Team USA Basketball Game(s) Threads: 1st game is TODAY @ 8:00 A.M (vs. France).

USA womens vs. Serbia right now for a chance to advance to the Gold ?? Medal game!

I'm so fired up for my daughter because we watch every girls game together and Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Brittney Griner and Breanna Stewart are truly a special force (she calls them the DREAM TEAM).

And Breanna Stewart is really the Kevin Durant of team USA women's basketball. Her skill level is just on a completely different level, she is so fire ?.

My daughter plays little league as a little BEAST SF and her basketball hero has always been Diana Taurasi but now she wants a poster of Breanna Stewart!

"The world has caught up to American basketball" my ass; we're destroying these Countries at their own FIBA basketball. 

On 7/25/2021 at 10:18 AM, Matt39 said:

Not surprising. US couldnt handle France's size. Never thought you'd see the day where the French were tougher than the Americans but here we are. Also, Lillard was god awful. 

We'll get our rematch. Tonight.

And for ? GOLD? too. 

And we're going to destroy them while taking our USA basketball anger out on them @ the same time. 

USA over France by 35-50+ tonight. 

Why our we letting this mush jinx our team?  

The USA is generally better than other countries at basketball.  Is this a surprise?  This is like being a Yankee fan in the last 90's and crowing your ass off.  Better watch out, cause I remember Cleveland knocking us out in 1997 and a bunch of errors and broken bats beating Mariano in 2001.  I hope you're right and we win, but c'mon.  It was nice seeing new Net Patty Mills for Australia.  Guy should be fun to watch and an upgrade over MIke James who wasn't bad in his own right..

On 7/26/2021 at 1:44 AM, Maynard13 said:

That was a pathetic display of teamwork. They literally choked and gave that game away. And why is Durant even on this team if he doesnt even want to play. He's not even going through the motions.  He looks totally disintertested and could care less.  And Poopovich got totally outcoached.  This is EMBARRASING.  The worst I've ever seen in USA Olympic basketball. Just humiliating.  And where the heck are our best players Kawi Leonard, Russell Westbrook, Stephon Curry, Anthony Davis, Zion, Paul George, Trea Young, Ja Morant. I know a few were in the NBA Finals and are beat but cmon - REPRESENT!!!!!  

Trust me man I understood your USA frustrations after we blew game 1 vs. France because I was feeling it too but we've gotta give both team USA their credit/respect (ever since) and especially Kevin Durant specifically.

Kevin Durant has carried our Country on his basketball aback and has fought for USA when so many basketball stars wanted nothing to do with us. He's not only carried us on his back but he's saved USA basketball here in Tokyo and we would've been eliminated without him a long time ago.

Throughout these 5 games = 95 points, 26 rebounds, 19 assists, 6 steals, 6 blocked shots and only 5 turnovers. He's also shooting 33/67 (53.7%) from the field, 12/31 from 3 (38.7%) and 11/12 from FT (91.7%). He's been locked in and focused. 

He has a laid back personality but he plays with fire and he absolutely wants to me here. He cares man.

And our USA team has done an awesome job rallying around K.D with great teamwork and amazing defensive intensity (especially during the 2nd half) and since our opening game 1 loss vs. France (first loss in 17 years) these American kids have since responded by beating Czech Republic 119-84, Iran 120-66, Australia 97-78 and Spain 95-81. That's a combined 122 points. That's an average of 30.5 points per game. Dominance. 

And the 2nd halves of these games have been much more dominant. We outscored Australia 55-33 (2nd half). Spain 52-38 (2nd half). Czek 73-41 (2nd half) and Iran (60-36). That's a combined 93 points (23.2 points per 2nd half) and that's absolute dominance man. 

