When is enough, enough Mr. Vinatieri?

Garb

Interesting tid-bit on Adamn Vinatieri from Tuna:

PARCELLS ON VINATIERI: Cowboys coach Bill Parcells acknowledged in an interview with the Star-Telegram in Texas that his team might be in the market for a new kicker. But when the subject of potential free agent Adam Vinatieri was brought up, Parcells had an interesting answer: "If he's smart he'll stay [in New England]. He'd be Bobby Orr and Carl Yastrzemski and John Havlicek. That guy's done a lot."

So, Adam is currently the highest paid Kicker in the league, correct? So, he wants to what? Increase his pay.....well, good for you, Adam. But, you have to wonder, when is it enough? He's the highest paid kicker in the game - he's a semi-God in Boston- but he wants 1 mil more.

Guess it's not enough.

Anyway, Thank you Adam! Good luck.

PARCELLS ON VINATIERI: Cowboys coach Bill Parcells acknowledged in an interview with the Star-Telegram in Texas that his team might be in the market for a new kicker. But when the subject of potential free agent Adam Vinatieri was brought up, Parcells had an interesting answer: "If he's smart he'll stay [in New England]. He'd be Bobby Orr and Carl Yastrzemski and John Havlicek. That guy's done a lot."

So, Adam is currently the highest paid Kicker in the league, correct? So, he wants to what? Increase his pay.....well, good for you, Adam. But, you have to wonder, when is it enough? He's the highest paid kicker in the game - he's a semi-God in Boston- but he wants 1 mil more.

Guess it's not enough.

You can't be mad the guy wants a shot to win another Super Bowl ring. He obviously won't get that in NE.

Guess it's not enough.

The Pats should just cut his greedy a**.

Mavrik, if the Pats franchised him, his salary would have been $3.1 mil per year.

His salary last year was 20% less then that.

personally, i don't think any kicker is worth 3 mil a year. And all he's doing is setting himself up to get cut a few years down the road even if the Pats bite. Pats will come across a salary cap cutting situation and his ass will be gone anyways.

The Pats should just cut his greedy a**.

Mavrik, if the Pats franchised him, his salary would have been $3.1 mil per year.

His salary last year was 20% less then that.

I haven't heard where he has asked for more money.

The only news released was the Pats would not Franchise Tag him.

His agent is asking for more cash.....sorry for the confusion :rolleyes:

I don't blame the guy for wanting more money if that is his thing. However, personally, I'd take 1.5+ , stay with a competitive team and live in an area I call home, than to take off for 1 mil more, to a "possibly competitive team" and to a town that I have no super-hero status with. Perhaps I'm a simple girl - but after accumulating great wealth (like Adam has) me and my significant others (spouse-family-kids-freinds) happiness means more. 1 million doesn't neccesarily buy you happiness...or so I hear. I would not know. I'm not a multi-millionaire. ;)

He's agent is asking for more cash.....sorry for the confusion :rolleyes:

I don't blame the guy for wanting more money is that is his thing. However, personally, I'd take 1.5+ , stay with a competitive team and live in an area I call home then to take off for 1 mil more, to a "possibly competitive team" and to a town that I have no super-hero status with. Perhaps I'm a simple girl - but after accumulating great wealth (like Adam has) me and my significant others (spouse-family-kids-freinds) happiness means more. 1 million doesn't neccesarily buy you happiness...or so I hear. I would not know. I'm not a multi-millionaire. ;)

Listen, I understand wanting loyalty, but this is a roothless business.

-teams are not loyal to players

-salaries, for the most part are not guaranteed.

-the earning years are relatively short

For someone to want to get as much as he can, while he can, I can't quibble with. A million dollars is not a lot of money.

His agent is asking for more cash.....sorry for the confusion :rolleyes:

I don't blame the guy for wanting more money if that is his thing. However, personally, I'd take 1.5+ , stay with a competitive team and live in an area I call home, than to take off for 1 mil more, to a "possibly competitive team" and to a town that I have no super-hero status with. Perhaps I'm a simple girl - but after accumulating great wealth (like Adam has) me and my significant others (spouse-family-kids-freinds) happiness means more. 1 million doesn't neccesarily buy you happiness...or so I hear. I would not know. I'm not a multi-millionaire. ;)

Garb I hear you. If you want to know what it is like to have that much money just send an email to:

dickkotite@jetnation.com

He will answer all your questions.

Just out of curiosity, what can he buy with the "semi god" status that "Banza has bestowed on him?

Take the money and run, AV. Those NE bitches owe you a lot more than you owe them.

Im pretty sure if NE drafts a kicker TX has to kill himself.

Just out of curiosity, what can he buy with the "semi god" status that "Banza has bestowed on him?

Take the money and run, AV. Those NE bitches owe you a lot more than you owe them.

Semi God status buys you:

Free drinks, free food, free parking, immediate restaurant seating, endorsement deals, stuff like that.

