Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the only player who hasn't yet submitted an LD post yet is @Stark.  JETS only did so after being prompted by Ape to do so.

Stark, JETS, Barry are my new top 3.

On 3/10/2021 at 9:26 AM, Stark said:

I don't think CTM has played a D1 in the last, well its been a while... very curious but the role reveal is a tough one to say is scummy. I have never seen a Miller in 4 years... also CTM ruins everything

I'm flattered that you would think I would like to discuss what appeared to be a mass miller reveal. 

pea brain.... If you didn't get that I am a Miller - Townie from that then look to the the bold

nice drinker... I like the small batch a little more but solid choice.

so this is somewhere in the neighborhood of 3-5 times you specifically mention me for this... 

fish splashing GIF

I am a Miller. I am Town. I am not 3rd Party. I am not Scum, I am not Mafia, I am not a Werwolf - I am just an average golfer a lover of bourbon, whiskey and tequila 

Stark also did the LD yesterday but from what I can tell, he was after Jif and before JETS and GSeed.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, I don’t want to discuss it more. I think your explanation was trash. That’s why you’re instead deflecting to counter interrogation. 

So, yes. I am refusing to answer it, because it’s not pertinent to the case I made. It’s just a distraction, which feels like the goal for you here.

Yiure the one that’s persisting with this. I’m good, as I’ve said.

I didn’t realize you were above questioning that isn’t pertinent to whatever theories you’re currently espousing.

You said you thought it was perfectly clear. Should be easy enough to answer and avoid any distraction if that was the case. Your refusal to answer a simple question is IMO much more distracting.

But yeah at this point it is distracting. You have it in your power to clear that up, but maybe it’s just me who wants the answer so I’ll drop it for now.

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

That’s so lazy. Others would get torched and speed lynched for this response. 

I’m merely asking questions. 

In my opinion, the “why me” tact comes across scummy. Like you’re scum, asking for material to attack. Same as what jville is doing.

Not scum hunting, rather playefcyo deflect and defend. So, when folks vote you and don’t explain - it triggers scum to ask why, so they can undermine it.

Just doesn’t feel townie.

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I didn’t realize you were above questioning that isn’t pertinent to whatever theories you’re currently espousing.

You said you thought it was perfectly clear. Should be easy enough to answer and avoid any distraction if that was the case. Your refusal to answer a simple question is IMO much more distracting.

But yeah at this point it is distracting. You have it in your power to clear that up, but maybe it’s just me who wants the answer so I’ll drop it for now.

I have one response refusing to answer. One response isn’t a distraction. I don’t need to clear anything up, because I don’t even think you want a real answer.

You’ve offered several responses trying to refocus this on me and a fringe question. That is a distraction. A distraction you’ve created. 

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

In my opinion, the “why me” tact comes across scummy. Like you’re scum, asking for material to attack. Same as what jville is doing.

Not scum hunting, rather playefcyo deflect and defend. So, when folks vote you and don’t explain - it triggers scum to ask why, so they can undermine it.

Just doesn’t feel townie.

Wanting to know why someone is voting you isn’t scummy. The response that somebody has to be scum is far worse than me asking the question. I get it’s day 1 and there’s not much to go on but if you’re going to vote someone have something to back it up. 

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I have one response refusing to answer. One response isn’t a distraction. I don’t need to clear anything up, because I don’t even think you want a real answer.

You’ve offered several responses trying to refocus this on me and a fringe question. That is a distraction. A distraction you’ve created. 

And here you keep going. Lying about the amount of times you’ve refused to answer to ensure I respond, or because you can’t count to 3?

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, and your god damn right I am. **** around and find out.

Vote Ape

21 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Unvote

I mean, we all saw this coming.

Start with the deflection. End with the vote switch.

9 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

And here you keep going. Lying about the amount of times you’ve refused to answer to ensure I respond, or because you can’t count to 3?

Vote Ape

What you’re doing... It’s readily transparent.

Let’s set facts straight.

1. I explained my vote on you is for the wifom you say you created for scum about 10 posts into the game.

2. You ask about a series of posts about ctm + why I never mentioned the wifom.

3. I answer the part about the wifom very clearly. I acknowledge the part about ctm, citing it as irrelevant and a deflection.

4. You ask me several more times. I refer back to you deflecting.

5. You predictably vote me and say I’m lying about how many times I refused to answer you, which is a semantic argument at best.

Why would I “lie” about something completely benign? That’s right here in the thread.

My take: you are rattled scum grasping at straws.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I also found the case on Stark to be intriguing.  The one where he didn't argue to slow play things.  Speaking of which, haven't seen him around in a while.

