Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Are you? How come when I was casing him you were cutting me down left and right? 

I was leaning you as scum but felt better about Barry today. Go ISO me. I voted him while you were hopping over to JETS biatch

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I was leaning you as scum but felt better about Barry today. Go ISO me. I voted him while you were hopping over to JETS biatch

“Look I voted Barry! When you didn’t!”

Spoken like scum that has a mental record of bud votes and votes changes that will make a townie look bad. 

So, you basically know he’s scum then? Seems like it.

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No, I’m the captains first Mate I’m town. If he’s the captain then my assumption unless we hit another captain in this game or he’s lying he’s likely town 

5 hours ago, Drums said:

@Greenseed4 you mentioned Crusher using some lingo you recognized. What are your thoughts?

@Greenseed4

Dusk begins to descend upon Drakken Cove after a particularly long and stressful day. Pirate crews were beginning to scramble to re-stock their ships with food, gunpowder, and ordinance for their cannons, and were working frantically to repair any holes in the hulls, or tears in the sails, just to make sure their ships were ready for a long excursion at sea. Nobody wanted to stay in port for longer than they needed to. The criminal gangs that lived in and around Drakken Cove, on the the other hand, have begun locking their own organizations down tight, limiting operations to either daylight hours only, or out of town entirely. Nobody wanted to walk the streets at night if they didn't need to.

Just after 6pm, a few well known faces around town were gathered and conversing outside the local tavern when one of them noticed a figure that caught his eye.

"Hey, who is that?"

The other faces turn and notice the cloaked man, about 20 or so yards away, walking down the street and away from them.

"I don't know," someone said, "but where's he going by himself this time of night?"

"He's headed towards butcher alley," another said, with an ominous tone.

"No one goes there, especially not after..." the first man trails off in thought, before turning to face the others with a grim look.

"Go get the constable!"

He then races off towards the mystery figure, while two of the other men race of to find the constable, probably finishing up his evening patrol over at the docks. A fourth man, not wanting to be left alone, but also not having any money with which to spend inside the tavern, decides to join in the chase of the mystery man.

The two pursers reach the street where the man was seen walking, and scour the nearby alleyways and doorways, fighting against the dwindling light, trying to get a glimpse of the man.

"There!" the second man says, pointing down the street to a connecting side path.

They race down and burst into the narrow passageway. A dead end.

But they see nothing. No one.

Outside the bustle and light of the tavern, the first man felt brave, but now in this dark and confined space, his fear claws its way up to the surface of his skin. A sidelong glance at his comrade confirms that he is not alone in his trepidation.

"Just think what they'll do for us when we catch him. Sid will let us drink for free for a month," the first man wonders aloud, not sure if trying to convince his friend, or himself.

"And the women..." the second man adds.

And with that, they found their courage, and begin treading quietly through the alley, looking in every nook and cranny, and checking inside each barrel, ready to spring back at a moment's notice should a knife wielding maniac jump forth.

After a few moments of finding nothing, and thinking they must've been given the slip, a slight shuffle from up high gets their attention just before a muddy boot shoots out of the darkness and cracking one of the men in the face and knocking him down. Another quick flash of movement and a knife slashes across the second man's arm.

"Ah, he got me, the bastard!"

Rather than finish off the stunned men, the figure flees into a doorway leading into an abandoned building.

"Ha, he's got no way out now!" the first man says, standing up and wiping the boot muck from his face.

Just then the two hear a commotion in the streets as a crowd has formed around constable Tiggins and is headed their way.

"We've got him! He's over here."

"Move aside, move aside!" Tiggins commands, pushing his way through the crowd into the narrow alleyway.

The two men direct Tiggins to the door where the cloaked man disappeared behind. It's a solid wooden door, barricaded from the other side.

"Step back," Tiggins says, as he readies himself and then rams his shoulder into the doorway. A loud "thud" is all that gives, as the door holds steady.

