Look at Mahomes weapons!

Jetster

It just amazes me that Macc took ANOTHER TE in Wesco? If he thought we needed another TE why didn't draft Kittle in 2018. I know Herndon was suspended but was a rookie TE going to fill in immediately? JD just grabbed Griffin off the scrap heap to contribute. 
I think our drafting changes dramatically now with Joe D in charge. 
You realize kittle was drafted in the fifth round. It is not like teams viewed this guy as a great tight end prospect. Not even the 49ers projected the value he had.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

16 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

You realize kittle was drafted in the fifth round. It is not like teams viewed this guy as a great tight end prospect. Not even the 49ers projected the value he had.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

You could say this about any late pick? Wesco was a 4th & he blows. The Niners have risen from the ashes ever since they brought in John Lynch. 

Good scouting & great drafting transforms teams. 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you think actually think a QB can't be elite if he isn't in the "right system"? 

Not necessarily.  I was more talking about the finite aspect of your statement. And especially early in a career. The guys we like to compare Darnold to have completely different circumstances. These "Elite" guys like Mahomes, Watson, Brady and the rest. how many have to change and learn. new system every year or two?  very few. 

There is the argument that the QB made the system work and that can be true, but it's certainly no help to have a subpar HC/OC system and less than top tier talent. add to it having to learn a brand new system regularly. 

You know what I'm talking about I'm sure. That's the main reason I'm not on the fire Case Brigade even though I am very low on him. I think, to your point, that Sam can make it work if he has more time within and some protection. Id rather he not have to learn another system this soon.