In other words, @Drums, based on the order in which Millers claimed, I'd be most willing to lynch from the pool below today, + Stark:

1. CTM
  2. jvill
  3. Crusher
  4. JC
  5. Greenseed
  6. Stark
  7. JiF
  8. Ape
  9. 80
  10. JETS
  11. Drums
  12. Barry

Just for reference, there were already 9 reveals before yours, JETS. 

24 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Wanting to know why someone is voting you isn’t scummy. The response that somebody has to be scum is far worse than me asking the question. I get it’s day 1 and there’s not much to go on but if you’re going to vote someone have something to back it up. 

Nah, I don’t think you always have to back it up. Sometimes it’s just a guy call.

Hence my point, if town guy gets it right, scum often wants to know what they have to defend. Your post came across that way.

Thats the impression I got.

15 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Is there a term for if scum votes for scum and then immediately unvotes?

Distancing is sorta hen pecking at your own scum mate, with suspect comments and non-committal votes.

Bussing is going all in against them.

The terms are interchangeable. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nah, I don’t think you always have to back it up. Sometimes it’s just a guy call.

Hence my point, if town guy gets it right, scum often wants to know what they have to defend. Your post came across that way.

Thats the impression I got.

Why everything got to be all talking  lately? Like DM, gotta make a case and have it notarized. Whatever happen to good old fashion reaction testing? Lost art I tell you.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, we all saw this coming.

Start with the deflection. End with the vote switch.

What you’re doing... It’s readily transparent.

Let’s set facts straight.

1. I explained my vote on you is for the wifom you say you created for scum about 10 posts into the game.

2. You ask about a series of posts about ctm + why I never mentioned the wifom.

3. I answer the part about the wifom very clearly. I acknowledge the part about ctm, citing it as irrelevant and a deflection.

4. You ask me several more times. I refer back to you deflecting.

5. You predictably vote me and say I’m lying about how many times I refused to answer you, which is a semantic argument at best.

Why would I “lie” about something completely benign? That’s right here in the thread.

My take: you are rattled scum grasping at straws.

Cool, here’s my take:

You are the only vote on me. Your case was weak, specifically because you say it was based on me being a newbie who wouldn’t think/care about creating WIFOM for scum, except for the fact that a veteran like 3 posts before me did the same thing. Also odd that you misstated the number of miller claims that were made at that time, but I couldn’t discern a purpose for that. In short, your case was sh*t, and I highly doubt anyone would have followed it, despite your nudging of JC to do so. I could have very easily left it alone if scum and moved on to other things gaining more traction. Despite your high opinion of yourself, there was zero need for me to deflect from that.

But as I’m town, I’m not going to shy away from glaringly inconsistent play and poor reasoning just because you’re voting for me and it might cause a dust up. Your take on CTM did a complete 180, and your new stance, that there was zero to take away from CTM being the first claim, was a shift from earlier in the game where you were in complete agreement with me that while it definitely didn’t clear him, it did make his reveal the least suspect. You also accompanied your new theory with a second theory that rookies might use what was your original take on CTM for nefarious purposes. This seemed like narrative setting, and I asked you to explain how the two seemingly different takes you made make sense with one another. Maybe there was an explanation I wasn’t seeing.

Your refusal to answer honestly surprised me, especially considering you stated the explanation was very clear. You could have just answered the question with the clear answer, and also made your point that you thought this was just a deflection from your case on me. But you didn’t do that, making a point to not provide the obvious answer and redirecting to your case to me which I never cited.

Now my interest is piqued, which maybe was your intent, although at the time I thought you just didn’t have a good answer for it. Your refusal to answer a question about a change in one narrative brought to mind a change in another, the reason you voted for me, which you brought up unprompted. I asked why you didn’t bring up this WIFOM reasoning yesterday when you voted me, because your vote for me yesterday immediately followed your endorsement of Barry’s case against me. Frankly, I begin to think you’re completely fabricating this new reason to vote for me because the last one didn’t gain any traction. Or maybe now you’re digging back into the game and you actually are biting on the WIFOM and are role fishing.

You answer the second question about why you didn’t bring it up yesterday, but your answer there is weak too. More concerning, you again you refuse to answer the first question, the one with the simple answer, and accuse me of using it to create a distraction. Again, I think at this point the biggest distraction here is you refusing to answer. If you truly think I’m scum, present the clear answer and then bring the focus back to your case against me. Instead you keep up this song and dance.

At this point, I’m thinking this is your plan. Get me to keep asking, you get to keep saying I’m deflecting from a case that I’ve already addressed and that has received zero support or comment from anyone else. So I leave the ball in your court and see what you do with it. Maybe I’m just tunneling and no one else cares anyway, if they do they can bring it up. If you truly think its a distraction that should be the end of it..

But nope. You keep it going, this time with the laughable claim that you only refused to answer once, I believe trying to draw me into responding.

