Late FA additions that worked out?

This is for those of you who are total computer brains who remember everything.

This time of year, I always panic when the Jets don't get a good splash early. It's so painful seeing them miss out on early studs. (Like, almost all the OL guys.)

But, can you remember, either for the Jets, preferably, or another team, late FA additions that really worked out well? Who would fit that description?

Like, guys that got released after camp started, or just later in offseason? Does anyone come to mind? Do these FA even exist? Hope so.

We and every other team get those kinds of players all year long. In fact THEY are usually the pleasant surprises!  It's the big name free agents who are the Duds

So don't sweat it!

We all had these lofty expectations last year for Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley... and not long before that we threw a billion dollars at trumaine Johnson

how did that turn out? LOL

Yet by the end of last season, guys like Ryan Griffin, Brian Poole, Alex Lewis, and James Burgess seem to be showing up  and making plays every week!?

All of the above we got off of somebody else's scrapheap. Lmao!

That's why I always root for The Underdogs, and try to keep my eye out for who are making the real plays. It's usually somebody with something to prove.

Cheers..

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

We and every other team get those kinds of players all year long. In fact THEY are usually the pleasant surprises!  It's the big name free agents who are the Duds

So don't sweat it!

We all had these lofty expectations last year for Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosley... and not long before that we threw a billion dollars at trumaine Johnson

Yet by the end of last season, guys like Ryan Griffin, Brian Poole, Alex Lewis, and James Burgess seem to be showing up  and making plays every week!?

That's why I always root for The Underdogs, and try to keep my eye out for who are making the real plays. It's usually somebody with something to prove.

Cheers..

That’s a greAt post. 

Oddly a random one that comes to mind is Leger Douzable. Remember him?

Rex signed him a week before camp and he hung around on the team for a few years. 

For whatever reason some guys slip through the cracks, and there are certainly some values out there in FA over the next few weeks. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

So don't sweat it!

Cheers..

the thing is all of these guys who make it into the nfl are good players.  sometimes it just takes being on the right team and in the right system for them to play much better.  i agree on the fat cat free agents.  i doubt if many are actually worth double or even triple what an average player in the same position will make.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

So don't sweat it!

Cheers..

That's cause people that don't have 10s of millions of dollars sitting around like TJ are much hungrier players and put forth 100% effort.

• Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

That's cause people that don't have 10s of millions of dollars sitting around like TJ are much hungrier players and put forth 100% effort.

Agreed 100% maybe they need to change the the way players get paid? Make it much more incentive-laden!?

Just think how much money we blew last year on Ryan Khalil, Osemele,  and Trumain... it's absolutely disgusting. There are young guys out there trying to prove themselves and still believe in their dream, and these crooks are just entitled and stealing money.