Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

7 hours ago, Stark said:

Caught up... 

Before this last greenseed post I was going to in on Jville or 80.. I think very strongly that Jvill or 80 is scum. 

yeah im pingy but you throw your vote to JC. ... not the play

Why either/or? Why not both or neither?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JiF said:

And as I just pointed it, its the same sh*t another poster is doing and you're defending that player.

You're completely illogical, which isnt new, so I'm good with my vote on JC but you trying to sh*t on my cases, is disgusting and more anti-town behavior. 

I feel like 80 has had his semi-typical town candor.

I feel like he’s also dense, and anti-town logic is common for him.

He’s in my watch list. Not ready to lynch.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That and you didn't question why we should all be revealing and the timing on which you disappeared was sketch.  When I was scum with you, you intentionally would disappear at times even when you weren't real life busy, so yeah, I questioned it.

I'm glad you've returned and defended well.  My vote is currently on another player, and you currently have given a top 3, so let's take a break from this tiresome back and forth, shall we?

It’s alarming to me that both 80 and greenseed are outing this. Almost at principle lynch status.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The JC case is paper thin and 5 people hopped on, so hell yeah I'm going to question it.  Many, many times JC has exhibited the behaviors he's exhibiting this game and it was a null tell.  Is meta not a thing any more? 

This is a town post. Irate about the principle of it.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Your play is sorta goofy, scattered and manic this game but I’m thinking-hoping it’s some emotional scarring from like 4 scum draws  in a row. 

Idiotic 80 = town.

I had him pegged as scum almost immediately last game. I just delayed the cop view to N2, under the “I know he’s scum but will get will get himself  lynched” logic.

Ask @JiF

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Idiotic 80 = town.

I had him pegged as scum almost immediately last game. I just delayed the cop view to N2, under the “I know he’s scum but will get will get himself  lynched” logic.

Ask @JiF

Nobody was surprised you peeked in CTMs bedroom first, I sure did. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

JiFs step down due to marriage, you may have slipped some on the low-T but I expect you to put up a hell of a fight. 

I am up to this 

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Greenpeen - These two posts fairly close to each other come off as pretty gross to me. One minute you're espousing the virtues of playing out the day slowly, the next you're FOS'ing Stark but voting JC because "it will make more of an impact this round". 

I also don't get why you felt the need to clarify that your vote was a (single) vote. Almost like you have more voting power on that JC train but want to make it sound like you don't.

Please explain what you mean by your vote on JC having more of an impact this round.  Do you have any thoughts on JC aside from your vote having more of an impact? 

Any thoughts on JiF, Drums and JETS?

These are town observations

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I disagree it was paper thin and I disagree that is his meta.  You continue to create false narratives.  

You over here calling cases sh*t when you case is literally, pure sh*t, as Ive point out.

You're disgusting and useless. 

Feels like 80/Jif town vs. town

89 putz logic is less calculated, more town to me. Jif jumping on it  I’ve done 1000x

2 hours ago, JiF said:

80 acting like the tough guy know it all townie is disgusting.  

But to me, town. He’s assume this veneer of “boss” stays in mafia since he got married. Could be wrong read, but I see it as limp town with puffy chest.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

No. I wanna hurry this up. I think there are multiple scums and that D1 is dragging on too long. 

Yes, because my keeping a single vote on Stark would require talking six other people into joining my vote. It is easier to just join a lynch train that already has momentum. 

Uh wat? Are you ******* with me?

Read above.  And yes, I believe he is also scum. 

Why is this so difficult? 

Yes. 

Shut up.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I am up to this 

These are town observations

Feels like 80/Jif town vs. town

89 putz logic is less calculated, more town to me. Jif jumping on it  I’ve done 1000x

But to me, town. He’s assume this veneer of “boss” stays in mafia since he got married. Could be wrong read, but I see it as limp town with puffy chest.

OMG I hope so. A scummy boopsie makes a sad muffin top 

6 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

LOL I was just thinking this. Guy always seems like scum and I’m not sure he’s ever actually been scum, it’s remarkable. The one time he gives off strong town vibes he should be lynched immediately just to test the theory.