"Allow me," says a voice from the crowd, as a large man steps forward from the mob. Standing in front of the door and leaning slightly back, he gives one, swift kick and shatters the door instantly, raining shrapnel back at the crowd.

The constable nods and, grabbing a torch from one of the mob in his left hand, and drawing his pistol with his right, he leads the way inside. Every room they find is empty, save for a few rats, broken bottles, and empty crates, until they come to a long corridor with a door at the end. This door, though, is slightly ajar. Constable Tiggins leads the way, his heart racing, wondering if his single-shot pistol is the best weapon against a knife in this cramped corridor. But he has no time to consider, as the mob behind him surges and pushes him forward without pause. Coming to the door he kicks it open, and readies his gun, finger already hugging the trigger.

But his finger releases its grip.

Inside the room, on the floor against the back wall, is the mysterious, cloaked man. A bloody knife lay beside his lifeless hand. A deep cut stretches across his throat. And, on the wall behind him, above his head, written in blood -- his own -- the phrase "You won't take me".

Constable Tiggins doesn't even notice that yet. His sight is still locked on the man's face. His eyes are empty, and yet somehow still focused. Focused directly on the doorway. Focused on the constable, even -- or so it seems to him. Almost as if the man were waiting to meet the eyes of the first person who came through the door -- waiting, with a smirk still on his face.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Barry -- Cedrick Benton – Even Night Serial Killer is dead.

It is now Night. You have 24 hours to submit any night actions.

Jack the Ripper baby! Good job town and great scene Spoot. 

PS. Suck it, Ape

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Good post. Interesting points about CTM kinda avoiding answering the Q

what questions? I've been consistant on points #1 and #2 and added Jets due to inactivity

Ape #1

Barry #2

JETS = inactivity

17 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Dusk begins to descend upon Drakken Cove after a particularly long and stressful day. Pirate crews were beginning to scramble to re-stock their ships with food, gunpowder, and ordinance for their cannons, and were working frantically to repair any holes in the hulls, or tears in the sails, just to make sure their ships were ready for a long excursion at sea. Nobody wanted to stay in port for longer than they needed to. The criminal gangs that lived in and around Drakken Cove, on the the other hand, have begun locking their own organizations down tight, limiting operations to either daylight hours only, or out of town entirely. Nobody wanted to walk the streets at night if they didn't need to.

Just after 6pm, a few well known faces around town were gathered and conversing outside the local tavern when one of them noticed a figure that caught his eye.

"Hey, who is that?"

The other faces turn and notice the cloaked man, about 20 or so yards away, walking down the street and away from them.

"I don't know," someone said, "but where's he going by himself this time of night?"

"He's headed towards butcher alley," another said, with an ominous tone.

"No one goes there, especially not after..." the first man trails off in thought, before turning to face the others with a grim look.

"Go get the constable!"

He then races off towards the mystery figure, while two of the other men race of to find the constable, probably finishing up his evening patrol over at the docks. A fourth man, not wanting to be left alone, but also not having any money with which to spend inside the tavern, decides to join in the chase of the mystery man.

The two pursers reach the street where the man was seen walking, and scour the nearby alleyways and doorways, fighting against the dwindling light, trying to get a glimpse of the man.

"There!" the second man says, pointing down the street to a connecting side path.

They race down and burst into the narrow passageway. A dead end.

But they see nothing. No one.

Outside the bustle and light of the tavern, the first man felt brave, but now in this dark and confined space, his fear claws its way up to the surface of his skin. A sidelong glance at his comrade confirms that he is not alone in his trepidation.

"Just think what they'll do for us when we catch him. Sid will let us drink for free for a month," the first man wonders aloud, not sure if trying to convince his friend, or himself.

"And the women..." the second man adds.

And with that, they found their courage, and begin treading quietly through the alley, looking in every nook and cranny, and checking inside each barrel, ready to spring back at a moment's notice should a knife wielding maniac jump forth.

