Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

Smizzy, should the first round take TWO damn days? The mock draft stuff has been beaten to death for weeks, months. People should know who the hell they want.

If this takes two damn days, how long will round 6 take, a month?

Not a problem. Im not mad. We made it 4 hr picks. Anybody who has ever done a mock draft knows how they work. it's possible the 1st rd could take 4 days at 4hrs a pick. You don't want to wait around to make your pick. You don't have to.

No sweat Miamijet....It's not a problem.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smizzy, should the first round take TWO damn days? The mock draft stuff has been beaten to death for weeks, months. People should know who the hell they want.

If this takes two damn days, how long will round 6 take, a month?

Which is true... but we can't help if people bail. If need be, Smizzy, myself, or Faba can pick up teams. I don't mind it, myself, since I also own the Skins.

Thanks Smizzy. :cheers:

I had Vince Young #1 on the BAP but I just couldn't take him with Vick and Schaub on the depth chart.

I took Len Dale because a few years ago, the Bills took McGahee and everybody thought they were crazy 'cos they had Travis Henry. Well, we know how that turned out. I wasn't going to take another first round CB after DeAngelo, neither. That would be way too much money dumped in the secondary.

Len Dale White will be a force in the NFL. I can pick up a safety in round two or three.

It was a great pick and I agree with you about Lendale being a force. It caught me off guard at first,but then I remembered the Falcons cut Dunn. I was ready to pounce all over White after the AFJ and the Iggles passed on him,figuring that ATL had Dunn,and Miami has Brown...oh well though.

Good pick.

I wasn't gonna say anything Smiz but dump all the retards holding up the parade. We got people who are on this board 24/7 who didn't sign-up for the draft but maybe we need to recruit a few of these people to replace them.

We are trying. trust me its not easy.

I already started a "replacement Gm " thread for people intrested and dropped the timer from 4 hrs to 2 hrs per pick.

Thats the best I can do. Everybody is just gonna have to take a chill pill and go with the flow.

I just made a really difficult draft decision for The Patriots. I can't get into full detail right know about the players that I was debating over.

I can get into who I did pick.

With the release of Willie McGinest and Chad Brown and the age of The Pats LB"s. I needed a star player for The Pats at that position.

I feel very fortunate that Kamerion Wimbley was still on the board. Perfect 3-4 OLB with the flexibility to line up at DE in The 4-3. Kamerion Wimbley has got the total package. He's naturally athletic, big, strong, fast and can can drop into coverage. He plays with great energy, is an outstanding worker and has exceptional character. All fits for New England.

This guy has a chance to be a big time star on the next level.

As for the other areas of need for The Pats. Those situations will be dealt with later in the draft.

It was a great pick and I agree with you about Lendale being a force. It caught me off guard at first,but then I remembered the Falcons cut Dunn. I was ready to pounce all over White after the AFJ and the Iggles passed on him,figuring that ATL had Dunn,and Miami has Brown...oh well though.

Good pick.

Yup. There was just no way you pass on a guy like that. Hammer just took the guy I would have grabbed in Len Dale was gone.

It wasn't that he fell... it's that the teams inbetween didn't need him. He was another I considered for the Lions pick. But, with the resigning of Kalimba Edwards, and the rumored signing of Julian Peterson, it's not really a need.

(note, I said rumored. Apparently he's been in town and was offered a deal. THere's nothing saying he took the deal.)

We are trying. trust me its not easy.

I already started a "replacement Gm " thread for people intrested and dropped the timer from 4 hrs to 2 hrs per pick.

Thats the best I can do. Everybody is just gonna have to take a chill pill and go with the flow.

I hear ya. I just know that I periodically checked in and out a half a dozen times between 6 PM and 11 PM last night and also saw about 4 or 5 people who were picking after me, logged in and out too. It's frustrating.

All it takes is two nitwits who have no intention of showing up and that's 8 hours down the drain.

I hear ya. I just know that I periodically checked in and out a half a dozen times between 6 PM and 11 PM last night and also saw about 4 or 5 people who were picking after me, logged in and out too. It's frustrating.

