Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EB, I must say I don't like your third rounder at all.

The Jets need another first day cornerback like Herman Edwards needs another microphone.

Then you're probably gonna hate my 4th rder too lol!

With Griffin, I considered other options, but in the end I thought he was the BAP.

With Strait, Barrett and Miller, only Barrett is proven.

We cut Ty Law, so we needed a 4th cornerback without a doubt.

I thought there'd be at least some discussion about my selection of Brodie Croyle. Had to take him...he's head and shoulders about the next tier of QBs and Brad Johnson is 38. The other QBs on the roster are Shaun Hill and JT O'Sullivan.

I thought there'd be at least some discussion about my selection of Brodie Croyle. Had to take him...he's head and shoulders about the next tier of QBs and Brad Johnson is 38. The other QBs on the roster are Shaun Hill and JT O'Sullivan.

That was a very good pick. I heavily considered him the past two rounds.

I just made my pick again.lol

Took Roman Harper. This is one of my favorite players in the draft. Smart, instinctive player, coaches son, hard hitter, big play player in big games. He is very similar to Rodney Harrison. Ironically enough, I am taking him for The Pats.

He fits The Pats MO when it comes to players. He's already graduated. Real smart, real tough. He's going to be an all pro safety on the next level. His stock isn't as high because he doesn't have elite speed or athletic ability. This guy is a put on the game film type of player.

I just made my pick. Some people(nfldraftscout.com) have Jonathan Joseph with a first round grade.

I came into the first three rounds looking for a pass rusher, a RB, a WR and a DB. Mission accomplished.

Joseph was taken by the raiders in the 2nd round

Thought for sure Barton was going to take him in the early 3rd to start out with Brick-Gilles-Croyle. Anyway, he was a great pick for you at 83rd overall.

I seriously considered Croyle on my last pick. Nice pick for Minny, shuout.

Last year, Bulger got hurt twice, missing a total of 8 games due to the dreaded shoulder injury. Jamie Martin did pretty well, but then he got hurt. Ryan Fitzpatrick had one good game, and was just downright awful. They didn't re-sign Martin, and Jeff Smoker and RP just aren't #2 QB's. So, Croyle was very tempting there. In the end, I decided to go with Fasano who offers an outlet reciever for Bulger and should help in pass protection, instead. Smart pick for Minny.

Ham... the draft doesn't start until 11. Just be patient ;)

That's fine, but folks should be allowed to submit picks during OFF HOURS if they wish ... no harm in that ... it just speeds up the process

They would be under no obligation to submit picks during OFF HOURS, but it should be encouraged

Am I wrong?

That's fine, but folks should be allowed to submit picks during OFF HOURS if they wish ... no harm in that ... it just speeds up the process

They would be under no obligation to submit picks during OFF HOURS, but it should be encouraged

Am I wrong?

And they have. No question we'd love that. But, if they're still thinking, then there's no rush. Right?

MiamiJet

Will Blackmon is an excellent pick-I am familiar with players from BC- he is under the radar because they pulled him off CB to play wide receiver- good athlete as evidenced by that

Thanks Faba.

If the bears draft actually went this way, I would be content. I've heard good things about him and his profiles show that he has excellent potential.

In another mock, I selected Ashton Youboty in round one, and Klopfenstein fell to me in round three. I think it's pretty interesting how these mocks work out and how people value certain players.

Three solid picks, all filling needs and providing depth.

I was hoping Blackmon would fall into the next round. I wasn't optomistic, but I was hoping...... I think it will be a bit tougher to catch really good value in the next round.... the guys that fell have been scooped up.

I was surprised to see him fall that far, but with the run on corners coming in the first two rounds, it gave me hope.

I was also hoping for Fasano or Klopfenstein to fall into my lap but the run no luck

Can one of yin'z please send me a list of available players? My draft board has gotten very thin! :Cuss:

no list of available players, but there is a stickied thread that lists the players selected by position(here)...although through foxsports.com you can get to the scout.com (or whatever) rankings, which i believe list everyone in the draft (if your problem is finding names of people to draft)...

He made his second one, it was just a player who was taken. We've been making the picks. So, in a way, he has forfeited his picks.

That aside, Tampa Bay still has to pick a player. So, we'd like it to be Bit, since he did sign up, and we want as many owners in this thing as we can.

Bit = ruining the draft.

That was MY PLAYER, spermshadow.

I won't forget this. Sperm Edwards keeps a list in his desk drawer, or did you forget?

Well who did? I need to add them to the list. Can't cross you off until then.

And how did you know my nickname is Sunshine?

Uh... you can look at the name who made the pick. And I back him up on it.

Smizzy told me about the nickname. Also said you're a moaner. That's where it crossed the TMI line.

Archived