Take a chance forget the past

When the heart rules the mind

One look and love is blind

When you want the dream to last

Take a chance forget the past

Seasons will change

You must move on

Follow your dream

That decade wasn't so great. You guys are looking at the 80's through guns-n-roses colored glasses.

I was in high school then and I distinctly remember the pain of sitting through:

-"We built this city" - Jefferson Airplanestarshipairplane

-"I wear my sunglasses at night" - some moron, Corey Hart, I think.

-Everything by Yes & Chicago as they pandered to pop and discarded their sound.

-shoulder pads, those weird grey shoes, tux shirts, & piano key ties.

There were other things too, but it hurts to think about it.

That decade wasn't so great. You guys are looking at the 80's through guns-n-roses colored glasses.

I was in high school then and I distinctly remember the pain of sitting through:

-"We built this city" - Jefferson Airplanestarshipairplane

-"I wear my sunglasses at night" - some moron, Corey Hart, I think.

-Everything by Yes & Chicago as they pandered to pop and discarded their sound.

There were others, but it hurts to think about it.

Yes, Top 40 for the most part, sucked in the 80's. However, it was also the time of The Smiths, The Cure, The Cars, The Cult, Depeche Mode, Love and Rockets, Squeeze, Psychadelic Furs, The Church.

There was alot of excellent music in the 80's. If you listened to the radio, you didn't hear most of it.

Horrible era, some songs I remember off the top of my head that would hold well today.

Love shack----B52's

Rock The Casbah---Clash

Gypsy---Fleetwood Mac

Touch Of Grey---Gratefull Dead

Come On Eileen---Dexys Midnight Runners

Old Time Rock -n Roll ---Bob Seeger

Start Me Up---Stones

INXS---Many songs were good.

Melloncamp, Queen, Billy Idol, Robert Palmer and even Hall and Oates all had a few decent hits as well.

Where's all the hair metal? Poisen, Ratt, Warrent, bon Jovi, Motley Crue? No?

How bout Metallica? Ride the Lightning, And Justice for All, Kill em All, Master of Puppets... Damn good music.

If anyone tries to bring up Winger (other than my proactive warning), they should be banned, no questions asked.

Yes, Top 40 for the most part, sucked in the 80's. However, it was also the time of The Smiths, The Cure, The Cars, The Cult, Depeche Mode, Love and Rockets, Squeeze, Psychadelic Furs, The Church.

There was alot of excellent music in the 80's. If you listened to the radio, you didn't hear most of it.

Her in NY we had 92.7 WLIR that played all of the new wave music in the 80's, stuff that nobody else was playing. Apart from those that were mentioned there was Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, Modern English, Simple Minds, New Order, The Pretenders, Missing Persons. My ipod is packed with all of these in my new wave playlist.

Her in NY we had 92.7 WLIR that played all of the new wave music in the 80's, stuff that nobody else was playing. Apart from those that were mentioned there was Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, Modern English, Simple Minds, New Order, The Pretenders, Missing Persons. My ipod is packed with all of these in my new wave playlist.

I used to love WLIR. I grew up out in Riverhead, so I was right on the edge of it's broadcast. I could get it on a good day.

I used to love WLIR. I grew up out in Riverhead, so I was right on the edge of it's broadcast. I could get it on a good day.

I loved WLIR! I lived in Floral Park and was close to Garden City. Remember the Scream of the week, Donna Donna........WLIR was the leader in introducing new bands to American radio.....WLIR was the first radio station to play Madonna and Prince.

Some of my favorite 80's music & groups:

Depeche Mode.......Strangelove, Just can't get enough & Halo (90's)

Yaz...........Only You.

New Order.......Bizzare Love Triangle (best 80's dance song)

Graham Parker and the Rumor......Local Girls

Psychedelic Furs....Ghost in You & Heartbreak Beat

English Beat (later General Public).........Tenderness, I Confess & Never you done that.

OMD........Enola Gay, So in Love & Locomotion

Pet shop boys...... Suburbia & Being boring

Face to Face....... (not the 90's heavy Metal group) Laurie Sergent lead singer....10-9-8

Dream Warriors (late 80's early 90's) ........Boombastic Jazz Style

Alan Parsons Project...............Don't answer me.

Morrissey.................(90's) Everyday is like Sunday & Hairdresser on fire

Missing Persons....Walking in L.A.

Right up my alley, my friend.

5. Forever Young - Alphaville

Do you know where they come from??:D What about David Bowie, Rick Springfield? Hall and Oates. They´re still my favorites.

Do you know FALCO?

Der Kommissar. Mit dieser Single landete er 1981 einen Welthit, sie erreichte in vielen europäischen Ländern Platz 1. In Kanada erhielt Falco für die Single Gold. In den USA schaffte er es mit diesem Titel bis auf Platz 73. Falco war der Erste, der mit einem deutschen Text in die US-amerikanischen Charts gelangte.

Falco died of severe head injuries received following his SUV's collision with a bus near the resort of Puerto Plata, in the Dominican Republic on February 6, 1998 at age 40. At the time of his death, he was considering a comeback into the music world.

He is best known internationally for the rap-styled "Rock Me Amadeus" (inspired in part by the Oscar-winning film Amadeus) from his album Falco 3, which became a worldwide hit in 1986 and reached #1 on the US charts (arguably the first "rap" song to achieve this feat, notwithstanding Blondie's success with their 1981 hit "Rapture" and the fact that "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice from 1990 being cited as the first "true" rap record to top the Billboard Hot 100).

He was the first musician with german lyrics who came to the u.s. charts.:cheers:

Anything from

logo20metallica3sy.jpg

They started to suck after the `80's.

Everything pre-black album was great. Everything, sans Enter Sandman (I'm just sick of the song) on the Black album was great. Everything after? eh...

Metallica - Fade To Black, Master of Puppets, The Four Horsemen, Seek and Destroy, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), The Thing That Should Not Be, ... And Justice For All, One, Blackened, Ride The Lightning, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Harvester of Sorrow

Megadeth doesn't get enough credit. They were a powerhouse too. Though... they really didn't hit their stride until Rust in Peace, and that came out in 1990.

Megadeth - In My Darkest Hour, Peace Sells

Archived