Lawrence vs Fields? College fans opinion please.

Jetster

Gase actually uses a lot of this technology now.  There were a few articles about all this new technology he brought into the facility when he was hired.  VR was one of the things, and I know last year the defense was using some type of VR projection in a conference room with garbage can to walk through running plays.  I dont know if i could find the article, but there are a few out there.   

I wonder if we could expand on it......with someone else than Gase.

I think the main issue with projecting QBs are their field vision and how they react to changes hidden in front of them. If we could test that with realistic visuals, it could go a long way.

8 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Relax, he had a big game, big deal. Did you see Brady 2 weeks ago? It happens to everyone even the goat. Lets see if he bounces back, like Brady did. He wiil.

I'll be the first to admit that I've watched a lot more games of Trevor Lawrence than I have Fields (because I love the ACC and consider the Big 10 pretty boring I also love following the SEC too) but I've just never been impressed with him. Even against Clemson during the playoffs last year not only did he throw 2 INTs but he had 14 runs for only 13 yards (0.9 yards per rush) and looked absolutely horrible to me. 

To each our own but the gap between Trevor and Fields is a very big one imo and I actually like Mac Jones of Alabama a lot more than I do Fields as an NFL prospect. 

Trevor Lawrence is a dead bolt lock for #1 overall but I think both Penei Sewell and Ja'Marr Chase will get drafted higher than Fields and QBs like Mac Jones/Trey Lance/Zach Wilson/Kyle Trask I believe are going to close the QB gap on Fields; I don't believe he goes #2 overall like everyone is currently mocking. 

I still like Fields, but Lawrence is still No. 1.

Part of the issue is OSU seems to really push vertical far more often as primary reads. I am getting a bit concerned about his play recognition. There was a sack in the 4th, the CB blitzed from Field's left, and sacked him. On that play, if you notice the screen, there is a deep post route that becomes wide open. My issue was that Fields waited until the break towards the middle, instead of "throwing him open". So I worry about his ability to read the field. Unfortunately, none of us have the access to decipher it.

I still like him because he has very good accuracy. There is an early TD, where he throws a back shoulder pass in the middle of end zone, which was a great adjustment.

I think Fields goes second just because the Jags/Jets need one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app