Actually, I always found that wrong. Adam can afford Mortons more than I can.....yet, he gets complimentary drinks and dessert. I remember driving to Fenway a while back and in front of me was none other than Roger Clemens. He sometimes chose to park in the garage than in the player lot. Anyway, he just drove through- gave the guard a smile and drove on to find a spot. Me? $15-20.00 (I don't remember). Now I'm not going to complain about a measly $20 - but $20.00 to Roger is the same as ten cents.

Free drinks, free food, free parking, immediate restaurant seating, endorsement deals, stuff like that.

Actually, I always found that wrong. Adam can afford Mortons more than I can.....yet, he gets complimentary drinks and dessert. I remember driving to Fenway a while back and in front of me was none other than Roger Clemens. He sometimes chose to park in the garage than in the player lot. Anyway, he just drove through- gave the guard a smile and drove on to find a spot. Me? $15-20.00 (I don't remember). Now I'm not going to complain about a measly $20 - but $20.00 to Roger is the same as ten cents to me.

Hmmmm, another million dollars and a long term deal, or free dessert, parking and drinks.

Decisions, decisions.

Actually, I always found that wrong. Adam can afford Mortons more than I can.....yet, he gets complimentary drinks and dessert. I remember driving to Fenway a while back and in front of me was none other than Roger Clemens. He sometimes chose to park in the garage than in the player lot. Anyway, he just drove through- gave the guard a smile and drove on to find a spot. Me? $15-20.00 (I don't remember). Now I'm not going to complain about a measly $20 - but $20.00 to Roger is the same as ten cents.

Actually, 'Banza, I agree with you about the special treatment all sorts of celebrities get. They've got all the cash, but people fall all over themselves to throw free stuff at them.

Listen, the guy has won 3 rings...what's in it for him now? Money! I can't say I blame him because he has nothing to lose right now.

Guarrenteed if the Pats hadn't won anything, this wouldn't be a money issue...he would be comfortable as ****.

Guess it's not enough.

Patriots | Vinatieri would have accepted franchise tag

Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:41:42 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports New England Patriots PK Adam Vinatieri would have been willing to accept the franchise tag and a one-year, $3.01 million contract, according to a source close to Vinatieri.

Yea...Blame Adam.

I'll tell you what. If Doug Brien had been kicking those kicks:

A. You would've never beaten Oakland in the 01 playoffs

B. You would've never had the chance against St.Louis

and

C. No chance in hell does Brien make the kick against Carolina...he'd be 10 yards short!

Paying a kicker 3+ mil a year is crazy. That money is better spent elsewhere. Did you see the Pats secondary last year? They have age issues at LB. They have an RB that could be spent. They may lose two starting O-lineman. Not to mention that Seymour is in the last year of his contract and WILL be looking for huge dollars.

The Pats offered Adam a multi-year 2.something a year deal. His agent said "no." Seriously, as much as good football, talented players, good coaching, smart play-calling, etc wins a team games - in this age of the NFL - good money management is just as important.

So the Pats should just bow down and franchise a friggn' kicker for $3.1 mil a year?:eek:

Yes, I do blame AV for being unreasonable.

I'd say "stupid" before I'd ever say "unreasonable." If you're considering his contribution to that team and not the payscale for kickers league-wide, AV deserves every penny.

Where he misses is that his endorsement deals survive his contract. He could be pimping Papa Ginos and Fords until he's old and grey - something he wouldn't get in any other town, and something he won't be likely to get if he leaves for another team. We hear about how a player's career is only so long, so he has to suck as much out as he can when free agency arrives. This is one of the exceptions. His career in NE will go on for 30 more years if he just doesn't leave.

Paying a kicker 3+ mil a year is crazy. That money is better spent elsewhere. Did you see the Pats secondary last year? They have age issues at LB. They have an RB that could be spent. They may lose two starting O-lineman. Not to mention that Seymour is in the last year of his contract and WILL be looking for huge dollars.

The Pats offered Adam a multi-year 2.something a year deal. His agent said "no." Seriously, as much as good football, talented players, good coaching, smart play-calling, etc wins a team games - in this age of the NFL - good money management is just as important.

There was no signing bonus and no guaranteed money in that offer.

The PATS said that with a CBA they would revise the terms.

There was no signing bonus and no guaranteed money in that offer.

The PATS said that with a CBA they would revise the terms.

Patriots | Vinatieri offer contained no signing bonus or guaranteed money

Sat, 4 Mar 2006 06:47:21 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports the offer the New England Patriots gave PK Adam Vinatieri to remain with the team contained no signing bonus or guaranteed money, although it would have maintained his perch as the highest paid kicker in the game. In an interview on ESPN Radio yesterday, Vinatieri reiterated that he was looking forward to being a true free agent.

Patriots | Vinatieri offer contained no signing bonus or guaranteed money

Sat, 4 Mar 2006 06:47:21 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports the offer the New England Patriots gave PK Adam Vinatieri to remain with the team contained no signing bonus or guaranteed money, although it would have maintained his perch as the highest paid kicker in the game. In an interview on ESPN Radio yesterday, Vinatieri reiterated that he was looking forward to being a true free agent.

Holla, enjoy kicking for a meciocre team somewhere Adam.

Archived