Sam Darnold's Jets career - a pictorial chronology

Just now, Il Mostro said:

No pic from the opener against the Lions?

Remember that night? His first NFL pass a pick 6, but then playing out of his mind as he and the Jets rout Detroit on the road on national tv.

I went to bed after that game thinking we had finally found a QB. Just a few weeks later, he's benched.

These last two years have been... (insert whatever you want here)

• Upvote 1

He was a spring chicken 21 year old, youngest QB to start in NFL history. I know we hate the he's young argument and he has no help, but Darnold is literally one of the biggest cases for this argument.

Sanchez had a great team around him and most of the time looked below average (besides in the playoffs), Darnold's whole team is below average and he plays better than Sanchez did his 1st 2 years for the most part. Darnold being good is the quickest way to turn this sh*tty forsaken franchise around, hopefully it happens this year.

I will admit i was cursing up a storm on that 1st play interception, lol.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Remember that night? His first NFL pass a pick 6, but then playing out of his mind as he and the Jets rout Detroit on the road on national tv.

I went to bed after that game thinking we had finally found a QB. Just a few weeks later, he's benched.

He was a spring chicken 21 year old, youngest QB to start in NFL history. I know we hate the he's young argument and he has no help, but Darnold is literally one of the biggest cases for this argument.

Sanchez had a great team around him and most of the time looked below average (besides in the playoffs), Darnold's whole team is below average and he plays better than Sanchez did his 1st 2 years for the most part. Darnold being good is the quickest way to turn this sh*tty forsaken franchise around, hopefully it happens this year.

I will admit i was cursing up a storm on that 1st play interception, lol.

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I've jokingly said for years that when the Jets finally get their Franchise QB, the league will shut down, or the world will end or something.....?

• Haha 2