All it takes is two nitwits who have no intention of showing up and that's 8 hours down the drain.

We have been doing our best to get things moving. Please bare with us .

We are doing this for fun- so lets keep it in perspective- myself and others are not online 24 hours- stupid things like family and work get in the way- lets just keep it for what it is -to make picks as if you were the GM and not be so serious about it like life and death

Faba, everyone has their priorities, or at least they should, but that has nothing to do with people being unprepared.

Yes, you're right, people here have family and work and other needs to tend to. Is it too much to ask these "family types" and employed to create a wish list, in order of preference and PM a Mod, in the event they have to leave the site?

What's worse is that people are here and can see that their turn is not far away and they disappear and make others wait, without any consideration. That blows. Is it a big deal? No, not really, but it is a hassle. I'm at work too but I still make the effort.

But this draft isn't graded based on realism of the players you pick for that team. Its graded on quality of the draft,so if Troll doesn't like Vince Young,he has no incentive whatsoever to take him.

OK, I'm lost here. The "quality" of the draft?

I thought the whole idea was to take a team, study the roster, know what kind of D and O schemes they run, understand team needs and draft accordingly. If we were just ranking players, why have teams at all? Just have pick slots.

I'm sorry, Williams is a fine prospect, but the Vikings just went out and signed an RB. If they were going to draft another one, they aren't going to do that. They just signed Taylor to a fairly big contract, have M Moore, Fason and Onterio Smith coming back. Maybe you don't think much of Taylor, but the NFL does. Cleveland tried to sign him last year, and Baltimore matched. Minny wasted little time in signing him.

There is no way in **** that SD takes a QB in the first round either. This shouldn't be "take your favorite player", at least to me it shouldn't be. Two teams, completely wasting their first round picks when they have HUGE needs elsewhere. SD just got out of a situation where they had two very high priced QB's, so they go into the draft to recreate the same problem? They might go for another QB later on, but NOT in the first round.

If you completely ignore team needs, what's the point? :confused:

I thought the whole idea was to take a team, study the roster, know what kind of D and O schemes they run, understand team needs and draft accordingly. If we were just ranking players, why have teams at all? Just have pick slots.

I'm sorry, Williams is a fine prospect, but the Vikings just went out and signed an RB. If they were going to draft another one, they aren't going to do that. They just signed Taylor to a fairly big contract, have M Moore, Fason and Onterio Smith coming back. Maybe you don't think much of Taylor, but the NFL does. Cleveland tried to sign him last year, and Baltimore matched. Minny wasted little time in signing him.

There is no way in **** that SD takes a QB in the first round either. This shouldn't be "take your favorite player", at least to me it shouldn't be. Two teams, completely wasting their first round picks when they have HUGE needs elsewhere. SD just got out of a situation where they had two very high priced QB's, so they go into the draft to recreate the same problem? They might go for another QB later on, but NOT in the first round.

tough to argue with.

Faba, everyone has their priorities, or at least they should, but that has nothing to do with people being unprepared.

Yes, you're right, people here have family and work and other needs to tend to. Is it too much to ask these "family types" and employed to create a wish list, in order of preference and PM a Mod, in the event they have to leave the site?

What's worse is that people are here and can see that their turn is not far away and they disappear and make others wait, without any consideration. That blows. Is it a big deal? No, not really, but it is a hassle. I'm at work too but I still make the effort.

MiamiJet we understand your frustration- us trying to keep this running and organized is not easy as you know

Once more we make a plea to anyone seeing their pick coming soon send myself, Smizzy or SS a list of players in priority order to make for you

And thanks for rejoining MiamiJet - you know your Bears and you are logical one to make their picks

We're being judged on the quality of our draft, yes... but also on how it improves the team. That's how you judge the quality of a draft. Not only by the player taken, but if it helps the team. If the player is gonig to sit on the bench (ie: Lamont Jordan), then it's not a quality pick.

Fair enough...you think more of Taylor than I do. I didn't think he was worth passing on a Franchise back. I'm not the only one who felt RB was a need for Vikings;take a look at every single draft site on the web.