Only post by jville since I handed him his ass via case.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

80 is a boring D1 lynch but it might the right one.

I don’t see it bud. I think you’re chasing stupid, not scum. I’m going on the record.

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Because I can only cast 1 vote. GS made a, what would be a vote able comment as I was considering moving it. I also did say I was cool voting either of the 3.  

4 hours ago, Stark said:

Because I can only cast 1 vote. GS made a, what would be a vote able comment as I was considering moving it. I also did say I was cool voting either of the 3.  

Unvote vote Stark

I have been reading and rereading the thread. I am going to move my vote over to Stark right now. Not because I think he is hiding but because his posts are only defensive for the most part except when he goes after Greenseed, who as of right now I think is noob town. I would like to see Stark vote someone else and why. 

I want to see what I can make of Ape and Jvill. I'm pretty much suspicious of everyone right now. Closest to town for me are CTM, Greenseed, and maybe 80 but that's not really saying much. 

On 3/9/2021 at 4:58 PM, jvill 51 said:

Everyone’s reveals. What stood out to me:

- After me and CTM reveal and the brief discussion about whether if there’s other millers out there they should hold off on claiming, Crusher, JC, Greenseed, Stark, JiF all reveal, pushing it to the point where over half the game has claimed miller. No discussion of mine and CTM’s proposal of holding off. To me that fits with JC’s and JiF’s M.O. and also Crusher’s to a lesser extent. Stark strikes me as more cerebral and be the guy to slow it down and talk it through out of that bunch, but he’s also the last on that list to claim and momentum was clearly pointing towards millers revealing at that point. I don’t know what to take out of Greenseed’s reveal yet, but I agree with Crusher that the phrasing was interesting.

- Ape’s reveal itself doesn’t bother me. The concern about others calling him scum for diving into mechanics stood out to me, but his actual dive into the opening post feels like he’s actively trying to solve the game.

- 80’s reveal feels a bit contrived and over explained.

- JETS struck me as genuine in real time

- Drums I don’t know what to make of it yet. He pulled this stuff last game as serial killer, but he’s been getting frustrated in recent games with getting attacked for not living up to his meta so I could see him pulling it as town this game just to switch things up. But in the past I feel like town Drums would have definitely been involved in the discussion over whether other millers should have held off on claiming.

- Barry was last to claim and it took some pushing from 80. Possible he’s scum caught flat footed by the early miller reveals, but right or wrong i keep thinking scum wouldn’t wait until the very end to reveal after being provided very convenient cover to do so.

Jvill going for the super town award here. The bold is a comment that got me when I first read it. Quietly throwing shade when my eyes usually glaze over when people start talking about setups and what not.  Not to mention I hadn't even read the thread until there were already a bunch of reveals. I think this might have been trying to see if anyone else bit because I was rhyming and "pulled that stuff last game as serial killer."  

On 3/9/2021 at 5:49 PM, jvill 51 said:

Wait, how come none of this rhymes?

But yeah, I’m fine with everyone revealing because after like 3 or 4 people revealed it’s to the point where holding off on revealing merely narrows the list for scum. The lack of discussion and the speed of it is what threw me off.

The picture reveal didn’t bother me from JC, odd from Stark who again I thought would’ve talked it through more.

Was this you being a wise ass or was this you looking for something more?

On 3/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, jvill 51 said:

There was nothing to discuss. I can’t think of one reason why not to claim in that situation other than narrowing the lynch pool, which at that point was overwhelmingly outweighed by the benefits. I don’t want to beat the already beaten dead horse about why I thought after that point further claims might run the risk of diminishing returns/increased risks.

In addition to one of my last posts, here he admits there was actually nothing to discuss when he revealed, but later on (as I mention above) he drops a little suss that I don't join in on the discussion when he says "I feel like town Drums would have definitely been involved in the discussion over whether other millers should have held off on claiming." Am I just stoned and seeing sh*t here? 

On 3/11/2021 at 3:48 PM, jvill 51 said:

He contradicted himself 3 times in about 1 1/2 pages. Claimed to ISO Barry but then didn’t know why Barry was voting me. Called Barry’s case on me weak, then voted me. Explained his vote on me as me hiding even though I had just posted not too long and said his goal today was to push interaction, then when he gets heat for it he’s no longer around.

