Zach now has the next 7 contests to fine tune his game for next year

23 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He hasn't played in 4 weeks yet people's opinions of him keep growing negative. I don't quite understand it.

Since he’s been out with his injury we’ve seen 3 other Jet QBs look competent out there.  Statistically, Wilson has been the 4th best QB to don a Jets uniform in 2021.

Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Zack has looked worse than I expected or how he was sold as ready to go.   You want to argue that Field's sucks, too.  Fine.  I agree.
Has he looked like Herbert his rookie year? Absolutely not. But who in the past has? Guys who start year one typically don't look good. I won't play the Manning card but what about Allen? He didn't look good at all his rookie year. I never expected Wilson to come in and light it up. If anything I expected Lawrence to look a lot better. If we had had a chance and drafted him you would be saying the same thing All I'm saying is he needs more than 5 games. I also think the play calling has been radically different since he went out. Let's see him operate in the "new and improved" offensive scheme before we toss him into the scrap heap.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Since he’s been out with his injury we’ve seen 3 other Jet QBs look competent out there.  Statistically, Wilson has been the 4th best QB to don a Jets uniform in 2021.

200.gif
White has thrown 8 interceptions in 12 quarters. 6% of his pass attempts have been picked off. Awesome.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

@FidelioJet I request that you stop neg-repping posts that are empirically accurate statements (like the one above), you thin-skinned, Zach Wilson-obsessed fanboy psychopath.  Either that or put me on ignore.  

Thank you in advance and kindly GFY.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@FidelioJet I request that you stop neg-repping posts that are empirically accurate statements (like the one above), you thin-skinned, Zach Wilson-obsessed fanboy psychopath.  Either that or put me on ignore.  

I didn't know ZW through 4 int's in a game.  That is a stat...And that is a stat that is not statsitally worse than the others.

You statements aren't statistically factual.  They are data points you want to use to make a claim.... 

"psychopath" big word to throw around and feels quite excessive.  

Not sure you understand the meaning of someone finding relentless attacks of a 5 week NFL QB to be ridiculous and point it out - and choosing to down vote those attacks to being a psychopath.  Very strange.  

I will continue to downvote things I believe are harsh attacks on ZW that are being made unfairly for the purposes of nothing more than to attack the kid....

Please feel free to just ignore me.  

• Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I didn't know ZW through 4 int's in a game.  That is a stat...And that is a stat that is not statsitally worse than the others.

You statements aren't statistically factual.  They are data points you want to use to make a claim.... 

Not sure you understand the meaning of someone finding relentless attacks of a 5 week NFL QB to be ridiculous and point it out - and choosing to down vote those attacks to being a psychopath.  Very strange.  

I will continue to downvote things I believe are harsh attacks on ZW that are being made unfairly for the purposes of nothing more than to attack the kid....

2021 stats for the 4 QB's:

Zach Wilson

• 4 TDs/9 INTs
  • 57.5 % completions
  • 6.5 YPA
  • 63.5 QB Rating

Mike White

• 5 TDs/8 INTs
  • 66.7 % completions
  • 7.2 YPA
  • 75.1 QB Rating

Joe Flacco

• 3 TDs/0 INTs
  • 64.3 % completions
  • 8.0 YPA
  • 113.0 QB Rating

Josh Johnson

• 3 TDs/1 INT
  • 64.4 % completions
  • 7.4 YPA
  • 99.7 QB Rating

I'll say it again.  Zach Wilson has been, statistically, the worst of the 4 QB's thus far in 2021. 

This is not a "harsh attack" on your precious child.  This is merely a statement of facts and an explanation for why the views on Wilson have gotten progressively negative the last several weeks despite him not playing a down of football.  When 3 other QB's have been performing better, none of which were high draft picks or guys expected to play well when Wilson went down, that's a legitimate reason for pessimism.  But the good news is he can shut me and everybody else up by going out and playing well against the Texans.

Now go ahead and downvote this post too.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

looks truce GIF

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bet he thinks meanies on JN saying mean things caused Sanchez, Geno and Darnold to fail. If too many children say they don’t believe in Santa, he might not bring any toys for Christmas. Fidelio is fighting the good fight. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just catching up. Is Saleh really waffling on starting Wilson on Sunday or is this just a deal where he’s trying to surprise the Texans?

Have to make that knee injury look like it was the real reason he didn’t play Sunday

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

At this point in time Josh Johnson is probably a more accomplished QB than Wilson. He 35. Flacco? Been a starter for a long time and is what? 36? Even White has been in the league for 4 years. Can he throw a pass with touch? Hell no. Can he complete a ball over 15 yards in the air? Debatable. Wilson has played 5 friggin games.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

At this point in time Josh Johnson is probably a more accomplished QB than Wilson. He 35. Flacco? Been a starter for a long time and is what? 36? Even White has been in the league for 4 years. Can he throw a pass with touch? Hell no. Can he complete a ball over 15 yards in the air? Debatable. Wilson has played 5 friggin games.

Josh Johnson hadn't played a down of football since 2018. 

After being drafted in the 5th round by the Buccaneers in 2008 and being let go after his rookie deal ended in 2012, Johnson went from....(DEEP BREATH)....the Bucs to the 49ers to the Browns to the Bengals to the 49ers (again) to the Bengals (again) to the Jets to the Colts to the Bills to the Ravens to the Giants to the Jaguars to the Texans to the Raiders to the WFT to the Lions to the 49ers (3rd stint!) and finally the Jets (again).  (Another deep breath). 

That's right.  Johnson has been signed 18 different times in his career and 17 times since 2012. (!!!!!!)

Zach Wilson was a # 2 overall pick.

Please stop.  