What this USA team has done especially during the 2nd half has been 1992 Dream Team type of dominance but imo it's been more impressive because A.) we're doing it with our C team (without LeBron, Steph, Kawhi, A.D., Karl-Anthony Towns (born and raised American), Harden, Durant, Trae, Zion, Julius, Klay, CP3, Paul George etc and B.) Global ? basketball competition back in 1992 of 29-30 years ago was absolutely nothingness in comparison to International/European basketball of today and C.) If we sent out our 2021 A+ team we win every game by 60+.

Sorry for the long winded post @Maynard13 I just know how frustrated you were after game 1's letdown vs. France and I hope you're going to enjoy tonight's game because I think it's going to become a special REMATCH. Where we destroy France by 30-50+ while unleashing our American anger out on them (for beating us). 

? ? ? ? ?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why our we letting this mush jinx our team?  

The USA is generally better than other countries at basketball.  Is this a surprise?  This is like being a Yankee fan in the last 90's and crowing your ass off.  Better watch out, cause I remember Cleveland knocking us out in 1997 and a bunch of errors and broken bats beating Mariano in 2001.  I hope you're right and we win, but c'mon.  It was nice seeing new Net Patty Mills for Australia.  Guy should be fun to watch and an upgrade over MIke James who wasn't bad in his own right..

A mush? A jinx? I'm the one who created this thread and believed in our kids despite a game 1 loss. And a mush? A jinx? During my 10 day suspension I've been posting on our Knicks forum about team USA like crazy (created the thread for it too). Some jinx of a mush huh. I guess by the way you look at things superstitiously it's been me (DWC) who's carried team USA into the GOLD ? MEDAL GAME! 

???

France isn't beating us tonight we're going to absolutely destroy them and as a Knicks fan I hope we embarrass Evan Fournier and his Frenchmen tonight. 

But yeah. I never knew being fired up and excited over team USA basketball could be considered as a "jinx" or a "mush". I'm just a proud American when it comes to our basketball man. And I've believed in our team USA basketball team when everyone told us "we couldn't do it". 

PS: I haven't seen you talking up this team and being fired up for them throughout our previous 4 wins and I don't even think you've made one post inside this thread of showing team USA any support? So not cool of you to come in and post all because you noticed I was pumped up about them. ??? But regardless I hope you enjoy tonight's Gold Medal game it should be fun man.

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

A mush.  A jinx.  Your Knicks couldn't get around Atlanta with home court despite your posts skipping then by Philly and Brooklyn.

Well I guess your a jinx too because you've been here since 2006 and how many Championships have you led your Jets and Nets to? Um. Zero? ?

On a more serious note I couldn't care less about losing to Atlanta because A.) Before the season started I bet $777 on NY to just MAKE THE PLAYOFFS because i believed in coach Thibs Defense (username) @ +1400 odds and won back $11,655 so that make my season right there.

B.) We swept Atlanta 3-0 during the regular season before having to play without Tom Thibs #1 Defensive anchor for his NBA's #1 Defense in Mitchell Robinson.

C.1) We've since upgraded way more than Atlanta by signing both Evan Fournier @ SF (who's absolutely destroying the Olympics and has LED his team France into the Gold Medal game tonight. 

and

C.2) KEMBA WALKER @ PG who's not only a 4x All-Star (2016-2017-2018-2019) who led Boston to a 2019 Eastern Conference Finals game 6 vs. Miami but is also a TRAE YOUNG KILLER @ 4-1 All-Time vs. Trae Young @ .800% against him because Trae Young can not guard our NY born PG and Trae Young can not beat KEMBA WALKER.

D.) With another year of team chemistry + Kemba Walker/Evan Fournier/Mitchell Robinson; Trae Young and his Atlanta Hawks can no longer beat us. 

Back to Olympic basketball talk. You may not get excited for it but both me and my daughter do. So to each our own. 

44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW I don't get pumped about doing what we are supposed to do.  The team was sloppy against Australia.  It would be nice for them to put together a complete game.  KD carried them the entire 1st half did you have anything good to say?

