Sammie....

JETSY14

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Wilson is off to a tough start. I don't think his O.C. is helping him much get off to a hot start. I would get him 4 early completions, simple stuff to  build confidence. But he plays like a rookie with some bad decisions each week. His short passing game needs work, misses too many simple passes.

That being sad, Darnold's upside isn't close to what Wilson's is. Wilson throw a TD on just about any play. Wilson can be a game changes, Darnols is playing closer to a game manager.

Jets did the right thing in making this move. And I agree Darnold would have won more games here this year so far than Wilson would have.  That isn't the point though.

Agree with all of this except....While he is off on a lot of short passes, many of them SHOULD be caught by NFL WR's...

Even if they catch half of the balls that hit them in BOTH hands - it doesn't look nearly as bad...

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wilson is off to a tough start. I don't think his O.C. is helping him much get off to a hot start. I would get him 4 early completions, simple stuff to  build confidence. But he plays like a rookie with some bad decisions each week. His short passing game needs work, misses too many simple passes.

That being sad, Darnold's upside isn't close to what Wilson's is. Wilson throw a TD on just about any play. Wilson can be a game changes, Darnols is playing closer to a game manager.

Jets did the right thing in making this move. And I agree Darnold would have won more games here this year so far than Wilson would have.  That isn't the point though.

Max, what do you see that Wilson is "game changer"?  I've been hearing it since before we drafted the kid.  What, some wins against minor colleges in a Mickey Mouse conference?  A few playground throws?

Look, I despised Darnold from the start.  Still do.   Never liked the pick or that we drafted another bust from USC.   But right now, I don't see the Wilson love. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Agree with all of this except....While he is off on a lot of short passes, many of them SHOULD be caught by NFL WR's...

Even if they catch half of the balls that hit them in BOTH hands - it doesn't look nearly as bad...

He has had a lot of drops. I mean the few passes to the flat...like hey are standing there and he bounces them. There haven't been many but it definitely needs work. There were back to back plays today, one was a flat route I think that bounced. The next one was a screen that hit Moses in the back. Definitely has to clean that up.

Either way they are going 3 and out all 1st Quarter. Let him play catch and go 7 or 9 for 40 yards and 3 punts in the 1st Qtr lol. Then he can take over after that.  :)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

He has had a lot of drops. I mean the few passes to the flat...like hey are standing there and he bounces them. There haven't been many but it definitely needs work. There were back to back plays today, one was a flat route I think that bounced. The next one was a screen that hit Moses in the back. Definitely has to clean that up.

Either way they are going 3 and out all 1st Quarter. Let him play catch and go 7 or 9 for 40 yards and 3 punts in the 1st Qtr lol. Then he can take over after that.  :)

Yeah, those are bad...and hard to figure out.  I mean, you and I can make that throws...

He does do things that have them in 3rd down situations in the first drive where Corey Davis drops the ball...Seriously 3 of the 5 games, Corey Davis has dropped a 3rd down conversion ball on the first or second drive.  Those are killer!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

So Sam lost a game where his team wasn't great around him?

How do you think he would be doing on the Jets?

I have no idea. I really don't.  I think Jet and Panther fans have the same complaint about our OC. Panthers had plenty of time to run the football. The play calling was not good. Watching both games the thing that bothered me about Wilson was the o-line was okay, and Zack still had issues making good throws. Darnold the last two games has been mauled. Can't  deny that. 

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Our offense is just not fitting Zach at all. With no running threat, the tight WR formations just do not fit him at all. Get in 11 and 10 personnel and spread out the field and let Zach have room and attack the boundaries. Bring in the RPO play action and use Jet action WAY more.  Attack the run on the edge with WR spread. Pass more on first down, 2nd an long is killing us.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Our offense is just not fitting Zach at all. With no running threat, the tight WR formations just do not fit him at all. Get in 11 and 10 personnel and spread out the field and let Zach have room and attack the boundaries. Bring in the RPO play action and use Jet action WAY more.  Attack the run on the edge with WR spread. Pass more on first down, 2nd an long is killing us.

They don’t have the talent yet. It’s like making lasagna with fake cheese and hunts tomato sauce. Growing pains. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, genot said:

I have no idea. I really don't.  I think Jet and Panther fans have the same complaint about our OC.

40+ starts and we're still seeing OL and OC complaints on Darnold's behalf.  What's it gonna take.

And you have "no idea" how he'd be doing here?  Really?  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, genot said:

Robby missed a few key receptions on 3rd down. Let's not forget that.

So I guess he forgot how to be a WR after Bridgewater's departure.  That must be it.

Or, perhaps.....

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article254904482.html

There were lots of choices, including the deep ball he underthrew by a hair to Anderson, or any of the three picks. But I’d instead go with a relatively simple throw. It happened with Carolina leading 18-13 and trying to run out some clock with a 3rd-and-3 on its 46-yard line and 4:04 left in the game. Darnold rolled right, saw Anderson open by a step on about a six-yard pass — and led him too much. Anderson dove for the ball, but it glanced off his fingertips. Carolina had to punt, the punt was blocked and then it all went to pot after that.

Rhule called it “a bad ball” by his quarterback. So did Darnold. “It was a perfect call,” Darnold said. “I just have to put it on him. ... I should have hit that throw.”

The quarterback wasn’t really pressured on the play. He was rolling right like every right-handed QB likes to do, and still he missed it.

Also, this...

It was such a frustrating finish for everyone in Bank of America Stadium — except for the thousands of Eagle fans — that it had Anderson angrily screaming on the sideline after one of the times Darnold misfired his way. (Darnold wouldn’t comment on Anderson’s sideline screams; Anderson wasn’t available for comment after the game).

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

On his way to being 4 and 1 this year. What a complete joke this franchise is. 

i never give a thumbs down but you earned it by give Sam a win before the game ends...

did you not watch Sam for 3 years. dont you know he sucks

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

He was missing the best rb in the league.  I give him a pass

31 other teams dont have the best RB in the league and they win.

and Chuba had 101 yds with 4.2 yard pc. thats pretty damm good.

and thats always been the problem with Sam.... he needs THE BEST RB IN THE LEAGUE.. so Chuba 101 yds weren't good enough for him? he needs more? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

31 other teams dont have the best RB in the league and they win.

and Chuba had 101 yds with 4.2 yard pc. thats pretty damm good.

and thats always been the problem with Sam.... he needs THE BEST RB IN THE LEAGUE.. so Chuba 101 yds weren't good enough for him? he needs more? 

He is use to dump passes to McCaffrey to get out of trouble

14 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

He is use to dump passes to McCaffrey to get out of trouble

and Chuba caught 5 passes. oh you mean throw it 3 yards to CMC and watch him run it for 20. that doesnt not make Sam a good QB. 

Sam had his chance the win the game but instead threw it to a WR who was covered and threw an INT.

• Upvote 1