Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

6 hours ago, Stark said:

Because I can only cast 1 vote. GS made a, what would be a vote able comment as I was considering moving it. I also did say I was cool voting either of the 3.  

You've called 80 lazy but I think your vote on GS is lazy too

14 hours ago, Stark said:

I placed it at the end of the post that you quoted. you had to click the "quote button" which is literally right below said claim.... it would have been the last thing you read. you are either skimming or chose not to acknowledge it to try to drive some BS .... and look above. what case. you and Jvill have mentioned that "Stark should have slow played, town stark would have slow played" that's not a case. its  a lazy opinion. 

I mentioned Jvill doing this already and he ghosted.

-------

yesterday I have a day of meeting, and kid had to go to dr. get back to office and go into a meeting with a director that ends in us going play golf/... which was as up and down a round could be but first of the year so expected. then come home get kinds to bed and pass out.

Meanwhile you use that as me hiding, greenseed latches onto that theory also...

80 is lazy or scum.

Jvill is way over explaining everything probably scum

Greenseed is either bad at mafia or just bad at teh mafia... does make entertaining posts.

one of these 3 for me. currently voting GS and like that vote based on his "Stark is pingy but Im going to vote JC where my vote matters" 

For 80 and GS, you provide some doubt in your reads but not really for jvill... yet you vote GS. 

suspicious dogs GIF (honorable mention to Jif's side eye)

3 hours ago, Drums said:

Jvill going for the super town award here. The bold is a comment that got me when I first read it. Quietly throwing shade when my eyes usually glaze over when people start talking about setups and what not.  Not to mention I hadn't even read the thread until there were already a bunch of reveals. I think this might have been trying to see if anyone else bit because I was rhyming and "pulled that stuff last game as serial killer."  

You’re usually very involved very early as town, and asking a ton of questions. Maybe not specific to set up discussions, but I’d have to look that up. You did indeed pull a similar stunt with the Bond thing as a SK in the last game though. I’ve seen you as not town I think only twice, and one you laid low and the other you came out of the gate with an act. I feel Better on both fronts now that your back to questioning and haven’t kept up the schtick/let people infer you were town with a post restriction like you did last game.

3 hours ago, Drums said:

Was this you being a wise ass or was this you looking for something more?

A joke

3 hours ago, Drums said:

In addition to one of my last posts, here he admits there was actually nothing to discuss when he revealed, but later on (as I mention above) he drops a little suss that I don't join in on the discussion when he says "I feel like town Drums would have definitely been involved in the discussion over whether other millers should have held off on claiming." Am I just stoned and seeing sh*t here? 

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Thinking about this.. you're jvill. You don't get lynched, let alone investigated on D1, but you immediately revealed before there was any type of obvious curse of the Millers (which means you may have thought you'd be investigated.. or you're scum, or maybe you just thought it was a good idea).

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Remember when he said there was nothing to discuss?

Gonna answer these together since they’re all pretty much related.

There was nothing to discuss at that point both figuratively and literally. I believed the positives of revealing clearly outweighed the negatives. If CTM is scum why would I not counter with my role which is a net negative for town anyway and box him in? If CTM is town and I’m the only other miller it makes almost no sense for me to not reveal it; it’s going to be a point of discussion early on and I have a key piece of information relating to it, and if i do get investigated a cop possibly outs himself because why would he expect a SECOND unrevealed miller. If CTM is town and there’s multiple other millers out there, something I suspect but can’t know for certain at that time, a cop is alerted to the fact that there’s something super weird about the setup here and he probably shouldn’t outright reveal at the first guilty investigation result.

I say it makes “almost” no sense for me not to reveal because there is one potential negative: by my revealing scum knows I’m not a PR that is a threat to them and I’ve narrowed scums hunt for PRs that can actually hurt them.

I brought up the suggestion of other potential millers holding off on revealing because I believed at that point any cop would be sufficiently tipped off to the strangeness of the situation and further reveals would have diminishing returns on that end and increased risk of narrowing scums hunt for PRs.

I wasn’t questioning why no one intuitively paused and/or came to the same conclusion before they revealed. I’m not questioning people who disagreed with the conclusion, because I see benefits to both strategies. I was questioning why they didn’t have anything to say about the LITERAL discussion that had already been brought up about that exact same thing, that occurred at a very conspicuous and noticeable point in the game.

And so concludes my second novel of the game.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

You’re usually very involved very early as town, and asking a ton of questions. Maybe not specific to set up discussions, but I’d have to look that up. You did indeed pull a similar stunt with the Bond thing as a SK in the last game though. I’ve seen you as not town I think only twice, and one you laid low and the other you came out of the gate with an act. I feel Better on both fronts now that your back to questioning and haven’t kept up the schtick/let people infer you were town with a post restriction like you did last game.

