Why I supported Mike Maccagnan for so long.

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I turned on Mac going into Bowles’s last season. The roster was a mess and we signed Trumaine Johnson who I hated. I realized we were going nowhere even tho we got our QB. Suddenly, I knew everything that I thought I saw in the last few years was a lie and wishful thinking.

Yeah it just took me a little longer. Tru was a bad signing but I never saw it being just as bad as it really ended up being. Soooo bad! 

one of my last bastions of hope was that we were about to see leo, Tru and lee in Gregg Williams Defense. I was a major Bowles hater so I thought everyone was free to succeed, including Maccadoodles.

Then there was the 2019 FA period and the draft.  I didn't want Bell and thought the Mosely contract was absurd. Still do. When we took Quinnen Williams with the 3rd overall pick I was done. Then Polite. UGH!  Then Edoga!  Wesco and ANTHER Inside linebacker instead of o line. Just the worst. 

It took too long but I was way out after that and had great hope when we didn't wait any longer to fire him. 

My only real message here is just to give JD some time as he is still a rookie GM. I just framed it with my own thoughts. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/17/2020 at 2:33 PM, GREENBEAN said:

hahaha. 

Hey, so we are 26 hours or so into the FA period and we seemingly lost out on our first list of top FA players. Conklin, Glasgow, Bradberry, Van Noy etc. 

There are those that think JD has a plan and those that fear he's getting his butt kicked out there. Who knows what it really is right now?

But let me just say that I was probably the last supporter of our previous GM around here.  Not so much for all he did, but that we could have potentially been past his learning period and just might have been frowning into an actual NFL GM. My fear was that we'd hire some first time GM and have to watch him make many of the same mistakes that we just endured with the last guy. We hire more first time GM's and HC's than most teams and I, for one, am tiring of continually watching the learning period only to move on and do it all over again. 

That brings us to today and our new guy Joe Douglass. he has a much stronger background that any GM we've ever had before. he has the respect of much of the NFl. He's built a strong supporting cast in his front office. He has a bigger rounder head than any of his predecessors.  But he's still a first time GM. I fully expect him to have a plan, but I also expect him to make tons of first timer mistakes.  ie: Vedvik, Kalil and the like. I think we are in the middle of much of those. 

My support for Macchiato's took a major hit with the last draft and I now have completely flipped on my support of him so please leave me alone there. hahaha

I'm not trying to continue the support. I'm merely trying to add a bit of perspective to what we were all hoping was a complete rebuild of the o line before Wednesday.  He's a first time GM. We have to allow him to grow into his role throughout his long 6 year contract. I'm trying really hard to include this into my thinking while I'm considering going off the rails. No matter what happens with this Fa period, we still likely have a solid GM. Its just gonna take longer than our patience desires. 

MODS BAN THIS GUY. WE CAN NOT HAVE ANYONE WRITING THAT THEY SUPPORTED MACC.  DELETE THIS THREAD.  :)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m disappointed. Someone was supposed to respond to this by saying “so what was Chris Johnson doing then?”

I can only lob the softball guys. I can’t hit it for you.

lol  Funny. I thought about it but thought it was just too low of hanging fruit to grab. Ya know... the rotten stuff. 

• Sympathy 1

On 3/17/2020 at 2:33 PM, GREENBEAN said:

hahaha. 

Hey, so we are 26 hours or so into the FA period and we seemingly lost out on our first list of top FA players. Conklin, Glasgow, Bradberry, Van Noy etc. 

There are those that think JD has a plan and those that fear he's getting his butt kicked out there. Who knows what it really is right now?

But let me just say that I was probably the last supporter of our previous GM around here.  Not so much for all he did, but that we could have potentially been past his learning period and just might have been frowning into an actual NFL GM. My fear was that we'd hire some first time GM and have to watch him make many of the same mistakes that we just endured with the last guy. We hire more first time GM's and HC's than most teams and I, for one, am tiring of continually watching the learning period only to move on and do it all over again. 

That brings us to today and our new guy Joe Douglass. he has a much stronger background that any GM we've ever had before. he has the respect of much of the NFl. He's built a strong supporting cast in his front office. He has a bigger rounder head than any of his predecessors.  But he's still a first time GM. I fully expect him to have a plan, but I also expect him to make tons of first timer mistakes.  ie: Vedvik, Kalil and the like. I think we are in the middle of much of those. 

My support for Macchiato's took a major hit with the last draft and I now have completely flipped on my support of him so please leave me alone there. hahaha

I'm not trying to continue the support. I'm merely trying to add a bit of perspective to what we were all hoping was a complete rebuild of the o line before Wednesday.  He's a first time GM. We have to allow him to grow into his role throughout his long 6 year contract. I'm trying really hard to include this into my thinking while I'm considering going off the rails. No matter what happens with this Fa period, we still likely have a solid GM. Its just gonna take longer than our patience desires. 

Can't fix stupid, brother. When Mac drafted a FQB and then went DT with his next pick, then went DT again in the middle rounds, and then went DT in the first round of the following draft? 

LOLZ.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Can't fix stupid, brother. When Mac drafted a FQB and then went DT with his next pick, then went DT again in the middle rounds, and then went DT in the first round of the following draft? 

LOLZ.

Yep. And here I was blaming poor bowles. 

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOLZ.

Reading this still infuriates me.  

how OL wasn’t his immediate and only priority after drafting Sam is truly mind boggling.  My mind is still actually boggled.