Sammie....

JETSY14

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Wilson is off to a tough start. I don't think his O.C. is helping him much get off to a hot start. I would get him 4 early completions, simple stuff to  build confidence. But he plays like a rookie with some bad decisions each week. His short passing game needs work, misses too many simple passes.

That being sad, Darnold's upside isn't close to what Wilson's is. Wilson throw a TD on just about any play. Wilson can be a game changes, Darnols is playing closer to a game manager.

Jets did the right thing in making this move. And I agree Darnold would have won more games here this year so far than Wilson would have.  That isn't the point though.

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

He has had a lot of drops. I mean the few passes to the flat...like hey are standing there and he bounces them. There haven't been many but it definitely needs work. There were back to back plays today, one was a flat route I think that bounced. The next one was a screen that hit Moses in the back. Definitely has to clean that up.

Either way they are going 3 and out all 1st Quarter. Let him play catch and go 7 or 9 for 40 yards and 3 punts in the 1st Qtr lol. Then he can take over after that.  :)

Hard to get him going if, like you said, he struggles to do the simple stuff, no?  I mean, you’re asking for the short simple stuff but admitting he struggles completing those passes but I’d argue, that’s what they’re doing.  His first 5 passes were are short to intermediate. He tucked an ran with an open Carter right in front of him,  then the Crowder drop on the sidelines but then he misses an easy slant to Davis behind him, Carter short of the line to gain, bounced one to a TE in the flat and then he screamed to the D he was throwing to Cory Davis and got picked.  

It’s hard to get a QB going who really isn’t doing anything well.  It’s all a mess.  He’s wildly inconsistent. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

So if the Jets are 1-4 does that mean it’s all Mike Lefleur’s fault? Just trying to keep up to date 

Idk. I tend to try and not make judgments with small sample sizes and understanding the limits of my knowledge.  You’re the other guy. 

23 hours ago, Icer said:

Hes better than we gave him credit for, but I still wouldnt feel great about signing him long term. 30+ mil a year for him will look real bad eventually

Just wondering if he's better than we gave him credit for, how much less does he actually suck?

1 minute ago, JETSY14 said:

Zach is.... He's practicing on not bouncing balls off the turf or under throwing receivers that are 5 to 10 yards away from him

Actually looked more like he was practicing bouncing balls off the turf and under throwing receivers honestly. Seemed pretty easy for him. Least only one pick this week. Small victories I guess.