OT: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Political? Who should be in?

SouthernJet

I know that Jann Wenner runs that organization with a tight fist (pun intended).

I know he hates Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull frontman) regarding gay jokes Ian made years and years ago (BTW, he still makes them). But I see some veery odd choices going into the Hall sometimes and it makes me wonder How Tull can be ignored when some strange groups/solo acts get in?

Any other groups you think shold be in also that get ignored?

My vote is obviously for Jethro Tull.

a couple of years ago and i think it was for best heavy metal / hard rock band... talk about funny.. i remeber saying huh? when they won . :lol:

I don't know why I do this, it's insane.

But I did it.

Searched Grammy site for Jethro Tull.

They won for "Crest of a Knave" record.

Crest of a Knave.

:shock:

Usually that's the 1st Tull record that pops into my mind, having followed them since day one. Right.

:shock:

Crest of a Knave?

Help me.

Far from their best work.

But it's this usual Grammy horsesh** about giving awards for the wrong reason.

continuing the rant.........

Somebody mentioned Flock of Seagulls.

More Grammy atrocities.

FoS wins best rock instrumental award over 2nd place Dixie Dregs.

FoS = better instrumentalists than the DD?

FoS had to be embarrassed here

Guess that's why I love the Grammys.

Back to the Hall of Fame topic.

Is Tiny Tim there?

d

Motorhead should definitely be in there. Seriously. They were way before their time. Lots of metal bands (both past and current) site them as inspiration.

"The Ace of Spades! The Ace of Spades!"

Lemmy Kilminster rules! :comb:

They won in 1989 for Heavy Metal... beating out Metallica's ... And Justice For All. Tull didn't even show up to the awards, cause they thought (as did everyone else) that they were not going to win.

The Grammys didnt have a category for Progressive Rock (Tulls genre), and the Grammys threw them in the Heavy Metal category. Tull thought that was silly since they didnt remotelly resemble Heavy Metal. They assumed Metallica would win so didnt show, sicne they didnt consider themselves Heavy Metal.

Skynyrd should be in, and it's a joke that they aren't.

Bono doesn't have an original bone in his body, but of course, U2 makes it on the first ballot.

that's cause Bono is louder than a band who had half it's original members pass away, sadly. Hell, how did U2 get in already? Have they been around for 25 years yet>

They won in 1989 for Heavy Metal... beating out Metallica's ... And Justice For All. Tull didn't even show up to the awards, cause they thought (as did everyone else) that they were not going to win.

Metallica were so sure of winning, they had printed up 100,000 labels for the albums with Grammy Award Winners.

They then changed it to Grammy Award Losers, and stuck them on the records. A shame becasue Justice was a classic.

Archived