Russell Wilson bailing out Jamal’s secondary as Dak carving them up

jetstream23

11 hours ago, Larz said:

Adams is not my cup of tea personally, but are you guys really trying to make the case that he’s not good at footballing?

Not sure if you're talking to me but I'm certainly not making that case.  JA is an excellent player and a deserving Pro Bowler, but the things that he excels at are quite limited and are things that are traditionally not as valuable as other skills at the position he plays.  For what he is and what he does, he's great.

But the farther we move away from that trade the better it looks IMO.  The Jets would still be 0-3 with Adams here.  And, at some point this season he would have impacted a game or two enough to push the Jets to a win that would have only slightly dulled the pain and hurt the Jets Draft position for 2021.  When you think about that in the context of now having two additional 1st round picks on a team whose roster is worse than our worst expectations, and the $15M+ per year the Jets won't have to pay to a Strong Safety, this trade seems like the ONLY positive so far this season.

Again, doesn't take away from the fact that JA is an excellent football player.

15 hours ago, choon328 said:

Probably bc he doesn't watch football,  he just watches slow mo replays of Jamal Adams. I'm sure he's already sent a get well to Jamals groin. 

Jamal's Groin. Great name for a band.  I like it better than Jamal's Mouth. Speaking of which, I could probably fit a toaster in that thing. WARNING! ==> There's a Jamal Adams Story to that.