Teams.

The run was a really good play call. The jints had to think Wesco was in there to block for Bell. They're lined up with the mindset not to be hit by him, instead he gets the carry and the first down. 

Agree on the bold. You'd think that with the state of the Jets OL, they'd want to have that sixth blocker on the field, a guy who can double as a reliable safety valve. If it legitimately took him half the season to earn time on offense, I'm 100% fine with that. I'm hoping what we saw yesterday becomes more of the norm for him, and that his role grows next year. The Ravens beat the Cheats by going big on offense with a number of three-TE sets. I'd love for the Jets to be able to run two and three TE sets on a regular basis. 

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Apparently from what I read this morning, Loggains has been the one in charge of the red flag every week. 

(Makes sense if you think about it, he has to have something to do during game day lol)

Well he blew that 1st red flag he threw. There was no way that play was gonna be overturned. The second red flag was a good one - a good decision to throw it but also didn't work out so Loggerhead was 0-2.

10 minutes ago, slats said:

The Ravens beat the Cheats by going big on offense with a number of three-TE sets. I'd love for the Jets to be able to run two and three TE sets on a regular basis. 

#86 Boyle was feasting/beasting yesterday

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/ravens-nick-boyle-goes-off-for-78-yards/

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Apparently from what I read this morning, Loggains has been the one in charge of the red flag every week. 

(Makes sense if you think about it, he has to have something to do during game day lol)

This just goes to show how stupid Gase really is. You don't have an assistant in charge of challenges which are an important part of the game and can cost you timeouts in crucial situations. That's the head coaches job. What a dumbass.