Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vikes take an RB with having just signed Chester Taylor and Smith coming back off suspension? Very questionable, in my mind. Tice is gone.... I don't see them rummaging around with no direction like that anymore. They still have M Moore as well. Sorry to pick a nit, but this is the least viable pick in this mock so far.

The Vikes could go with a MLB, a safety, O line.... but RB? makes no sense at all.

(Come on... you know the rules! :lol:) makes a whole lot more sense than an RB.... I forgot to mention Fason.... another Vikes high draft pick. I mean, they had Cowart starting at MLB! They lost Chavous. The O line is almost worse than the Jets. Makes no sense to me. Sorry, but that was an awful pick.

I was not expecting RB with the Vikings pick either. I was expecting (no talking about people who haven't been drafted yet) actually.

No talking but accidental picking then changing it 45 minutes later is allowed? OK got it.

(Come on... you know the rules! :lol:) makes a whole lot more sense than an RB.... I forgot to mention Fason.... another Vikes high draft pick. I mean, they had Cowart starting at MLB! They lost Chavous. The O line is almost worse than the Jets. Makes no sense to me. Sorry, but that was an awful pick.

ACK! Brain fart. :bag: Sorry.

No talking but accidental picking then changing it 45 minutes later is allowed? OK got it.

Smizzy had the pick. So it was changed. Deal with it.

The no talking about someone who hasn't been picked rule has been in effect since last year's draft. And, it's been mentioned in this thread a thousand times. Those are the rules.

Smizzy had the pick. So it was changed. Deal with it.

The no talking about someone who hasn't been picked rule has been in effect since last year's draft. And, it's been mentioned in this thread a thousand times. Those are the rules.

SS, shove the draft up your ****in ass. Pick for the phins yourself dickhead.

Nah... it was a good pick. He was also considered for my Lions pick. He should be a great pick up for the Boys.

White, for the Falcons, adds to that running attack. Though, thunder, thunder, lightning, lightning... whatever balances out :lol:

Williams for the Vikings... well... I'm glad that the Vikings stay true to form. Last year, didn't RS pick Cedric Benson or Cadillac Williams? One of the two.

The Phins had a good pick too.

Despite the need at OT you should have grabbed Vince Young. I am glad you didn't though.

I thought about Vince Young a lot before I made the pick because I sensed he would fall but I could no way see Parcells letting the Boys pick up a running QB 'project' who needs several years to do anything on the NFL level as their 1st rounder. McNeil is a Beast and should make a solid pro, can't say the same about Akili, I mean Vince Young.

Despite the need at OT you should have grabbed Vince Young. I am glad you didn't though.

Why Vince Young in the 1st round for the Chargers??? In case P. Rivers sucks they would have another QB to groom? Best player available theory?

Why Vince Young in the 1st round for the Chargers??? In case P. Rivers sucks they would have another QB to groom? Best player available theory?

If Rivers can't take the starting job from Brees I am not sure if he really has it.

Also, Young is by far the BPA. If Jimmy Williams dropped a couple spots I might have hesitated but still would have gone with Young.

Not only do the Chargers get great depth at QB (and insurance against one of the two QBs being a bust) but they get the luxury of trading the QB that doesn't get the starting job after things settle down.

If Rivers can't take the starting job from Brees I am not sure if he really has it.

Also, Young is by far the BPA. If Jimmy Williams dropped a couple spots I might have hesitated but still would have gone with Young.

Not only do the Chargers get great depth at QB (and insurance against one of the two QBs being a bust) but they get the luzury of trading the QB that doesn't get the starting job after things settle down.

still seems like an unrealistic pick...but then again, i think i'm just bitter...

Not only do the Chargers get great depth at QB (and insurance against one of the two QBs being a bust) but they get the luzury of trading the QB that doesn't get the starting job after things settle down.

OK, I'm convinced. I would have grabbed Chad Jackson though and I think KC got the steal of the first round.

I doubt the Chargers are going to invest another 20-30 mil in a back up QB or insurance policy. Thats what guys like Schaub or Volek are for. But thats what we're here for, picking what we think will work for a team.

I doubt the Chargers are going to invest another 20-30 mil in a back up QB or insurance policy. Thats what guys like Schaub or Volek are for. But thats what we're here for, picking what we think will work for a team.

One of the QBs would likely be traded.

Also, Young at pick # 19 would be much cheaper than Young at pick # 1-5. I think he would be a bargain where I took him.

OK, I'm convinced. I would have grabbed __________though and I think KC got the steal of the first round.

WTF??? C. Jackson was already picked when I posted that, how come I got deleted? I thought we weren't supposed to discuss guys that had yet to be drafted???

:Cuss:

The VY pick makes no sense to me. If Rivers sucks they're going to need someone who can step in sooner rather than later. And VY is not one who will be ready sooner. Would've been a good pick (& more appropriate) for KC who still have a good year or two with Trent Green & at that $ rather than top-5 money, he can hold a clipboard for the better part of two years.

And with KC allegedly about to sign TO, I can't see KC going anywhere but defense in round one. VY would've been the exception if he fell that far.

WTF??? C. Jackson was already picked when I posted that, how come I got deleted? I thought we weren't supposed to discuss guys that had yet to be drafted???

:Cuss:

I fixed it. It was a mistake. I am human and I do make mistakes,Same with SS19. It happens.

Don't blow a gasket.

The VY pick makes no sense to me. If Rivers sucks they're going to need someone who can step in sooner rather than later. And VY is not one who will be ready sooner. Would've been a good pick (& more appropriate) for KC who still have a good year or two with Trent Green & at that $ rather than top-5 money, he can hold a clipboard for the better part of two years.

1. Vince Young will be one of the top ten players in the draft.

2. There is no way in hell that I let KC take Young at # 20 if I am San Diego.

My bad, I guess.:rolleyes:

Dont' take it personally... it was an honest mistake, the edit in your post. Smizzy just might have missed the pick, is all. The reason for the no talking about players who haven't been drafted yet is so that no one's strategy is spoiled. Let's say you wanted to draft player A, and it's a sleeper, but someone mentions them in the thread, and then they're picked right before you pick. It'd totally piss you off, right? That's why the rule is in effect.

1. Vince Young will be one of the top ten players in the draft.

2. There is no way in hell that I let KC take Young at # 20 if I am San Diego.

in response to #2....you don't pick in the first round to PREVENT a team in your division from picking him....you pick to make yourself better, so that is no arguement at all

Archived