Bought a Yeti Cooler

On 7/21/2020 at 5:49 AM, BP said:

If it’s really hot out you can prep it or pre chill the cooler. Put a couple bags of ice in there an hour or two before you load it. 

that chilled water still keeps stuff crazy cold. Good luck with your new yeti!

are you going to upgrade to a Kingsley now too?

They don't make kingsley's anymore.:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 5:47 PM, jetstream23 said:

You really shouldn’t put ice in a hot/warm cooler.  The ice spends all its effort immediately trying to bring the internal temp of the cooler down towards freezing.  Don’t store coolers outside or in the garage in warm weather places.  If you have no choice at least bring the cooler inside the day before you’re going to use it in order to get it to room temperature.  But as stated a few times, the pro method is to sacrifice a bag of ice the night before to pre-chill the cooler, then empty the water the next day before packing the cooler with ice and items for use.

I got the poor mans cooler a Colman extreme.  It was pretty great for our use. Pre cooled it night before ( most of the ice survived) and the a few bags this morning. Still freezing when we got home after a whole day outside. 8 hours. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2020 at 4:43 PM, BUM-KNEE said:

2685780_Biscay_Bay?wid=1200&hei=1200&op_sharpen=1

This is the 20 oz and its worth its weight in gold to me. Coffee stays hot for hours, but ice drinks stay cold for days with ice.

(this one is from a KOHLs ad)

I bought this on your recommendation as my Starbucks was giving me lukewarm coffee since pandemic. 

now I can make my own and bring nice hot one to work. Thanks 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I bought this on your recommendation as my Starbucks was giving me lukewarm coffee since pandemic. 

now I can make my own and bring nice hot one to work. Thanks 

They are great cups.

I think they work better for cold drinks than hot stuff. My vodka stays iced up for hours.

• Upvote 1