Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTF. Damn, I wanted Stovall in the 3rd rd.

Is is just me, or am I getting the worst possible f'n hand in this draft?

I got nothing in the 2nd rd, and now nothing in the 3rd rd!

You got the best LT prospect and best Guard prospect in the draft for the team with one of,if not the worst o-line in the league...I wouldn't complain about that at all.

So what do you guys think of Maurice Stovall? Did I take him too high?

No, I don't think so, and with Vick as his QB, I like his size and ability to get the ball in traffic, a role and ability Crumpler has been able to capitalize on. He's a very good fit for a QB like Vick. Vick is never going to burn it up with speed recievers who go deep, he needs YAC WR's, that can catch the short and mid range passes and make yardage after the catch. He does drop some easy balls, but can also make the circus catch.... another positive with Vick throwing.

So what do you guys think of Maurice Stovall? Did I take him too high?

I don't think it's too high for him. But Atlanta used their last two #1 picks on WR's already, so it may not be a likely pick for them. But Vick clearly needs a big target & Stovall certainly fits that bill.

Smizzy, I was looking at Whitner too, just didn't get enough warm fuzzies to take him over Simpson.

Storm, love that pick. The right side of the Vikes O line is in desperate need.... that guy, ah.... whats his name.... last year's ORG... fontinu er something.... was just signed by the Raiders but failed his physical. Fat turd guy, like Mike Williams. They probably have enough to fill the RT spot, at least for a year, anyways. Very nice selection!

Smizzy, I was looking at Whitner too, just didn't get enough warm fuzzies to take him over Simpson.

Storm, love that pick. The right side of the Vikes O line is in desperate need.... that guy, ah.... whats his name.... last year's ORG... fontinu er something.... was just signed by the Raiders but failed his physical. Fat turd guy, like Mike Williams. They probably have enough to fill the RT spot, at least for a year, anyways. Very nice selection!

Wasn't my pick, but Shutout's! All praise goes to him. The Skins though? That was all me :cool:

In that draft therad... it looks like I'm a one man wrecking crew... :lol:

Wasn't my pick, but Shutout's! All praise goes to him. The Skins though? That was all me :cool:

In that draft therad... it looks like I'm a one man wrecking crew... :lol:

Well then, Kudos to shutout! Yeah, I busted his nut on that first round pick, but it's just my honest opinion, and this second rounder was a REAL quality pick. The right side of the Vikes O line was badly in need of help, and this guy can be written in as a starter, in ink! BIG upgrade.

PS: Just saw the O'Calighan pick.... great, great draft for O linemen this year. I like that one as well. O linemen aren't sexy picks, but they are the backbone of any offense. The Skins have been snakebit with injuries to what looked like a good o line for a couple of years now.... Portis is still waiting for guys that can open holes for him, and a pick like that could return him to his Denver form.

I liked Whitner just a tiny bit more than the guard at 51,but then he went right before me,but I am happy that Joseph was still there to grab. Figure Marcus Johnson and Adam Goldberg are solid vets who can start at RT while some younger guys develop.

I also was happy with Abdul Hodge with the earlier pick. He's not flashy; just a blue collar linebacker who's real smart and is gonna get a ton of tackles. The biggest knock on him is his size,so that should tell you something about the guy. Two picks that weren't flashy,but just solid picks to build a foundation on IMO.

Well then, Kudos to shutout! Yeah, I busted his nut on that first round pick, but it's just my honest opinion, and this second rounder was a REAL quality pick. The right side of the Vikes O line was badly in need of help, and this guy can be written in as a starter, in ink! BIG upgrade.

Its all good,I overreacted a bit to a comment you made,and I do apologize for that...I still stand by the pick though...especially when I can get talent like Hodge and Joseph in the 2nd round.;)

I liked Whitner just a tiny bit more than the guard at 51,but then he went right before me,but I am happy that Joseph was still there to grab. Figure Marcus Johnson and Adam Goldberg are solid vets who can start at RT while some younger guys develop.

I also was happy with Abdul Hodge with the earlier pick. He's not flashy; just a blue collar linebacker who's real smart and is gonna get a ton of tackles. The biggest knock on him is his size,so that should tell you something about the guy. Two picks that weren't flashy,but just solid picks to build a foundation on IMO.

I'm not sure that Hodge is particularly well suited to the cover 2 defense, but is a clear upgrade over Cowart at MLB. He's an awesome run support guy, and might be a two down backer in the cover two, but Minny also got Leber, who could be good in a rotation for the nickel and dime looks for the cover two. They also have some other highly drafted LB's who have not developed as well as most pundits thought they would. A new CS might help some of those guys.

PS: Just saw the O'Calighan pick.... great, great draft for O linemen this year. I like that one as well. O linemen aren't sexy picks, but they are the backbone of any offense. The Skins have been snakebit with injuries to what looked like a good o line for a couple of years now.... Portis is still waiting for guys that can open holes for him, and a pick like that could return him to his Denver form.

That's, pretty much, what I was thinking, when I picked O'Cahhaghan. And, he steps in and replaces Jon Jansen. And, since Gibbs loves that counter trey, that's a big boy who can open holes for him.

I'm pretty happy with the way things have turnedout for me so far, and I would be thrilled if the Bears draft acutally mapped out this way.

Ernie Sims LB-FSU

Charles Spencer OG-Pitt

I've managed to create Ham's "Super Unit" by selecting one of the top linebackers int he country, also protecting the team in the event Lance Briggs cannot be resigned or is injured.

The offensive line is ok, but showing signs of age with Fred Miller and Ruben Brown, so I drafted one of the biggest, nastiest, most talented guards in Spencer. He can step in immediately and plow open road for Jones or Benson. The Bears immediately become a better offensive team, and Grossman will gladly pay his trips to the buffet table.

Guys I made a mistake. YJF sent me a pick and gave him the wrong player.

-Joseph Addai-RB-LSU wwas his pick @ 52 Not Cedrick Griffin. Im changed the pick. I hope this doesn't mess anybodies draft board up.

It's my fault and i take full blame.

I know were not supprose to mention names but Griffin is back on the board to be selected.

Sorry.

Music to my ears, fellas

I live to snatch players off the board that other GM's covet :yahoo:

I rushed to make the Giants pick a bit....Had I known Allen was available, I would've picked him over Marshall--

once again, Hammer beats us all :Nuts::beer_Orcish:

I rushed to make the Giants pick a bit....Had I known Allen was available, I would've picked him over Marshall--

once again, Hammer beats us all :Nuts::beer_Orcish:

Thanks Riggo

Jason Allen is a borderline 1 ... awesome value late in RD 2, and he fills a huge need

I almost feel guilty ... like I should be arrested for grand larceny ;)

Archived