A joke

There was nothing to discuss at that point both figuratively and literally. I believed the positives of revealing clearly outweighed the negatives. If CTM is scum why would I not counter with my role which is a net negative for town anyway and box him in? If CTM is town and I’m the only other miller it makes almost no sense for me to not reveal it; it’s going to be a point of discussion early on and I have a key piece of information relating to it, and if i do get investigated a cop possibly outs himself because why would he expect a SECOND unrevealed miller. If CTM is town and there’s multiple other millers out there, something I suspect but can’t know for certain at that time, a cop is alerted to the fact that there’s something super weird about the setup here and he probably shouldn’t outright reveal at the first guilty investigation result.

I say it makes “almost” no sense for me not to reveal because there is one potential negative: by my revealing scum knows I’m not a PR that is a threat to them and I’ve narrowed scums hunt for PRs that can actually hurt them.

I brought up the suggestion of other potential millers holding off on revealing because I believed at that point any cop would be sufficiently tipped off to the strangeness of the situation and further reveals would have diminishing returns on that end and increased risk of narrowing scums hunt for PRs.

I wasn’t questioning why no one intuitively paused and/or came to the same conclusion before they revealed. I’m not questioning people who disagreed with the conclusion, because I see benefits to both strategies. I was questioning why they didn’t have anything to say about the LITERAL discussion that had already been brought up about that exact same thing, that occurred at a very conspicuous and noticeable point in the game.

This is a very good explanation and makes perfect sense. Yet, this game has been earmarked by people ignoring common sense and chasing shadows. Jvill is town. 

8 hours ago, Drums said:

Hey Ape, if CTM did it first, why is it a big deal for Jvill to do it? Serious question because that's how I looked at it.  

The reason I’m voting jville has nothing to do with Miller claims. It’s because he was “creating a wifom for scum” almost immediately after the game started.

To me, that seems like fake-townie grandstanding.

8 hours ago, Drums said:

Did you see anything interesting?

Nothing I want to over-index on. Sometimes the way folks dance around stuff doesn’t become evident until you come back and read after more info is known a few days into the game, anyway.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Drums said:

Did you actually answer Ape's question though? I'm interested too. Let's say you did have two votes, and 1 is on GS, where's the other one going? Why?

My vote was going to go to Jvill. 

6 hours ago, Drums said:

You've called 80 lazy but I think your vote on GS is lazy too

My vote on GS was originally BS d1 vote so yes it would appear lazy. The o ly reason I didn’t move it was his comment right before my post. .... stark is pingy but im going to vote JC. He only voted JC to run up the votes, I believe JC was  vote leader. 

9 hours ago, Drums said:

Unvote vote Stark

I have been reading and rereading the thread. I am going to move my vote over to Stark right now. Not because I think he is hiding but because his posts are only defensive for the most part except when he goes after Greenseed, who as of right now I think is noob town. I would like to see Stark vote someone else and why. 

I want to see what I can make of Ape and Jvill. I'm pretty much suspicious of everyone right now. Closest to town for me are CTM, Greenseed, and maybe 80 but that's not really saying much. 

9 hours ago, Drums said:

Oh, and if Stark is scum, he has shown he can blend in pretty well so right now I think it would be a good lynch. 

7 hours ago, Drums said:

Still want to see Stark vote someone else and say why but I think I'm okay moving my vote for now

unvote vote jvill

UNVOTE

VOTE DRUMS

Vote me because I’m hiding. I’m the same post you say you’re going to look at ape and jvill.  Then vote Jvill later. 

You were building in an “out” and a giving yourself a chance to move to jvill

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE

VOTE DRUMS

Vote me because I’m hiding. I’m the same post you say you’re going to look at ape and jvill.  Then vote Jvill later. 

He specifically said he’s voting you NOT because you’re hiding, but for the other reasons he stated. I agree with him.

Unvote vote stark

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE

VOTE DRUMS

Don't mind the vote but I don't get what the implication is here. What would be the benefit for scum to take this line instead of just going straight to jvill? Why did he need an "out"?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He specifically said he’s voting you NOT because you’re hiding, but for the other reasons he stated. I agree with him.

Unvote vote stark

Fair enough I misread that. Still keeping my vote. No matter if it is for hiding or not. Remove that sentence and the treat of the post is valid. 

Just now, Stark said:

Fair enough I misread that. Still keeping my vote. No matter if it is for hiding or not. Remove that sentence and the treat of the post is valid. 

Fair. Only voted you as a nut kick for missing that big a detail. Lol

Unvote

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Don't mind the vote but I don't get what the implication is here. What would be the benefit for scum to take this line instead of just going straight to jvill? Why did he need an "out"?