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach Wilson

• 4 TDs/9 INTs
  • 57.5 % completions
  • 6.5 YPA
  • 63.5 QB Rating

Mike White

• 5 TDs/8 INTs
  • 66.7 % completions
  • 7.2 YPA
  • 75.1 QB Rating

Joe Flacco

• 3 TDs/0 INTs
  • 64.3 % completions
  • 8.0 YPA
  • 113.0 QB Rating

Josh Johnson

• 3 TDs/1 INT
  • 64.4 % completions
  • 7.4 YPA
  • 99.7 QB Rating

I'll say it again.  Zach Wilson has been, statistically, the worst of the 4 QB's thus far in 2021. 

This is not a "harsh attack" on your precious child.  This is merely a statement of facts and an explanation for why the views on Wilson have gotten progressively negative the last several weeks despite him not playing a down of football.  When 3 other QB's have been performing better, none of which were high draft picks or guys expected to play well when Wilson went down, that's a legitimate reason for pessimism.  But the good news is he can shut me and everybody else up by going out and playing well against the Texans.

Why are you so desperate to trash Wilson? You can choose to look at things positively or negatively. These sample sizes are absurdly small, and the team as a whole has done a better job of catching the ball and blocking in recent weeks. Wilson still has the best performance of a Jets QB this year, and is only one game removed from that. Vs atl he fought back and made it a 3 pt game with 7 mins to go. Vs NE he was looking sharp until the injury. These are positive encouraging steps. Yet you refuse to acknowledge any of it and sh*t on it all. To what end? No one is making any claims about Wilson other that he is a talented, hard working kid with potential. Forgive us Jets fans for wanting to be patient and for being excited to see him develop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach Wilson

• 4 TDs/9 INTs
  • 57.5 % completions
  • 6.5 YPA
  • 63.5 QB Rating

Mike White

• 5 TDs/8 INTs
  • 66.7 % completions
  • 7.2 YPA
  • 75.1 QB Rating

Joe Flacco

• 3 TDs/0 INTs
  • 64.3 % completions
  • 8.0 YPA
  • 113.0 QB Rating

Josh Johnson

• 3 TDs/1 INT
  • 64.4 % completions
  • 7.4 YPA
  • 99.7 QB Rating

Facts don’t care about feelings 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

All of this talk is silly.  When Zach's knee is 100% we're going to see if he can improve on where he left off.  We're going to see Zach again this year, we know this.  Does anyone else really want to see any QB start over Zach all else being equal?

Saleh has all but came out and said it's not about the wins this year.  They are going to play the players they see as contributors to this team, and that's clearly Zach.

What really sucks is Carter being out potentially the rest of the year with the staff taking the same line as they have with Zach.  They're not going to play him unless he's 100%.  It's clear they aren't going to risk bigger injuries with these young guys in a lost season.  That's a good thing.

Josh Johnson hadn't played a down of football since 2018. 
After being drafted in the 5th round by the Buccaneers in 2008 and being let go after his rookie deal ended in 2012, Johnson went from....(DEEP BREATH)....the Bucs to the 49ers to the Browns to the Bengals to the 49ers (again) to the Bengals (again) to the Jets to the Colts to the Bills to the Ravens to the Giants to the Jaguars to the Texans to the Raiders to the WFT to the Lions to the 49ers (3rd stint!) and finally the Jets (again).  (Another deep breath). 
That's right.  Johnson has been signed 18 different times in his career and 17 times since 2012. (!!!!!!)
Zach Wilson was a # 2 overall pick.
Please stop.  
You think Josh Johnson has practiced in an NFL camp a few times? Once? Twice? What do you think? Please stop.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

You think Josh Johnson has practiced in an NFL camp a few times? Once? Twice? What do you think? Please stop.

So Zach Wilson hasn’t had a camp or practices?  He’s not a child.  He’s a pro QB who was highly drafted.  Just because he’s a rookie doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be expecting him to outperform Josh Johnson, a 3rd string QB everywhere he goes.

• Upvote 1

So Zach Wilson hasn’t had a camp or practices?  He’s not a child.  He’s a pro QB who was highly drafted.  Just because he’s a rookie doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be expecting him to outperform Josh Johnson, a 3rd string QB everywhere he goes.
Johnson has been around since 2008. Are you f'ing kidding me?? How many more camps/practices do you think Johnson has over a guy that was 9 when Johnson entered the league. Come on.

2 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Why are you so desperate to trash Wilson? You can choose to look at things positively or negatively. These sample sizes are absurdly small, and the team as a whole has done a better job of catching the ball and blocking in recent weeks. Wilson still has the best performance of a Jets QB this year, and is only one game removed from that. Vs atl he fought back and made it a 3 pt game with 7 mins to go. Vs NE he was looking sharp until the injury. These are positive encouraging steps. Yet you refuse to acknowledge any of it and sh*t on it all. To what end? No one is making any claims about Wilson other that he is a talented, hard working kid with potential. Forgive us Jets fans for wanting to be patient and for being excited to see him develop. 

So we can’t be skeptical of Wilson’s near league-worst body of work over 5 games but we are idiots for not seeing future greatness due to one cherry picked game. I will admit I love seeing Darnold’s #1 defender acknowledge sample sizes though. A year too late, but good on you.

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

So we can’t be skeptical of Wilson’s near league-worst body of work over 5 games but we are idiots for not seeing future greatness due to one cherry picked game. I will admit I love seeing Darnold’s #1 defender acknowledge sample sizes though. A year too late, though.

Look who came up from their coffin. Keep putting words in my mouth bud. 

So we can’t be skeptical of Wilson’s near league-worst body of work over 5 games but we are idiots for not seeing future greatness due to one cherry picked game. I will admit I love seeing Darnold’s #1 defender acknowledge sample sizes though. A year too late, but good on you.
Who did you want? Fields?