Isn't it obvious? Jets must once again pick high tonight to get another offensive guard/center.

Alka

We picked Tucker to remove Lewis from the left guard position.  The Jets must now replace Van Roten at right guard.  Both contributed to a horrible offensive line last year.

Either get a center and move McGovern to guard, or McGovern at guard and get yourself a starting center.

I think it's that simple.  More important than cornerback, getting another wide receiver, running back, etc...

You MUST protect your new investment at the quarterback position.  It is common sense.  

I now believe that Joe Douglas has a lot of that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Yeah let’s only ever pick offensive linemen, good lord 

Yeah I think fans are getting a bit crazy with the oline ?.  I’m a big supporter of building the oline which we have been doing these past two years We drafted Becton and Clark last year. We drafted ticket this year.  We also ha e other needs 

• Upvote 2

Or Telvin Jenkins @ RT with Becton and Vera-Tucker protecting the kids blind side @ LT/LG.

With Telvin Jenkins protecting his outside from the right side. Telvin has Franchise LT ability. He'll become a top 5 NFL RT over night. 

A trio of Mekhi Becton/Vera-Tucker/Telvin Jenkins becomes the NFLs next O-Line version of Dallas and for the next 10+ years we'll feature an up and coming too 1-5 O-Line under JD (over night). 

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

We are gonna have like 40 dudes competing for the other guard spot. We can also draft one later. The line just needs a few players for a foundation and the rest is chemistry. 

Yeah, we've had like 40 dudes competing in the past, and how did that work out?

40 garbage low draft picks that never worked out, that's how it worked out.  

Then we sign throw aways and over the hill players from other teams.  How did that work out?

I'll tell you how it worked out.  The Jets had the worst offensive line in football last year.  That's how it worked out.

Just now, Alka said:

Yeah, we've had like 40 dudes competing in the past, and how did that work out?

40 garbage low draft picks that never worked out, that's how it worked out.  

Then we sign throw aways and over the hill players from other teams.  How did that work out?

I'll tell you how it worked out.  The Jets had the worst offensive line in football last year.  That's how it worked out.

Yes we had 40 guys competing for most of the spots, not one.

10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah I think fans are getting a bit crazy with the oline ?.  I’m a big supporter of building the oline which we have been doing these past two years We drafted Becton and Clark last year. We drafted ticket this year.  We also ha e other needs 

Exactly, we still have Cameron Clark and Chuma Edoga, the latter especially suited to a more athletic zone blocking system we are now running. Sure he’s struggled with injuries but he’s talented and with a new coaching staff we have to give these young, recently drafted guys a shot.

19 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Yeah let’s only ever pick offensive linemen, good lord 

Oh yeah, our 15 OL draftees the last 2 years are a bit too much. 

Did you know we’ve picked 5 OL in the last 15 years (since Brick n Mangold) in the first 3 rounds, including Tucker?

Tucker, Becton, Edoga, Winters and Ducasse  

Yeah, let’s only ever pick OL. Good lord. 

2 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Oh yeah, our 15 OL draftees the last 2 years are a bit too much. 

Did you know we’ve picked 5 OL in the last 15 years (since Brick n Mangold) in the first 3 rounds, including Tucker?

Tucker, Becton, Edoga, Winters and Ducasse  

Yeah, let’s only ever pick OL. Good lord. 

Good thing Joe Douglas gets it...we picked a WR...as we should have

You go Jenkins and you triple dip the OL in the 4th round in hopes of finding an upgrade over McGovern. With a solid OL, even my dead grandma can average 4 ypc from the grave. Solid OL will make your okay calling easy plus it’ll make your average WRs look good when QB has time to find them, which in turn makes the QB look better. Its a complete domino effect that rolls to the defensive side as well when the offense is able to move the chain and win the ToP battle.