Revis vs. Julio

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Shiny things impress people that don't watch, it's why Jet fans think ty Law was great in 2005 because he had 10 INTs even though he was horrible that season.

Revis was far and away the best defensive player in football that year, quite possibly the greatest year ever for a corner.  He was robbed but I'm sure because he wanted to make as much money as possible you think he deserved to get robbed.

Revis should have won in 2009. Interceptions and touchdowns do matter though. Woodson was a tremendous player in his own right and certainly carries a stronger legacy than Revis does, regardless of the DPOY (which I think most realize that Revis was robbed).

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right but there was not one receiver Revis failed to shut down in 2009.  That includes receivers who were at or near the level of peak Julio (Randy Moss 2x, Roddy White, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Terrell Owens 2x, etc).

The max yardage any receiver got on Revis that season was 58 yards (Louis Murphy, OAK.  lol).  He only allowed 3 TD's (Ted Ginn, Mike Sims-Walker, Moss) all season.

Whatever Revis became later on, that '09 season was pure magic.

After he recovered from the hamstring and got into game shape in 2010 I think he was even better than 2009. That was the year he held Calvin Johnson to 1 catch at Detroit then later that year held Wayne to 1 catch for 1 yard in the playoffs.  Peak Revis was the best corner in history

Just now, Matt39 said:

Revis should have won in 2009. Interceptions and touchdowns do matter though. Woodson was a tremendous player in his own right and certainly carries a stronger legacy than Revis does, regardless of the DPOY (which I think most realize that Revis was robbed).

Woodson wasn't close to revis as a corner, neither was rod woodson but both adjusted to become outstanding, ball hawking safeties and people get them confused.  

14 hours ago, TnT said:

Lol, madeyalook.

seriously though, I knew he had a little success, didn’t remember thee exact numbers. I know there was a time or two he went wild on us...guess that was in DR’s absence.

Yeah. I forgot who the hell Stevie Johnson even was.  For a minute I thought you were talking about nStevie Anderson. lol 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah. I forgot who the hell Stevie Johnson even was.  For a minute I thought you were talking about nStevie Anderson. lol 

Stevie Johnson had a "big" game against revis in 2011. 8 catches, 75 yards and a TD.  He beat revis that day but those aren't amazing numbers against anyone else.

• Upvote 1

On 4/10/2020 at 12:46 PM, peekskill68 said:

Good debate on Twitter today.  Revis vs. Julio Jones 1 on 1.  Based on what I saw him do to Megatron, Ocho Cinco and others, I'd take Revis..

Untitled.jpg

In their prime, there wasn’t a better corner in the NFL than Revis imo. And Revis has unbelievable few years of his prime. Only problem is, the prime was long enough. I’d take Revis over Jerry Rice.