I felt he was the best value and filled what i felt was a need for that particular team. Need based picking is not the one true theory for the draft.

Two teams, completely wasting their first round picks when they have HUGE needs elsewhere.

This is where I have the biggest problem with what you said. You disagree with the picks...fine,I don't care if you don't like that I chose Williams or SD took Young. I can even see why you disagree. But I worked as hard on this as you probably have. Who the hell are you to tell me essentially I wasted my,your,and everyone else's time because you don't like who I picked.

As for needs elsewhere,thats why teams get multiple picks in a draft rather than just that first rounder. Are you gonna say I wasted another pick if I take a LB in the 2nd round when you think that Safety was a bigger need?

Well,I don't think that I completely ignored the teams needs,but I guess what I think doesn't matter.

I believe the point was to have fun and discuss the draft...I could be wrong. Maybe you are right;maybe we are supposed to take it way too seriously and insult the people who make picks we disagree with.

MiamiJet we understand your frustration- us trying to keep this running and organized is not easy as you know

Once more we make a plea to anyone seeing their pick coming soon send myself, Smizzy or SS a list of players in priority order to make for you

And thanks for rejoining MiamiJet - you know your Bears and you are logical one to make their picks

Great. I'll be leaving work in a few, so I'll PM my picks to SS19, if he doesn't mind.

I can't believe Hali fell to 22

It's not often you can fill a huge need with incredible value ... when BAP meets NEED you are a lucky man

All I can say is THANK YOU

That pick was a slam dunk for Denver.

I want to see how your Bronco draft stacks up to mine.:)

Bits, time to pick is running out....How about this as a plan:

Based on Tampa's team needs and Bit's mock drafts at DD.com, let him select OT Eric Winston of Miami...

If he wants to change the pick, and his player is still available, let him do so when he logs on :box:

I may or may not be close to the computer in the next few hrs....I sent my conditional picks to shadow...

Shadow, if you can't post it, please send it to Smizzy or faba or someone else...I don't want to hold this thing up anymore

Ham, if I had picked Tamba instead of Len Dale, who would you have taken? Just curious.:cheers:

LenDale White ... without a doubt

You did the right thing, moses ... I love Hali and especially love the value at 22, but White is a BIG/SKILLED Northeast type of Power Back who ranks higher than Hali on my board

If you took Hali and White was on the board, I'd have taken him in a New York Minute

I can't believe Hali fell to 22

It's not often you can fill a huge need with incredible value ... when BAP meets NEED you are a lucky man

All I can say is THANK YOU

Same situation Ham. Biggest need was a huge DT to stop the run, TRUST ME, as I saw almsot every Bengal game. Watson is a steal for them at this point.

tough to argue with.

Bull****!

Drafting for need is the fast track to the cellar. You can never go wrong drafting the best player available. Between injuries and free agency you can never have enough depth.

If you draft for need above talent you are reaching. Drafting a player a few spots ealy to fill a hole is fine as long as the opportunity to take a better player is limited.

With Vince Young (possibly a top 5 pick) available at pick # 19 I am very happy with my pick. If I can find a QB as good as him late in the first round I have every confidence that I can find good players later in the draft to fill my holes.

With Vince Young (possibly a top 5 pick) available at pick # 19 I am very happy with my pick. If I can find a QB as good as him late in the first round I have every confidence that I can find good players later in the draft to fill my holes.

If Vince Young slipped to the Patriots, do you think they would draft him? How about the Colts?

You don't draft a QB in the first round 2 out of 3 years unless the first quarterback you picked is either no longer with the team, retired, or dead.

Bull****!

Drafting for need is the fast track to the cellar. You can never go wrong drafting the best player available. Between injuries and free agency you can never have enough depth.

If you draft for need above talent you are reaching. Drafting a player a few spots ealy to fill a hole is fine as long as the opportunity to take a better player is limited.

Vince Young isn't a top 5 pick,atleast not around here he isn't. You got value @ 19 ,ill give you that.

Archived