So yeah, now I’m voting you. Your case on me sucked, you’ve flip flopped on CTM I believe now to push a new narrative, I believe you flip flopped on your case on me and retconned a new reasoning or were role fishing, you’ve refused to answer a simple question multiple times either because you know you don’t have a good answer or you could use it to get me to keep asking and create a distraction, and you kept pushing that distraction even when I tried to end it.

I feel good about my vote.

2 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Plenty of reasons have been given by multiple players now.  A rush to get to night was good enough. There were more that I pointed out. And you’re doing your best now to tack on more reasons. 

26 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Cool, here’s my take:

You are the only vote on me. Your case was weak, specifically because you say it was based on me being a newbie who wouldn’t think/care about creating WIFOM for scum, except for the fact that a veteran like 3 posts before me did the same thing. Also odd that you misstated the number of miller claims that were made at that time, but I couldn’t discern a purpose for that. In short, your case was sh*t, and I highly doubt anyone would have followed it, despite your nudging of JC to do so. I could have very easily left it alone if scum and moved on to other things gaining more traction. Despite your high opinion of yourself, there was zero need for me to deflect from that.

But as I’m town, I’m not going to shy away from glaringly inconsistent play and poor reasoning just because you’re voting for me and it might cause a dust up. Your take on CTM did a complete 180, and your new stance, that there was zero to take away from CTM being the first claim, was a shift from earlier in the game where you were in complete agreement with me that while it definitely didn’t clear him, it did make his reveal the least suspect. You also accompanied your new theory with a second theory that rookies might use what was your original take on CTM for nefarious purposes. This seemed like narrative setting, and I asked you to explain how the two seemingly different takes you made make sense with one another. Maybe there was an explanation I wasn’t seeing.

Your refusal to answer honestly surprised me, especially considering you stated the explanation was very clear. You could have just answered the question with the clear answer, and also made your point that you thought this was just a deflection from your case on me. But you didn’t do that, making a point to not provide the obvious answer and redirecting to your case to me which I never cited.

Now my interest is piqued, which maybe was your intent, although at the time I thought you just didn’t have a good answer for it. Your refusal to answer a question about a change in one narrative brought to mind a change in another, the reason you voted for me, which you brought up unprompted. I asked why you didn’t bring up this WIFOM reasoning yesterday when you voted me, because your vote for me yesterday immediately followed your endorsement of Barry’s case against me. Frankly, I begin to think you’re completely fabricating this new reason to vote for me because the last one didn’t gain any traction. Or maybe now you’re digging back into the game and you actually are biting on the WIFOM and are role fishing.

You answer the second question about why you didn’t bring it up yesterday, but your answer there is weak too. More concerning, you again you refuse to answer the first question, the one with the simple answer, and accuse me of using it to create a distraction. Again, I think at this point the biggest distraction here is you refusing to answer. If you truly think I’m scum, present the clear answer and then bring the focus back to your case against me. Instead you keep up this song and dance.

At this point, I’m thinking this is your plan. Get me to keep asking, you get to keep saying I’m deflecting from a case that I’ve already addressed and that has received zero support or comment from anyone else. So I leave the ball in your court and see what you do with it. Maybe I’m just tunneling and no one else cares anyway, if they do they can bring it up. If you truly think its a distraction that should be the end of it..

But nope. You keep it going, this time with the laughable claim that you only refused to answer once, I believe trying to draw me into responding.

So yeah, now I’m voting you. Your case on me sucked, you’ve flip flopped on CTM I believe now to push a new narrative, I believe you flip flopped on your case on me and retconned a new reasoning or were role fishing, you’ve refused to answer a simple question multiple times either because you know you don’t have a good answer or you could use it to get me to keep asking and create a distraction, and you kept pushing that distraction even when I tried to end it.

I feel good about my vote.

Holy sh*t, a whole book of a post when you could have left it at “Ape dead yet?”  And called it a day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Opposite intent.  Me saying “We’re all millers” = don’t give scum anything. But if you’re scum certainly show your a$$.  

To elaborate further on this response to jvill, just in case he had it in mind to write another essay:  Keep in mind I pointed out that a rush to get to night would probably be more likely to be scum-motivated than town power role-motivated.  

Even town PRs tend to see the merits of patience. Scum that’s been boxed into a corner by a game that got going quickly and forced their hand a bit is one where scum is just hoping to limp into night with their team intact. So, yes, a rush to get to night tells me JETS is more likely to be scum than town PR.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To elaborate further on this response to jvill, just in case he had it in mind to write another essay:  Keep in mind I pointed out that a rush to get to night would probably be more likely to be scum-motivated than town power role-motivated.  

Even town PRs tend to see the merits of patience. Scum that’s been boxed into a corner by a game that got going quickly and forced their hand a bit is one where scum is just hoping to limp into night with their team intact. So, yes, a rush to get to night tells me JETS is more likely to be scum than town PR.

You were next on my list, good call

• Haha 1