After a few moments of finding nothing, and thinking they must've been given the slip, a slight shuffle from up high gets their attention just before a muddy boot shoots out of the darkness and cracking one of the men in the face and knocking him down. Another quick flash of movement and a knife slashes across the second man's arm.

"Ah, he got me, the bastard!"

Rather than finish off the stunned men, the figure flees into a doorway leading into an abandoned building.

"Ha, he's got no way out now!" the first man says, standing up and wiping the boot muck from his face.

Just then the two hear a commotion in the streets as a crowd has formed around constable Tiggins and is headed their way.

"We've got him! He's over here."

"Move aside, move aside!" Tiggins commands, pushing his way through the crowd into the narrow alleyway.

The two men direct Tiggins to the door where the cloaked man disappeared behind. It's a solid wooden door, barricaded from the other side.

"Step back," Tiggins says, as he readies himself and then rams his shoulder into the doorway. A loud "thud" is all that gives, as the door holds steady.

"Allow me," says a voice from the crowd, as a large man steps forward from the mob. Standing in front of the door and leaning slightly back, he gives one, swift kick and shatters the door instantly, raining shrapnel back at the crowd.

The constable nods and, grabbing a torch from one of the mob in his left hand, and drawing his pistol with his right, he leads the way inside. Every room they find is empty, save for a few rats, broken bottles, and empty crates, until they come to a long corridor with a door at the end. This door, though, is slightly ajar. Constable Tiggins leads the way, his heart racing, wondering if his single-shot pistol is the best weapon against a knife in this cramped corridor. But he has no time to consider, as the mob behind him surges and pushes him forward without pause. Coming to the door he kicks it open, and readies his gun, finger already hugging the trigger.

But his finger releases its grip.

Inside the room, on the floor against the back wall, is the mysterious, cloaked man. A bloody knife lay beside his lifeless hand. A deep cut stretches across his throat. And, on the wall behind him, above his head, written in blood -- his own -- the phrase "You won't take me".

Constable Tiggins doesn't even notice that yet. His sight is still locked on the man's face. His eyes are empty, and yet somehow still focused. Focused directly on the doorway. Focused on the constable, even -- or so it seems to him. Almost as if the man were waiting to meet the eyes of the first person who came through the door -- waiting, with a smirk still on his face.

too late to read all this lol

bookmark for tomorrow

17 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Barry -- Cedrick Benton – Even Night Serial Killer is dead.

It is now Night. You have 24 hours to submit any night actions.

noice, explains the miller claim thing

this means SK didn't know

which means Scum shouldn't know either

need to look at the Miller claims again imo

39 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I definitely quoted at least one. 

Ok, I see one post you quoted from GS.  That doesn’t look like much of a re-read to me.  

You said you were going to ISO the people on the Stark train, so I was expecting more than that.  I don’t know why you’d say you’re going to ISO and then get annoyed when we ask for your results. 

On 3/9/2021 at 7:35 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Laugh Lol GIF by SWR3

jets posted 2 times before coming back 5 hours later to lay his claim with an excuse.. not a great look

On 3/9/2021 at 7:36 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I'm back bitches. Don't even bother trying to kill me because I'll be back.

On 3/9/2021 at 12:14 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Ok since everyone is revealing I'm also a Miller. Thought we were keeping quiet about it to protect the cop though.

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

he's a big stupid animal.. we should kill him

Either stupid or scum. Really needs to not say every little theory that pops in his head because he thinks he is smarter than he is. Trying to paint me as scum then Barry flips SK. Knew he was off. Looking forward to how he spins that now. Dickhead. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

my first reaction lol..

we need moar dead bodies (preferrably hairy ones)

I really thought he’d flip scum, and the every other night vig claim was just convenient.  And if he was really the vig at least it could probably be an informative lynch.  

But an SK flip?  Yeah, I’m having regrets now.  Woulda been more fun for him to live to kill tonight.  Hopefully it can still end up being informative.