Olave and the WR’s

redlichtie

Apologies if there’s another thread covering this, but somewhat lost in all the QB hype surrounding the Sugar Bowl and the Fields v Lawrence debate is that Chris Olave is going to be an absolute superstar at the next level. I realise I may be late to the party on this but he has Odell Beckham level swagger and is just going to be an elite playmaker on Sundays. 

If we can’t get Pitts I’d be thrillled with Olave ...what’s the general view on him and where he goes?

7 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Olave with either our Seattle pick or our second rounder. Enough with this running back crap and take the stud receiver.

Yeah, if they build up the OL a little more, I'm fine going into next season with Perine, Johnson and, say, Gus Edwards?

6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Olave reminds me a little of Robby Anderson he's very slight frame wise. Don't know if he's got what it takes to be that kind of star in the NFL. Don't get me wrong I liked what I saw as well, but if you match up his size and weight he'd be lucky to be a slot receiver in the NFL

Ironically, DeVonta Smith is even smaller than Olave.  Do you feel the same about him?  I'm always about the big, fast WR types and suspicious of the little guys, but I'm not sure I'm not just being stubborn.

Chase

Smith

Bateman

Olave

Waddle

Marshall/Moore

...everyone else

I'm really hoping somehow Bateman slides down to the Seattle pick, as unlikely as it is. But I know that some teams really love the speedsters and Waddle might go really high. I have Marshall and Moore on the same level, it just depends on the type of receiver you want. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/8/2021 at 6:50 AM, PepPep said:

Chase

Smith

Bateman

Olave

Waddle

Marshall/Moore

...everyone else

I'm really hoping somehow Bateman slides down to the Seattle pick, as unlikely as it is. But I know that some teams really love the speedsters and Waddle might go really high. I have Marshall and Moore on the same level, it just depends on the type of receiver you want. 

I like that list.  Either Bateman or Olave would be great in the late 20's.  A Fields/Olave reunion would be great and give the new QB instant chemistry.