Look at Mahomes weapons!

Jetster

1 minute ago, Ben Had said:

What is crystal clear to me is how good Mahomes is...he is why they are so successful! Put any other QB on that team and they may score 1/2 the points they do now.

If Patrick Mahomes (who I believe is great) played on this Jet team, he'd not have finished the season, he'd be on IR. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

21 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make peace with the fact that we took a strong safety over him and then used 4 high picks on a QB who isn’t close to as good as one we could have had for just one pick.

/thread

Sam's got a lot of upside, how he became the franchise's micro phallus I'm not sure

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Watching that game yesterday it crystal clear how laughable Darnolds weapons are starting with the Oline & ending with the Tight end. 

I would take almost every WR on the Chiefs roster over Robbie Anderson. Kelsey is currently the best TE in the league since Gronk retired & its not even close. Tyreek Hill is unstoppable. Then they throw out Watkins, Hardmen, Robinson (If he didn't drop 3 balls they wouldn't have to come from so many points behind). 

Its really criminal that lack of Oline, WRs, RBs in this day & age of offensive football. AJ Brown is a stud, in the same mold as Deebo Samuel. How can a Jet fan not be excited about QB that literally has the worst group of players surrounding him in the entire league & displayed some semblance of success? 

I just imagine Sam with weapons & an Oline protecting him. No one has done more with less in this league at his age. 

DeMarcus Robinson made 3 crucial drops in the first half, including 2 on third down plays, contributing heavily to them starting the game down 24-0.  

There's a chance Sam would have collapsed after that.  Mahomes just shrugged his shoulders and put up 50+ points.  

We get it.  Mahomes has an amazing set of circumstances around him.  He's still a special QB.  Sam is a work in progress.  He wouldn't be doing anything close to what Mahomes is doing if he were a Chief.  He just wouldn't.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not taking anything away from Mahomes but he's throwing to a lot of guys that are wide open, a lot.  

It is so rare Sam has someone wide open.  Feels like every throw Sam has to make is into a VERY tight window. 

That matters.

Not taking anything away from Sam...but have you ever seen him scramble around and make the kind of plays mahomes did yesterday?

Mahomes lifted that team helping get guys open.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 3

1 hour ago, Ben Had said:

What is crystal clear to me is how good Mahomes is...he is why they are so successful! Put any other QB on that team and they may score 1/2 the points they do now.

He is really good, but also struggled some games this year when his weapons were out. He makes some amazing plays out of nothing, but he also has guys that gain separation and are elite talents. If Sam had that he wouldn't have to force balls all the time when trying to come back in a game.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Not taking anything away from Sam...but have you ever seen him scramble around and make the kind of plays mahomes did yesterday?

Are you kidding me? He has 4 WRs with speed, a great TE & Backs that catch & are quick. When he ran there wasn't anyone near him, lol, he ran like 25 yards down the sideline untouched. Houston traded Clowney, Watt is a shell of himself & was totally out of shape kneeling in the 2nd quarter, Texans secondary is a f*cking DISASTER! Did you see who they had out there? It was like the Jets in the Pats & Eagles games, WE didn't even know who our CBs were. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Because if Sam isn’t the goods, this team has literally nothing good about it moving forward. 

I agree! But how does that translate into watching another QB play well and having an uncontrollable impulse to proactively defend Sam as your first reaction.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Watching that game yesterday it crystal clear how laughable Darnolds weapons are starting with the Oline & ending with the Tight end. 

I would take almost every WR on the Chiefs roster over Robbie Anderson. Kelsey is currently the best TE in the league since Gronk retired & its not even close. Tyreek Hill is unstoppable. Then they throw out Watkins, Hardmen, Robinson (If he didn't drop 3 balls they wouldn't have to come from so many points behind). 

Its really criminal that lack of Oline, WRs, RBs in this day & age of offensive football. AJ Brown is a stud, in the same mold as Deebo Samuel. How can a Jet fan not be excited about QB that literally has the worst group of players surrounding him in the entire league & displayed some semblance of success? 

I just imagine Sam with weapons & an Oline protecting him. No one has done more with less in this league at his age. 

Also like to add that our HC couldn't get a job as a ball boy for Andy Reid.  KC is looking very good.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Also like to add that our HC couldn't get a job as a ball boy for Andy Reid.  KC is looking very good.