I mean yeah, I get he’s a wild card and tough to read on D1, but at a certain point strange behavior has to be called out and pushed. It seems like you’re arguing to just let it go cause JC gonna JC.

I think this is how must of us feel that are/were voting JC today

On 3/9/2021 at 12:26 AM, CTM said:

hey rodent.. black text isn't visible in dark mode.

Also I'm a miller... If a cop investigates me it will be guilty.  So don't bother investigating me, but if you are a stubborn stupid mule like last games cop and do so anyway, I suggest you do not reveal yoself as it will not provide any new information.

And just so scum can join in the wifom , I may or may not have additional powers

Chew on that beeyotchs 

rule #14

On 3/9/2021 at 12:47 AM, jvill 51 said:

If you didn’t do it I probably would have anyway. Only other play would be to try and draw the shot, which may or may not have been wise considering the other power I may or may not have.

On 3/11/2021 at 6:28 PM, Integrity28 said:

This is primarily why I’m voting jville.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:27 PM, Integrity28 said:

At that point, we saw 2- maybe 3 Miller reveals. You being the biggest over-reactor to CTM doing it first, then your immediate thinking was to try to WIFOM scum? Rather odd concern that early, considering you’re a relatively new player and probably haven’t seen a Miller in a game - let alone several - and what that might mean for the setup.

In short, it seemed contrived.

Hey Ape, if CTM did it first, why is it a big deal for Jvill to do it? Serious question because that's how I looked at it.  

On 3/11/2021 at 8:50 PM, Integrity28 said:

Again. You’re asking me to explain something that’s not my case. That is deflecting.

Tthis is a game played by causing, observing and making reactions. In this case, I voted you and was interesting to see who else did and why. So, divulging exactly what stuck out to me would defeat the purpose of observing.

You're countering with deflection and what almost feels like a bit of scum that don’t think I deserved to catch you.

Did you see anything interesting?

On 3/11/2021 at 7:44 PM, jvill 51 said:

Haven’t seen a miller, no, but at that point there was only one other miller claim and I’m not sure if there will be others. Also, it wasn’t my immediate concern, I didn’t put it into my reveal post. After I saw CTM do it I thought it was a smart move and didn’t see much downside with giving scum something to think about since I’ve already revealed.

Thinking about this.. you're jvill. You don't get lynched, let alone investigated on D1, but you immediately revealed before there was any type of obvious curse of the Millers (which means you may have thought you'd be investigated.. or you're scum, or maybe you just thought it was a good idea).

On 3/9/2021 at 3:12 PM, jvill 51 said:

Yeah I mean everyone’s free to make their own decision, but the lack of discussion about it is what struck me as odd

On 3/9/2021 at 7:21 PM, jvill 51 said:

This is fair, I could see how you could get that I guess. That’s not really what im Focused on though. Maybe I’m a bit biased here since I know I’m town, but once there’s multiple miller claims that’s open season for scum to rush in and also claim miller. It provides them with the most convenient cover for future negative investigations, the optimal play in a normal scenario where there aren’t multiple millers is probably to claim right away, and the more claims that follow the more they can narrow down their hunt for who to NK.

That’s why I suggested if there’s other millers they don’t reveal right away. And that’s why I think the lack of any discussion surrounding that and the rush to jump on the miller train is of particular interest.

Remember when he said there was nothing to discuss?

On 3/9/2021 at 6:36 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I'm back bitches. Don't even bother trying to kill me because I'll be back.

Everyone basically came in and claimed Miller except you. It does kinda make you stand out, like you weren't "in on it"

14 hours ago, Stark said:

Caught up... 

Before this last greenseed post I was going to in on Jville or 80.. I think very strongly that Jvill or 80 is scum. 

yeah im pingy but you throw your vote to JC. ... not the play

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

6 hours ago, Stark said:

Did you actually answer Ape's question though? I'm interested too. Let's say you did have two votes, and 1 is on GS, where's the other one going? Why?