The Kids are Alright

Best showing to date by JD's first draft class:

Becton- Technique and motor appear fine, just need to determine if he is a little fragile.

Mims- Just seems to be one of those WR's that can control his body to position the catch, has good hands and tacklers bounce off him. Works well in traffic.

Davis- One he learns to play under control a little bit more, and develop NFL cover skills, looks like he can be a multi-sue contributor.

Perine- Coming along. The hands look good and always seems to be moving forward. Don't think he will ever be a workhorse. Blitz pick-up has improved. 

Hall-Very short view, but appears to be around ball. Need to see much more.

Mann-Had a good game, after what I thought was a little regression. 

Obviously, much more needs to be seen, but you can see flashes. Did Macc ever have a draft class that appeared in 1 game as much? Low bar, I know.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Becton- Technique and motor appear fine, just need to determine if he is a little fragile.

Mims- Just seems to be one of those WR's that can control his body to position the catch, has good hands and tacklers bounce off him. Works well in traffic.

Davis- One he learns to play under control a little bit more, and develop NFL cover skills, looks like he can be a multi-sue contributor.

Perine- Coming along. The hands look good and always seems to be moving forward. Don't think he will ever be a workhorse. Blitz pick-up has improved. 

Obviously, much more needs to be seen, but you can see flashes. Did Macc ever have a draft class that appeared in 1 game as much? Low bar, I know.

I think they were trying ease Hall back. They kept rotating Desir back in. It was driving me nuts. 

• Upvote 1

Davis is going to be a beast .. write it down.. **** control .. that hit was clean as **** .

Perine .. looked slow day 1 and still looks slow.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

Davis is going to be a beast .. write it down.. **** control .. that hit was clean as **** .

That was a clean hit. Officials now see a neck whiplash and assume contact has been made with the head. No, it was from the force of the hit. If he can be an enforcer a la Ronnie Lott, and play heady, we may have something. The strip of the reception while going down was textbook.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Perine .. looked slow day 1 and still looks slow.

The speed and recklessness of his game reminds of the Safety that made the Colts entire D better when they won the Superbow --- Sanders, for some reason his first name is escaping me right now. Anyway, Sanders always seemed to be injured as a result of his play style, but when he was healthy he was all over the field and in on every play.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The speed and recklessness of his game reminds of the Safety that made the Colts entire D better when they won the Superbow --- Sanders, for some reason his first name is escaping me right now. Anyway, Sanders always seemed to be injured as a result of his play style, but when he was healthy he was all over the field and in on every play.

Bob

• Upvote 2