Yes. Because I'm not an American hater. I'm not a fan of Kevin Durant as a Net but I absolutely love him as a USA legendary legend who's now #1 All-Time in USA Olympic Scoring and just passed my dude Melo. I had plenty of good things to say about KD on our Knicks forum (during my 10 day JN suspension) but did you man? 

• KD Post #1 after our win vs. Czech (sticking up for KD vs an NYK fan who literally hates him). 

"I'm sorry but I can never root against our team USA and American kids (during the Olympics). Rooting against an American player during the OLYMPICS all because of which "NBA team they play on" is not only Un-American but imo it's bush league. I remember being 7 years old in 1992 and rooting for MICHAEL JORDAN because he was representing team USA. And I had a blast rooting for Kevin Durant today (as a team USA teammate) who didn't turn his back on us like LeBron James, Steph Curry and many of others. He was absolutely magical today. And now the All-Time USA Olympics leading scorer (kid is special man).To each our own but I don't understand how one could root for one of the biggest lottery Knicks BUSTS of All-Time in Frank and FRANCE over team USA and all of our American kids. And say what you say about Kevin Durant but as an American ball player he didn't turn his back on team USA (like 90% of our superstars did) and he's playing his ass off for us."

• KD Post #2 after our Spain win. 

Rubio set an Olympic record for points scored against USA All-Time (I believe 38) and Olympic Rubio could. Not. Miss. He was fire ? for Spain. And say what we say about Kevin Durant as a Brooklyn Net but as a USA teammate he's legendary and without him we would've been eliminated a long time ago. 29 points (10-17), 4 assists and 2 rebounds; he saved our USA team from elimination today. And I'll always respect him for not turning his sports back on America as so many Superstars have recently done. I hope we get FRANCE during a REMATCH in order to redeem ourselves after blowing a 7 point lead with only 3 minutes remaining; I really want to ELIMINATE those Frenchmen.

• KD Post #3 after our Australian win. 

What a game. I was feeling absolutely sick to my stomach. Down 15 points in the 1st half. I thought it was all over. I thought we were going home. And then something magical happened. Kevin Durant happened. And everyone else followed his lead. Team USA turned up the defensive intensity while down 15 and ended up demolishing Australia by the score of 97-78 (after trailing by 3 at the half and down 15 with under 3 minutes left of the 2nd Q). Down by 15? And won by 19 points?!? That's a freaking 34 point turnaround and that 34 point turnaround was as DOMINANT and as exciting as I've ever seen. Many of our American kids stepped up big time but none like KD. Kid dropped 23 points off 10/19 shooting and 9 rebounds. He was awesome.

• KD post #4 (Even competed Brianna Stewart to him). 

Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Brittney Griner and Breanna Stewart are truly a special force and Breanna Stewart is really the Kevin Durant of team USA women's basketball. Her skill level is just on a completely different level she is so fire ?.

etc. 

I would say "your turn" but I already know a Knicks fan such as myself has been even more fired up about Kevin Durant during the Olympics than a Nets fan such as yourself. 

To answer your question @#27TheDominator. Yes. I had good things to say about your beast Kevin Durant.

??????? ?

PS: We weren't "sloppy" against Australia. The final 23-24 minutes were the most dominant basketball this Country has WITNESSED since dating back to 1992. During the final 23-24 minutes (end of 1st half entire 2nd half) we destroyed Australia by 37 points! 

"Sloppy" . 

If you can't be excited about that? Sorry. But. No point in even watching....

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW I don't get pumped about doing what we are supposed to do.  

Damn man. Must absolutely STINK for you to have that type of sports mentality while being a $Brooklyn Net$ fan. 

And not being able to get excited or pumped up over your basketball season?

All because Brooklyn with a trio of Kyrie Irving, James Harden, Kevin Durant (and even Blake Griffin) are EXPECTED and SUPPOSED TO (at least) make it to the NBA Finals? 

