A long season.....

AL047

After two games this season, I will say that the Jets have a long way to go!!!!

Offensively, the Jets are a work in progress!!!! Everyone has to understand and realize that QB Zack Wilson is a rookie and is learning to read defenses!!!! He has not had any experience seeing this type of rush from defenses in college at all!!!!  Belicheck proved that yesterday, by giving him different looks on defense and eliminating his #1 weapon WR Corey Davis throughout the game. Watch the game again and you will see that Davis was a nonfactor and TE Croft also was a nonfactor. But what upset me the most was that the other weapons could not step up during the game. Where was Cole??? Where was Johnson??? Both played while Mims was on the bench that day, because of the claim he doesn't know his plays??? In order for Wilson to succeed is for him to have all his weapons available not a couple!!!! The oline is another factor that needs to be fixed especially the right side. 

Defensively, you can tell how a good oline can stop a good dline like the Jets!!!!  The Jets need an edge rusher at the OLB position to pressure the QB. In two games the opposing QB sat back and passed the ball with no problem, and with pressure comes the INT or fumble but in two games against QB's only one fumble (Darnold). Sure the scoring has been kept to a minimum but teams keep moving the ball on them on third down. How long can the defense hold teams down until they are exposed by a very good offense??? 

The Jets will be a work in progress all season long!!!! 

Keys to success!!!

1) Protect Zack Wilson - the oline need to block better

2) Have all of Zack Wilson's weapons ready to play - NO MORE BENCHED PLAYERS (Mims)

3) Get the running game going

4) Defensively - keep playing hard

5) NO MORE TURNOVERS by the offense

I believe this team will have a lot of ups and downs during this season!!!! We shouldn't be getting on Wilson or the whole team because this is a work in progress all season long!!!!

I did not expect this team to be a playoff team!!!! This team is still being rebuilt and with a rookie QB this team is not playoff ready at all!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Offensively, the Jets are a work in progress!!!! Everyone has to understand and realize that QB Zack Wilson is a rookie and is learning to read defenses!!!! He has not had any experience seeing this type of rush from defenses in college at all!!!!  Belicheck proved that yesterday, by giving him different looks on defense and eliminating his #1 weapon WR Corey Davis throughout the game. Watch the game again and you will see that Davis was a nonfactor and TE Croft also was a nonfactor. But what upset me the most was that the other weapons could not step up during the game. Where was Cole??? Where was Johnson??? Both played while Mims was on the bench that day, because of the claim he doesn't know his plays??? In order for Wilson to succeed is for him to have all his weapons available not a couple!!!! The oline is another factor that needs to be fixed especially the right side. 

Defensively, you can tell how a good oline can stop a good dline like the Jets!!!!  The Jets need an edge rusher at the OLB position to pressure the QB. In two games the opposing QB sat back and passed the ball with no problem, and with pressure comes the INT or fumble but in two games against QB's only one fumble (Darnold). Sure the scoring has been kept to a minimum but teams keep moving the ball on them on third down. How long can the defense hold teams down until they are exposed by a very good offense??? 

Keys to success!!!

2) Have all of Zack Wilson's weapons ready to play - NO MORE BENCHED PLAYERS (Mims)

I believe this team will have a lot of ups and downs during this season!!!! We shouldn't be getting on Wilson or the whole team because this is a work in progress all season long!!!!

I did not expect this team to be a playoff team!!!! This team is still being rebuilt and with a rookie QB this team is not playoff ready at all!!!!

Excellent use of capital letters! 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Keys to success!!!

i don't agree about your opinion on the defense.  they got good pressure on jones the whole game and forced a few three and outs when a first down would've iced it for the patsies.  imo the worst play for the defense is when harris had that td run.  no excuse for missing so many tackles.

55 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Before the season opener I had us winning 4 games. No hyperbole, I now honestly see this team winning at most two games. Simply because there are not enough potentially good players to make a difference on the field, once the coaching staff learns how to coach.