That Houston defense is TERRIBLE! They had backups playing everywhere in that secondary yesterday to begin with & in the 2nd half they had NOBODIES. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Had said:

Mahomes is amazing, he is a guy (if healthy) who will be top 5 in the MVP voting for the next 10 years, every year.

Mahomes also benefits from having an amazing receiving core, and a very good offensive head coach.  I also think Mahomes benefited by sitting a year and watching how a professional went about his daily routing in Alex Smith.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

I agree! But how does that translate into watching another QB play well and having an uncontrollable impulse to proactively defend Sam as your first reaction.

it's an illness based in massive insecurity. JetNation is petrified we just sold the farm for a flawed, overhyped, mediocre QB.

a QB who has performed demostrably worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick in any meaningful metric over the last 2 years.

and until he plays otherwise he is a bottom 5 QB ( DVOA)

(I've said many times, I see him easily being a middle o the pack QB with better OL/WR...   but thats not the perennial top 10 QB that
the hype machine said we were getting)

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Whatever you need to tell yourself to make peace with the fact that we took a strong safety over him and then used 4 high picks on a QB who isn’t close to as good as one we could have had for just one pick.
There isn't a single team in the top 10 in 2017 that wouldn't have picked Mahomes if they knew he would be who he is now (including Buffalo, who traded the 10th pick to KC). And probably 5-6 in the next 10 that would have traded up for him too. Hindsight is always 20:20.
  • Upvote 3

Just now, isired said:
2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

There isn't a single team in the top 10 in 2017 that wouldn't have picked Mahomes if they knew he would be who he is now (including Buffalo, who traded the 10th pick to KC). And probably 5-6 in the next 10 that would have traded up for him too. Hindsight is always 20:20.

Exactly.  It’s easy to Monday quarterback but many teams passed on him.  The guy is terrific but I don’t look back.  Rightly or wrongly I like who we got.  My issue is that we ignored the oline for too many years and it had bit us in the ass the past two years. Although I am more hopeful for the future 

• Post of the Week 1

Exactly.  It’s easy to Monday quarterback but many teams passed on him.  The guy is terrific but I don’t look back.  Rightly or wrongly I like who we got.  My issue is that we ignored the oline for too many years and it had bit us in the ass the past two years. Although I am more hopeful for the future 
It's also a terrible take because if we're doing that, we should have picked Brady first, won some SBs, THEN transitioned to Mahomes after he spent a year or two behind Brady.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, isired said:

It's also a terrible take because if we're doing that, we should have picked Brady first, won some SBs, THEN transitioned to Mahomes after he spent a year or two behind Brady.

Brady was brought into the NFL on a blanket of cheating, that remained the case for 20 years.  He's not the QB you start a NORMAL franchise with.  

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, isired said:
5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Absolutely.  We could go back to Marino even(even though he didn’t win one) but still.  I live in the moment.  I don’t look back because you could drive yourself nuts as we have seen lol.  Look Do I envy the Chiefs offense?  Yes of course.  But I’m happy who we have as long as we build around our young QB and don’t make dumb decisions.  Will that work? We shall see 

4 minutes ago, isired said:

Agreed.  The point is, there's no reason for the "he wouldn't be good here" stuff, besides to make yourself feel better about this mistake.

That said, this mistake is even more brutal when you consider that we took a strong safety when the QBs on our roster were Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, and Josh McCown, with 40-year-old McCown being the only one still in the league.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Robinson is the WR I want to replace Robby, he's a burner and will be cheap!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Agreed.  The point is, there's no reason for the "he wouldn't be good here" stuff, besides to make yourself feel better about this mistake.

That said, this mistake is even more brutal when you consider that we took a strong safety when the QBs on our roster were Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg, and Josh McCown, with 40-year-old McCown being the only one still in the league.

Yep.  The Hackenberg pick, then avoiding Watson/Mahomes to double down on Hackenberg, are probably the 2 worst decisions by a GM in NFL history.  

People keep saying that drafting Jamal to the Jets was smarter than the Bears trading up for Trubisky.  I disagree.  At least the Bears recognized their need for a QB and went after the one they liked best.  Macc was like "Nah, we're good with Hackenberg".  

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, isired said:
4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Brady wasn't selected a few picks after our pick, when we desperately needed a QB.  In fact, we drafted a QB in the 1st round that year.

• Upvote 1