Stinks to be a Nets fan huh man.

6 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Trust me man I understood your USA frustrations after we blew game 1 vs. France because I was feeling it too but we've gotta give both team USA their credit/respect (ever since) and especially Kevin Durant specifically.

Kevin Durant has carried our Country on his basketball aback and has fought for USA when so many basketball stars wanted nothing to do with us. He's not only carried us on his back but he's saved USA basketball here in Tokyo and we would've been eliminated without him a long time ago.

Throughout these 5 games = 95 points, 26 rebounds, 19 assists, 6 steals, 6 blocked shots and only 5 turnovers. He's also shooting 33/67 (53.7%) from the field, 12/31 from 3 (38.7%) and 11/12 from FT (91.7%). He's been locked in and focused. 

He has a laid back personality but he plays with fire and he absolutely wants to me here. He cares man.

And our USA team has done an awesome job rallying around K.D with great teamwork and amazing defensive intensity (especially during the 2nd half) and since our opening game 1 loss vs. France (first loss in 17 years) these American kids have since responded by beating Czech Republic 119-84, Iran 120-66, Australia 97-78 and Spain 95-81. That's a combined 122 points. That's an average of 30.5 points per game. Dominance. 

And the 2nd halves of these games have been much more dominant. We outscored Australia 55-33 (2nd half). Spain 52-38 (2nd half). Czek 73-41 (2nd half) and Iran (60-36). That's a combined 93 points (23.2 points per 2nd half) and that's absolute dominance man. 

What this USA team has done especially during the 2nd half has been 1992 Dream Team type of dominance but imo it's been more impressive because A.) we're doing it with our C team (without LeBron, Steph, Kawhi, A.D., Karl-Anthony Towns (born and raised American), Harden, Durant, Trae, Zion, Julius, Klay, CP3, Paul George etc and B.) Global ? basketball competition back in 1992 of 29-30 years ago was absolutely nothingness in comparison to International/European basketball of today and C.) If we sent out our 2021 A+ team we win every game by 60+.

Sorry for the long winded post @Maynard13 I just know how frustrated you were after game 1's letdown vs. France and I hope you're going to enjoy tonight's game because I think it's going to become a special REMATCH. Where we destroy France by 30-50+ while unleashing our American anger out on them (for beating us). 

? ? ? ? ?

USA should just let Durant on the court by himself vs, France.  They'd have a better chance at winning. 

34 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

USA should just let Durant on the court by himself vs, France.  They'd have a better chance at winning. 

That's not true. Yes KD has led us but have you not been watching these games Don? 

Bam ADEBAYO has been a Defensive bully down low. Devin Booker was fire against both Iran and Australia. Draymond Green has been locking down on Defense especially during the 2nd halves and has shot 77.8% as a role playing role player. Jrue Holiday has been an animal at all 3 of scoring, rebounding and defense on the perimeter. Zach LaVine has been absolute electricity with his athleticism, has shot damn near 60% from the field and he's been assisting like crazy as a passer. Khris Middleton hasn't tried to do too much but he's shooting almost 50% from the field and playing good overall basketball as a role player and Jayson Tatum has been our 2nd best scoring threat with over 70 points scored at almost 50% and he's been lights out from 3PT range too. 

The only player I've been frustrated with and severity disappointed in is Damian Lillard because he's shot the ball really bad and his Defense has been absolutely atrocious. He's been bad man.

So you're really going to hold that game 1 loss vs. France against these kids? And ignore all the good things they've done throughout their next 4 games? If so I don't believe or think you've even really watched these games because during the 2nd half of these ball games? Team USA has been absolutely dominant because they've outscored their next 4 opponents by 93 points combined during the 2nd halves and that's an average of 23.2 points per 2nd half and that's the definition of DOMINANT. 

Just the way you're talking bad about this team (after they've overcame game 1 adversity) I don't think you have really been "watching" these games. Because no one who's actually watched these 2nd half dominating USA performances would ever talk like that. 

