The coronation of Daniel Jones

7 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

So silly. How many of these rings was Gettleman the GM for?

The Giants have been a dumpster fire with Gettleman at the helm. The only reason he still has a job is because the QB he picked looks good - and then he lets it slip that the guy who he threw under the bus was the one who pushed to draft him.  

You can believe all that but still not believe the team to be a clown show (and definitely not a bigger one than our beloved Jets!). They go to the SB every decade and almost always win.

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

You can believe all that but still not believe the team to be a clown show (and definitely not a bigger one than our beloved Jets!). They go to the SB every decade and almost always win.

You're arguing something different than the "Gettleman sucks" crowd.  The Giants have out-classed us an organization in every way.  But that doesn't mean Gettleman isn't an awful GM choice.

But you're right that their ownership yields 1,000x more confidence than the Johnsons.  When Gettleman gets fired, you can have confidence they'll get the next hire right.  If Joe Douglas fails here, I don't think there's any hope that the Jets will get a thing right until the Johnson's sell the team or die.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're arguing something different than the "Gettleman sucks" crowd.  The Giants have out-classed us an organization in every way.  But that doesn't mean Gettleman isn't an awful GM choice.

But you're right that their ownership yields 1,000x more confidence than the Johnsons.  When Gettleman gets fired, you can have confidence they'll get the next hire right.  If Joe Douglas fails here, I don't think there's any hope that the Jets will get a thing right until the Johnson's sell the team or die.  

This specific reply was responding to the poster saying Giants are a bigger clown show then the Jets. Agree nothing to do with Gettlemen.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

This specific reply was responding to the poster saying Giants are a bigger clown show then the Jets. Agree nothing to do with Gettlemen.

Yep.

Douglas clowning Gettleman in the Leo trade gives me confidence that Douglas > Gettleman, at the very least (and for sure is better than Macc, already).  It's nice to have a GM that finally "wins" a trade.  I'm not sure the last time we could say that definitively.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.

Douglas clowning Gettleman in the Leo trade gives me confidence that Douglas > Gettleman, at the very least (and for sure is better than Macc, already).  It's nice to have a GM that finally "wins" a trade.  I'm not sure the last time we could say that definitively.  

I bloody hope so. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

RIGHT NOW and for the past 4 years the NY Football Giants have been one of the worst run franchises in the NFL. 

It is recently & currently a total clown show,

They have no plan and a GM who thought he could win now and rebuild at the same time - which has left the team in a worse situation than the day he got the job. 

No one is arguing that the Giants have not been much more successful than the Jets over the past 40 years. But ancient Giants history is irrelevant to the current state of the franchise - which is a joke.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

This poster said it because it is currently true.

Jets fans have hope with Joe Douglas.

Giants fan have a clown GM. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Correct.  But the Giants have a safety net in place:  Competent ownership.

Gettleman sucks, but ownership has proven they can hire a competent GM in the past.  Thus, their next GM should be decent.

Our owners have NEVER brought in a competent GM.  So if Douglas sucks, there's no safety net in place.  There's no plan if Douglas fails.

Hell, even with Douglas in the building it seems like our owners are STILL meddling, and could be a big reason we didn't make any significant trades (aside from Leo) at the trade deadline.  

13 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Then I guess it depends on one’s sense of humor because the Jets have been a knee slapper for the last 2 GM regimes and even Gase is a cartoon character.

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correct.  But the Giants have a safety net in place:  Competent ownership.

Gettleman sucks, but ownership has proven they can hire a competent GM in the past.  Thus, their next GM should be decent.

Our owners have NEVER brought in a competent GM.  So if Douglas sucks, there's no safety net in place.  There's no plan if Douglas fails.

Hell, even with Douglas in the building it seems like our owners are STILL meddling, and could be a big reason we didn't make any significant trades (aside from Leo) at the trade deadline.  

Giants ownership has not been very good at hiring decisions beginning when they named Reese GM. 

And the Eli meddling is a big reason they are a mess and that was all on ownership.

They are not Johnson Bros incompetent, but they are no longer the gold standard of ownership.

On 1/3/2020 at 2:32 AM, SummerofSam14 said:

Its pretty amazing how quickly he’s being labeled a franchise “QB after 12 games. All I hear about is his (3) 4+ TD games/0INT games yet it is often ignored that the Giants lost 2 of those 3 games. 

I can’t deny Jones looked better than Darnold this year, but he certainty wasn’t perfect. We are getting narrative from the media that Gettleman drafted a Hall of Famer. 

What does that have to do with Jones though? 

Daniel Jones started 12 games. Of those 12 games the opponent scored 27 or more points 10 times. Out of those 10 games, their opponent scored 30 or more points 8 times

The game that he did win, he had to throw 5 TD's and the Giants won by 6 points. 

Do you know the absolute insanity it is to know that as a rookie (who will make mistakes) there is an 84% chance that the opponent will score 27 or more points and a 67% chance that they'll score 30 points? 

That's an absolute tragedy and it reminds me of those few Saints seasons during Brees prime when it seemed like no matter how many points Brees and that offense would put up, they'd lose or damn near lose. 

Darnold has one 4TD game in his career and many of us are crowning him a Franchise QB, so if Daniel Jones can have 3 in 12 starts, yet should be considered too early to call him a franchise QB (Which overall I agree with), then that goes for all young QB's not named Mahomes, Watson, Jackson. 

Its pretty amazing how quickly he’s being labeled a franchise “QB after 12 games. All I hear about is his (3) 4+ TD games/0INT games yet it is often ignored that the Giants lost 2 of those 3 games. 
I can’t deny Jones looked better than Darnold this year, but he certainty wasn’t perfect. We are getting narrative from the media that Gettleman drafted a Hall of Famer. 

Sam had a better statistical year

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app