Horrible non-reversal: punt that hit Baltimore player

I’m used to getting shafted by bad calls but usually it’s a hold/non-hold or PI/non-PI. That punt by Baltimore in the 3rd quarter came down and clearly hit one of their players in the back of their shoulder pad.

I can understand the refs missing it in real time. But the Jets challenged and it was not reversed.

Anyone got a video clip of that? 

• Upvote 1

The NFL made the same awful mistake that the CFL did in instant replay.  When it 1st game in the refs would actually do the review and make the call.  In the 'name' of faster reviews they decided to go to a central command center with with some league official or ex ref to make the calls.

The faceless people in the command center manage the game or are simply incompetent and they are totally unaccountable .

The reffing and revieiwng in all games is beyond atrocious to the point of turning people off from the game period.

• Post of the Week 1

Can't take it anymore. It's beyond ridiculous. Buck & Aikman both knew it hit him & talked about the balls change of direction. Even the ex ref said it hit him & that was after just 2 replays views. But some faceless idiot in NY watching it for 5 minutes went against clear evidence & confirmed Roger Goodell has ruined the one game that I've loved since I was 8 years old. People need to be FIRED when this type of obvious mistakes are made. There isn't a viewer last night that didn't think that ball hit the Ravens players shoulder except the 1 guy HIRED to make the right call & correct mistakes made of the referees. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m used to getting shafted by bad calls but usually it’s a hold/non-hold or PI/non-PI. That punt by Baltimore in the 3rd quarter came down and clearly hit one of their players in the back of their shoulder pad.

I can understand the refs missing it in real time. But the Jets challenged and it was not reversed.

Anyone got a video clip of that? 

Instant replay rule sucks. It breaks the flow of play and there is still controversy.  There has to be a better way of implementation.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Can't take it anymore. It's beyond ridiculous. Buck & Aikman both knew it hit him & talked about the balls change of direction. Even the ex ref said it hit him & that was after just 2 replays views. But some faceless idiot in NY watching it for 5 minutes went against clear evidence & confirmed Roger Goodell has ruined the one game that I've loved since I was 8 years old. People need to be FIRED when this type of obvious mistakes are made. There isn't a viewer last night that didn't think that ball hit the Ravens players shoulder except the 1 guy HIRED to make the right call & correct mistakes made of the referees. 

Fixed for Lamar.