I’d like to see this answered.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Why vote someone for 1 hour amount midnight on a weekend just to move your vote. 

like seriously what’s the purpose there obviously was no one around posting except drums  

make a statement that you want me to move my vot and GS vote looked lazy. That’s fine. Then say your going to look at ape and jvill.  Why vote right there? You knew you were about to read over a part of the game that you probably had sus on 1 of them. After you read up then make a vote

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

This is a very good explanation and makes perfect sense. Yet, this game has been earmarked by people ignoring common sense and chasing shadows. Jvill is town. 

The only way jvill isnt town is if scum was told from the getgo town isnt all millers, which throws me back in the possible scum pile. No way uninformed scum counters miller like that.

That being said I felt our interaction was genuine, as soon as I saw his post I was legitimately concerned that because I could barely read the pm amd the openning post i might of missed a no reveal rule which is somewhat rare in these parts. (Only bad game designers like @Pac employee them to compensate for small brains. )

• Upvote 1

For an off-color crack town of rapers, robbers, and fiends there sure is a lot of patty-cake playing going on. 

Where I’m from, Day-One doesn’t take a whole week. Perhaps if the Townies could align their vote we could prevent scum from playing a shell game with theirs. 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Also willing to consolidate on stark for reasons stated earlier, his reaction was a bit out of character 

Barry's reaction odd too .

I think we need a dead body. Preferably a hairy one 

Yep, going back to my original hunch. 

unvote vote Stark

21 minutes ago, Stark said:

Why vote someone for 1 hour amount midnight on a weekend just to move your vote. 

like seriously what’s the purpose there obviously was no one around posting except drums  

make a statement that you want me to move my vot and GS vote looked lazy. That’s fine. Then say your going to look at ape and jvill.  Why vote right there? You knew you were about to read over a part of the game that you probably had sus on 1 of them. After you read up then make a vote

So your case on drums is that you don't like his order of operations?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, CTM said:

The only way jvill isnt town is if scum was told from the getgo town isnt all millers, which throws me back in the possible scum pile. No way uninformed scum counters miller like that.

That being said I felt our interaction was genuine, as soon as I saw his post I was legitimately concerned that because I could barely read the pm amd the openning post i might of missed a no reveal rule which is somewhat rare in these parts. (Only bad game designers like @Pac employee them to compensate for small brains. )

Had same exact thought about you. Unless you knew ahead of time you and Jvill's reveals are very solid and his defense rings true as well. Starting with mine that was technically the third one, but i honestly only read your post before I did it. Each one after me drastically increases the chance it's scum blending in.  People can argue that all day but it is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, CTM said:

Also willing to consolidate on stark for reasons stated earlier, his reaction was a bit out of character 

Barry's reaction odd too .

I think we need a dead body. Preferably a hairy one 

I could move back to Barry, I honestly have to read Stark. I like the end of the Miller reveals as a lynch pool. 

2 hours ago, Stark said:

I still don’t understand why it matters. Why not just keep my vote on jc and then move to jvill? I looked at you first and said what I said when I voted you. Still true. Now you said you’d vote jvill but after I made a bunch of posts about him, sussing him, you voted me instead. Still think he is scummy?

I didn’t know what I would find when looking at ape/jvill. I’m not psychic, didn’t know I would do it. Didn’t even know I’d spend two hours rereading the damn thread isoing all that.

I don’t understand what voting you would matter. You’re very defensive when what I said about you was actually true. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The reason I’m voting jville has nothing to do with Miller claims. It’s because he was “creating a wifom for scum” almost immediately after the game started.

To me, that seems like fake-townie grandstanding.

What I meant was CTM gave the wifom too about the powers but you took a greater issue with jvill. I was just trying to see the logic there

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Then name names or make a case. Sheesh. You preached Barry for a week without saying much. Help town out. 

7 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

A joke

This is what I’ve been confused about all game. I think I’ve asked you about it but that explanation (bold) finally makes sense. For now I think you’ve resolved the issues I brought up. 

For now... unvote 

2 hours ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE

VOTE DRUMS

I said I wanted to see you vote someone and say why and that person was me, the one who put pressure on you other than “you posted a photo” or “you were hiding” or “you didn’t join the discussion” when there was nothing to discuss.

Would love to hear your thoughts on some other people. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Had same exact thought about you. Unless you knew ahead of time you and Jvill's reveals are very solid and his defense rings true as well. Starting with mine that was technically the third one, but i honestly only read your post before I did it. Each one after me drastically increases the chance it's scum blending in.  People can argue that all day but it is what it is. 

Except you cannot prove they didn’t post as soon as they read CTM’s post (just like you “honestly” claim to have done) so that’s kinda garbage unless you just look at the ones that posted, then a little later claimed (as I pointed out with JETS last night, among others that have) and that you pointed out with Barry originally. 

• Upvote 1