59 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

USA we're only up 5 because France is living at the FT line.

But I'm confident we'll win by at least 30+ because these kids always come out with defensive intensity and play with dominance every 2nd half. 

But I'm confident we'll win by at least 3

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

They showed the rest of the NBA how it’s done. So proud of them.  Great representation.  Props to Draymond Green and of course KD.  Gold baby!

I have always hated the **** out of Draymond but when he’s on your squad you’re thankful he’s there. Clutch performance by him doing what he does best.

• Upvote 2

• Another Team USA Gold ??? Medal. 

• Now 4 consecutive USA Gold Medals in a row. 

• Now 16 USA Gold Medals All-Time. 

• The Global ? World still hasn't "caught up to American basketball" because we just sent out our C-Team with most of our best players sitting out and (STILL) won Gold. 

This wasn't the 30 point blowout I was hoping for and expecting but nonetheless our team USA got the job done. 

✓ And you mean to tell me that this was the "exciting brand of "tough" FIBA basketball" that everyone was telling me about? That sh*t was straight up pussy ball. Soft European (flopping) basketball. USA couldn't touch them let alone look @ them wrong without being called for fouls before the European refs sent France to their little free throw line.

FIBA International Basketball is soft. It's absolute CRAP. And the worst "brand" of basketball I ever had to watch. 

Thnx you team USA. For showing the World (once again) that Americans are better than the World at their own crap brand of FIBA basketball. 

At this point I hope in 2024 we send our NCAA College kids into the Summer Olympics because these Europeans can't fk with our American kids.

Either that or in 2024 send out our A+ USA roster in order to destroy every Country by 40-50+.

durant-usa-olympics-784x523.jpeg

Thnx you. 

5 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

They showed the rest of the NBA how it’s done. So proud of them.  Great representation.  Props to Draymond Green and of course KD.  Gold baby!

Yeah man. We once again beat them at their own crap ass soft European flopping ass and absolute crap ass "Brand" of FIBA basketball. The way those refs officiated and called this game was a disgrace to the game of basketball. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2021 at 10:18 AM, Matt39 said:

Not surprising. US couldnt handle France's size. Never thought you'd see the day where the French were tougher than the Americans but here we are. Also, Lillard was god awful. 

Tougher than American basketball my ass man. Those European players are nothing but soccer type floppers. Bunch of soft ass sissies.

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why are we letting this mush jinx our team?  

Still a mush? Still a jinx? 

Looks like DWC (me) just led our team USA to another USA Basketball Gold Medal. 

????

PS: I had plenty of good things to say about KD throughout these entire Olympics, but did you? ?

On 7/25/2021 at 9:57 AM, Matt39 said:

Looking forward to Popovich blaming someone else after this.

I don't think coach Pops has anyone to "blame" for helping lead team USA to a Gold Medal during his last ever game as head coach (he now goes out on top as an All-Time legend) and imo the greatest NBA basketball coach of All-Time.

On 7/25/2021 at 8:51 PM, undertow said:

Yeah I would never waste my time watching this but the first thing that came to my mind was the other countries probably play hard and like a team.

Well. This didn't age well. 

You didn't want to waste your time watching USA's C-Team win another Olympics basketball Gold Medal? Nice to know. But you were wrong as wrong could be about "other Countries" playing harder than our American team and/or more like a team than our USA kids; because only one Country was great enough to win Gold ??? and that's the same Country who you were (trying) to crap all over: USA.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:41 PM, undertow said:

I'm talking about the current state of the NBA player in 2021 not 1936, or 1982, 0r 2003.  2021.

Like I said. Here in 2021? Our USA C-Team basketball team would still win our 16th Olympics Gold Medal of All-Time. 

The current state of the 2021 NBA player has never been better (because we don't even need to send out our A+ players and can send out our C- players and still beat the globe)

????