Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

At that point, we saw 2- maybe 3 Miller reveals. You being the biggest over-reactor to CTM doing it first, then your immediate thinking was to try to WIFOM scum? Rather odd concern that early, considering you’re a relatively new player and probably haven’t seen a Miller in a game - let alone several - and what that might mean for the setup.

In short, it seemed contrived.

Haven’t seen a miller, no, but at that point there was only one other miller claim and I’m not sure if there will be others. Also, it wasn’t my immediate concern, I didn’t put it into my reveal post. After I saw CTM do it I thought it was a smart move and didn’t see much downside with giving scum something to think about since I’ve already revealed.

On 3/9/2021 at 3:40 PM, jvill 51 said:

If CTM is scum that means he had to be crazy bold/lucky with his claim or Spoot gave them the safe claim and he ran with it. The latter possibility is why I’m not completely writing him off, but I still trust his claim the most right now.

On 3/9/2021 at 4:00 PM, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I thought this was what I pretty much said. Anyway, agree.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Point 1: Claiming Miller first does not make ctm town or ‘more likely’ town. It just means he said it first. Play the game before assessing any likelihood there. 

Help me make sense of how this tracks?

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I wanted to see how strongly you would hold to your position on Jvill.  You think I try this as scum?  I would've just let the train build on you especially after Drums had moved to you.  I was trying to isolate you and your position.   

Why wouldn’t you try this as scum? Would paint too much of a target on your back?

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

********OFFICIAL VOTECOUNT********

Barry -- 80, (1)

Stark -- Greenseed (1)

Crusher -- JETS (1)

jvill -- Ape, JC (2)

Ape -- CTM (1)

JC -- Barry, jvill, JiF, Drums (4)

JETS -- Crusher (1)

With 12 people alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

I thought Barry unvoted

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Someone count up the “I am town, not scum or 3rd party” posts. I don’t have the time.

I think some are avoiding it.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:04 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope.  100 % a Town Miller.  GFY.

On 3/9/2021 at 6:46 PM, The Crusher said:

I am town. I am a Miller. I am fat. Not scum or third party. 

On 3/9/2021 at 7:33 PM, jvill 51 said:

I am town. Crusher is fat. I am not scum or third party.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I am town. JiF is gay. I am not scum or third party.

On 3/9/2021 at 7:48 PM, CTM said:

i'm town, not scum or third party

On 3/9/2021 at 7:49 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I am town.  I am not scum nor third party.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:36 PM, Drums said:

I am town. I am not scum and I am not third party. 

On 3/10/2021 at 7:33 AM, JiF said:

I am a Miller, town, not scum, not 3 party and super into any type of hole/s.

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’ll do mine right now. 

I am town, I am not scum or 3rd party.

37 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Would be hilarious if they used it on my previous post!

I am Town, not scum/3rd party.  Friends call me ‘Berg’.  I have no friends. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be fair, Greenseed only did it after prompting as well.  But this is also his 2nd game, so he gets a bit of a pass there.  

He genuinely didn’t seem to know why he should. Scum would probably be promoted by teammate, I think. Maybe. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No. I think it’s clear. I’m voting you for the wifom’ oh scum thing. Digging into this feels like deflection.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s clear at all. And why did not mention the WIFOM thing yesterday when you actually voted me?

He genuinely didn’t seem to know why he should. Scum would probably be promoted by teammate, I think. Maybe. 

This.

I’ve already revealed as Miller and that I have no powers/abilities. Didn’t realize there was a purpose in doing it all in a single post — to help some polygraph wielding voyeur a peek at my insides.

That being said, I fear no lie detectors, or scum, or Man...because if you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m a bad ass.

A bad ass named, “Berg.”

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Yeah, I don’t think it’s clear at all. And why did not mention the WIFOM thing yesterday when you actually voted me?

Again. You’re asking me to explain something that’s not my case. That is deflecting.

Tthis is a game played by causing, observing and making reactions. In this case, I voted you and was interesting to see who else did and why. So, divulging exactly what stuck out to me would defeat the purpose of observing.

You're countering with deflection and what almost feels like a bit of scum that don’t think I deserved to catch you.

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Of the four why me? And other then the fact that you think I’m simply trying to make it to the night why do you think I’m scum?

I should probably have let the fat guy answer first, but the case is building on you buddy.  You were one of the last to reveal as Miller, and your "oh I thought we were giving the cop a chance" excuse rings a bit hollow.  You were also one of the last 2 to make a lie detector post (and only after prompting from the Ape).  

But its OK.  If we lynch you and you flip town there's no doubt you will be resurrected eventually.  

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Of the four why me? And other then the fact that you think I’m simply trying to make it to the night why do you think I’m scum?

Meanwhile, even if everything I listed was a poor case, this is enough to justify a vote on D1.  A rush to get to night is almost always scummy.  The only time a town player might be in a rush to get to night is if he has a sweet role.  But we're all Millers, right?  

Again. You’re asking me to explain something that’s not my case. That is deflecting.

Tthis is a game played by causing, observing and making reactions. In this case, I voted you and was interesting to see who else did and why. So, divulging exactly what stuck out to me would defeat the purpose of observing.

You're countering with deflection and what almost feels like a bit of scum that don’t think I deserved to catch you.

I already addressed your case on me. If you want to discuss that more, fine. This was a separate question and you’re refusing to answer it.

7 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I already addressed your case on me. If you want to discuss that more, fine. This was a separate question and you’re refusing to answer it.

No, I don’t want to discuss it more. I think your explanation was trash. That’s why you’re instead deflecting to counter interrogation. 

So, yes. I am refusing to answer it, because it’s not pertinent to the case I made. It’s just a distraction, which feels like the goal for you here.

Yiure the one that’s persisting with this. I’m good, as I’ve said.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile, even if everything I listed was a poor case, this is enough to justify a vote on D1.  A rush to get to night is almost always scummy.  The only time a town player might be in a rush to get to night is if he has a sweet role.  But we're all Millers, right?  

This seems role fishy

• Upvote 1