John Abraham SHUT UP ALREADY!

The Fat Man

"I don't think they really respect me as a player," Abraham told The Post yesterday in his first public remarks since being slapped with the $8.3 million franchise tag. "I feel I overstayed my welcome in New York.

"It's time to move on."

"I'm not trying to be mean or rude," Abraham said. "I kinda feel like I'm the one getting thrown under the bus."

"I think it's better for both sides if we just part."

"I could have signed the tender right now and they'd be stuck," he said. "I'm still giving them the leeway to do what they want to do."

Asked if he plans on signing it, Abraham said: "I'm not sure. It's according to what they're gonna do. No one from that organization has called me personally."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can anyone support this class pile of Alpaca Poop! What an idiot! John just shut the farck up already and go drink your booze. He is just like Herm and Heimerdinger who bitches to the media. One question Johnnie Boy....Why doesn;t your agent get off his fat arse and try to contact the Jets! Its all about you Johnnie baby....isn't it!

How does signing the tender offer now leave us "stuck"? Don't we have to have that cap space readily available once we designate him (even if he doesn't sign it)? It doesn't affect who else we have to cut at all, whether he signs it now or in August. But signing it now means he has to take orders from Mangini (practices, weight requirements, etc) as much as an undrafted rookie.

How does signing the tender offer now leave us "stuck"? Don't we have to have that cap space readily available once we designate him (even if he doesn't sign it)? It doesn't affect who else we have to cut at all, whether he signs it now or in August. But signing it now means he has to take orders from Mangini (practices, weight requirements, etc) as much as an undrafted rookie.

I"m not sure. But I do know the writers have been writing that. They keep putting it in the papers that if Abraham signs the tender before the 3rd then the Jets will have to account for it.

The Jets do not have to have the money available under the cap unless he is under contract. If Abe were to sign the tender, the Jets would immediately have to cut 8.3 mil in salary. He is doing them a huge favor by not signing yet.

The Jets do not have to have the money available under the cap unless he is under contract. If Abe were to sign the tender, the Jets would immediately have to cut 8.3 mil in salary. He is doing them a huge favor by not signing yet.

I thought you can't tag someone unless you have the room to do so (for just this reason - what IF he signs it suddenly, then how long does the team have to make room? An hour? A day? A week? A minute?)

You have to have the money available before you can slap a franchise tag on a player.

I think if he were to sign it today the Jets would have until March 3rd to have the CAP space.

Newsday:

Jets are exploring all options. Meanwhile, Abraham will explore his.

One of them includes signing the franchise tender as soon as he receives it this week, a move that would force the Jets to clear room on the salary cap for his $8.3-million salary by March 3. If Abraham signs the tender, he will not be permitted to sit out the offseason program, minicamps and training camp, as he did last offseason in protest.

Abe wont sign because he will skip two a days like last off season.

You have to have the money available before you can slap a franchise tag on a player.

You Know I seem to remember a RB that's the Pats had! They took him in 95 in the 3rd rd and gave him a starting gig right off the Bat! In 96 the Pats went to the Bowl and lost! The Coach of the Pats them moved to another Team..This player was not happy about that! He loved that Coach like a Daddy! So with the new Team that Coach was also a GM! And wouldn't you know it that RB turned his back on the Team that drafted him and entered into a contact with his old Coach that has since been declared illegal! But he wanted to be with his Daddy and the Big Bucks..Of course to this Day people say he's a Class Guy and a Legend to some! Yet Abe is a ******* for wanting a Contract?? Go figure!:rolleyes:

You Know I seem to remember a RB that's the Pats had! They took him in 95 in the 3rd rd and gave him a starting gig right off the Bat! In 96 the Pats went to the Bowl and lost! The Coach of the Pats them moved to another Team..This player was not happy about that! He loved that Coach like a Daddy! So with the new Team that Coach was also a GM! And wouldn't you know it that RB turned his back on the Team that drafted him and entered into a contact with his old Coach that has since been declared illegal! But he wanted to be with his Daddy and the Big Bucks..Of course to this Day people say he's a Class Guy and a Legend to some! Yet Abe is a ******* for wanting a Contract?? Go figure!:rolleyes:

Savage, my friend, you are way too sensible to be posting on Jets message boards.

You cant blame Abe for wanting a long term deal. But he deserves no respect from anybody, especially the fans. What could have been....

Anyways, I'm tellin you guys right now. Trade Abraham for a 2nd or 3rd this year and a 1st in next years draft.

That will give us 2 1st rd picks next year, giving us plenty of ammo to trade up for Quinn/Stanton/Other top QB prospect should we be out of the top 5/10 in next years draft.

The problem that happens if he signs the tender is that the money then becomes guaranteed for 2006. There is no way to rescind the offer and let him walk. Also, and im not sure on this, but I think it makes him harder to trade because the new team would be on the hook for the franchise tender amount.

What a joke..respect is earned and just because you play 16 games that should not be some major accomplishment. You are SUPPOSED to play 16 games moron! And once he gets a long term deal he will love the place he is in and back to his inmature ways. Some guys just never get it

You cant blame Abe for wanting a long term deal. But he deserves no respect from anybody, especially the fans. What could have been....

Anyways, I'm tellin you guys right now. Trade Abraham for a 2nd or 3rd this year and a 1st in next years draft.

That will give us 2 1st rd picks next year, giving us plenty of ammo to trade up for Quinn/Stanton/Other top QB prospect should we be out of the top 5/10 in next years draft.

Yo Dooshey,

Why are you so quick to get rid of a Pro-Bowl DE that makes plays to change a game?

Oh, I forgot, Vilma turns games around.:eek:

At least that RB when in his Prime Made It to a Super Bowl and an AFC Title Game and also led the AFC in Rushing while arguably Over The Hill! This DE/LB Whatever He Is has Played in Only 2 1/4 Playoff games for a Combined Record of 1-2, which is a Lower Winning Percentage than the

Jets had (1-1) in Games he could Arguably have Played In!

Archived