Zach now has the next 7 contests to fine tune his game for next year

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Neg reps over differing opinions are very lame

Especially since my post was a factual statement, not an opinion.  Statistically, it is true to say that Wilson has performed the worst of the 4 QB's we've seen this year.  That says nothing about how they'll all perform going forward, and I didn't make a prediction there. 

A poster was wondering why the opinion on Wilson has worsened since his injury, and that's the reason:  White, Flacco and Johnson have all performed better since he went down, and that doesn't help the perspective people have on Wilson.

The fanboys couldn't handle it and gang-banged out their neg reps.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Especially since my post was a factual statement, not an opinion.  Statistically, it is true to say that Wilson has performed the worst of the 4 QB's we've seen this year.  That says nothing about how they'll all perform going forward, and I didn't make a prediction there.  

Nbc I Dont Want To Hear It GIF by Will & Grace

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Jet fans: Wilson needs to hold a clipboard for a year to learn how to play quarterback in the NFL

Mike White holds a clipboard for three years.

Also Jet fans: MiKe wHiTe NeVaH sTaHted a GaMe bEfaW iTs dA sAmE aS yAw ZaCkY PoO

You’re entitled to your opinion but not to ours. If you want to debate someone with that opinion, suggest you go find someone who holds it.

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Jet fans: Wilson needs to hold a clipboard for a year to learn how to play quarterback in the NFL

Mike White holds a clipboard for three years.

Also Jet fans: MiKe wHiTe NeVaH sTaHted a GaMe bEfaW iTs dA sAmE aS yAw ZaCkY PoO

If no rookie QB ever had any success in his first 5 games, you guys would have a great point.  But since we've seen it before in this league, even out of fairly raw prospects, it's more than reasonable to expect that a talented rookie QB should perform better than Mike White, Joe Flacco or Josh Johnson.  And since he hasn't, it's also reasonable to expect that  this is the reason people are thinking less of Wilson lately.  The system and supporting cast was blamed a good deal for his struggles and yet we've seen 3 other QB's have a modicum of success in the same system.

Several of you have been spending the last 2 weeks tearing down White regarding his abilities and lack of arm strength.  (And prior to that, we had people here whining that we didn't have a quality, experienced, veteran backup).  You can't have it both ways:  White can't both be really bad AND be performing better than Wilson purely based on his "experience".  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Several of you have been spending the last 2 weeks tearing down White regarding his abilities and lack of arm strength.  You can't have it both ways:  White can't both be really bad AND be performing better than Wilson purely based on his "experience".  

I suggest you find someone else to debate who holds that opinion. Or am I part of an...ilk?

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh, that's you I was talking about. You and your...ilk? 

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

I suggest you find someone else to debate who holds that opinion. Or am I part of an...ilk?

I mean, you, Nico and Fidelio definitely have been a bit of a hive mind lately, and have set about to attack any poster who remotely criticizes Wilson.  Maybe you should do something about that.  

• Haha 1

We can all agree the young rookie has the worst stats.  We can all agree that he has at times looked downright terrible.  But can we all agree that he has shown physical talent that no other QB on the roster has?  In combination with his young age and inexperience, along with a rookie OC who would naturally be improving along side of him as the season progresses.

This isn't an excuse for bad play, it's been bad.  But we can all agree that the team as a whole is bad, and they played even worse earlier in the year.  That certainly wasn't all on his shoulders.

We are so far from any answers on who Zach will be as a QB in the NFL it's comical.  We're going to get plenty of more looks as the season goes on, so we shouldn't worry.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, you, Nico and Fidelio definitely have been a bit of a hive mind lately, and have set about to attack any poster who remotely criticizes Wilson.  Maybe you should do something about that.  

When you always find yourself agreeing with Nico you should… not do that.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, I don't care if you criticize him but your obsession with tearing a player down after five games is ******* creepy and idiotic.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If no rookie QB ever had any success in his first 5 games, you guys would have a great point.  But since we've seen it before in this league, even out of fairly raw prospects, it's more than reasonable to expect that a talented rookie QB should perform better than Mike White, Joe Flacco or Josh Johnson.  And since he hasn't, it's also reasonable to expect that  this is the reason people are thinking less of Wilson lately.  The system and supporting cast was blamed a good deal for his struggles and yet we've seen 3 other QB's have a modicum of success in the same system.

Several of you have been spending the last 2 weeks tearing down White regarding his abilities and lack of arm strength.  (And prior to that, we had people here whining that we didn't have a quality, experienced, veteran backup).  You can't have it both ways:  White can't both be really bad AND be performing better than Wilson purely based on his "experience".  

White can be exactly what he is.  A 4th year backup QB playing better than a rookie 4 games in to his career.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When did I tear him down?  And who gives a sh*t if I did?  These are NFL players, not your family members.  

I don't care if you call him a marmot with 14 mothers but it's still dopey and creepy to be this incessantly critical of a player after five games. It could be anybody.

The both of you were the biggest Darnold bashers and lo and behold and (surprise!) now you're both the biggest Wilson bashers. It's ******* weird. You're like two 80 year old  bitter sister spinsters living in the family house and handing out razor blade apples at Halloween.

You're the wicked witch of the west and the wicked witch of the east.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't care if you call him a marmot with 14 mothers but it's still dopey and creepy to be this incessantly critical of a player after five games

"Incessantly".  I think you severely over-estimate the number of posts I dedicate to Wilson.  

And I do think you care what I call him.  It's nearly midnight on a work night and I have 7 notifications with your name next to them in the last 20 minutes alone.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

"Incessantly".  I think you severely over-estimate the number of posts I dedicate to Wilson.  

And I do think you care what I call him.  It's nearly midnight on a work night and I have 7 notifications with your name next to them in the last 20 minutes alone.  

Right now he’s googling the definition of “work.”

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed.

Here's what I would say about Wilson. He was meh in Carolina, really bad in three games (NE, Atlanta, @Denver), and good against Tennessee. We are comparing that to 1 game for Flacco (a vet - we know what Flacco is), mop-up duty in 1 game for Johnson (a vet - we know what Johnson is), and three games(ish) for Mike White. So, the sample sizes are a bit low to go *too* nuts over statistics, IMO. 

One reason I am more positive about Wilson than some is that his best game was 5 quarters ago and I thought he looked good in NE before he got hurt. 

I also think he will do better if they continue to let the QB throw on first down. Wilson's tenure so far has been plagued by absurdly predictable play-calling, highlighted by "run, run pass" early in games. Romo always makes this point but QBs get their easiest looks on first down. They have to let Wilson throw more on first down early in the game. That pattern changed in the Mike White game. 

The other thing I have liked about Wilson is that he's been a better second half QB than a first half QB. He played terribly in Atlanta but drove the field to get them within a score late in the 4th, only to watch the defense let Matt Ryan walk right down the field.  Similarly, he got hot in the 4th quarter in Carolina and got them within an onside kick of making things interesting. And he played very well in the second half against the Titans. 

One thing I always hated about Darnold was how bad he was in the second half of games. No comeback magic in that guy. Lots of nice opening score drives though! The best QBs play better as the game moves along and are at their best in the 4th quarter. 

Having said all of that in his defense - statistically, Wilson is likely to bust. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's a vegan joint so everything is an illusion. I come up with cool stuff from time to time but again, vegan. Coconut fat, corn starch, the juice from cans of chick peas, soaked cashews. There's only so much you can do. lol

Vegan? That’s too bad otherwise @The Crusher would drop 2 large a week there.

• Haha 2