Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

I'm just busting you alittle but, but I am serious too.

It doesnt matter if Williams is your BPA, bottom line is Will Smith will start opposite Charles Grant next year.

You should have went with another bluechip talent that actually filled a need the Saints have like Dbrick. Imagine Brick and Jammal Brown with Brees at QB!? Nasty.

That's what I was going to do.

****ing beer.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just busting you alittle but, but I am serious too.

It doesnt matter if Williams is your BPA, bottom line is Will Smith will start opposite Charles Grant next year.

You should have went with another bluechip talent that actually filled a need the Saints have like Dbrick. Imagine Brick and Jammal Brown with Brees at QB!? Nasty.

If I was able to trade down 2/3 spots and take Brick I would have, but I wasn't taking Brick at #2.

Mario Williams was born on Dec. 31, 1985. The man is only a young 20, You can find a place to play him if you want to.

That's what I was going to do.

****ing beer.

Ah well thanks troll, you royally screwed up any chances of me winning this thing!

Maybe not, I have alot of options that I am looking at for rd 2.

But if we do another mock in a few weeks, its on like donkey kong b#tch!

WW85 is also in the JI mock draft and is very reliable with his picks, maybe he is so used to PM'ing Ham he PM'd him his pick?

We swicthed WW85 & the Troll.

WW85 is now picking for the Seahawks and Troll for the Cardinals.

Lawson for the Rams might raise some eybrows.... the D is terrible, and even with the signing of DT Glover, LB Witherspoon (who as of now will be MLB) and Chavous at safety, they still need another safety, a CB, a LB and a DE.

BUT.... new HC Linehan is a 3-4 disciple. With a need at both DE in the 4-3, and an LB in the 3-4, Lawson brings a rare combination of skills that will allow him to play DE and OLB, offering some real flexabilty in his D schemes. Lawson tore up the combine.... at 6'5", he ran a 4.43. He's played both positions in college, and was a star performer in both roles. He dropped some weight to 240 to make the switch to LB, but his speed makes him a dangerous pass rusher as a DE in passing situations. He also has great cover speed.

He's a disrupter, a playmaker, one of those 'tweeners that can do very well in the right system.

Troll, I also like the Cards pick you made. they could use a solid O linemen who is ready to step in and start. Edge needs holes, he isn't a real good tackle breaker, but he can slip through even small holes.... with a running game in Az, they will be much harder to defend, and Warner is one of those QB's that gets a lot better with good protection.

I can see Green going for a QB later on. I'm not on the Young bandwagon either.

sorry about the wait guys...i had walked away for a bit, then had to decide who i wanted(i was hoping for lawson, so then i stopped and thought about it)---hope you guys arent too mad! anyways--pretty good picks soo far i think

Who can't start over Terrance Holt... so the Lions need a saftey. And defense... but since Mario Williams was already taken, Huff was my target. Ah well...

Yes, ah well...plenty of safety's left my friend. I had a tough choice between someone and Huff and just decided that Huff was a bigger and better option.

I thought I might get some heat for the Lawson pick, but it seems others share my thinking. There are still a lot of draft boards that have him as a mid to late round first round pick, and I've even seen mocks (bad ones) that have him falling into the second round. His incredible speed and versatilty isn't being over looked though, it would seem.

I like the Ty Hill pick for the Ravens.... for the Rams, it was Lawson or Hill for me. He's a bit small, but is "get into bed before the room turns dark" fast. With Reed at safety, he can help out in run support.

I kind of think the Eagles might go o line here. maybe too early for mangold, but if they don't get Mawae, they are in trouble at center. They have to replace Runyan too.... I think they go O line here.

AirForceJets picked a DT, which isn't a bad pick, considering they didn't replace Corey Simon last year.... but if I were going to pick a DT, I wouldn't have picked him.

I don't want to elaborate at this point for obvious reasons, but at 6'3/306, Bunkley is an adequate replacement for Corey Simon.

Yeah... he's got nice size, but you can't tell me that he's the second best DT in this draft, without going into it, for obvious reasons.

We will all find out next year and the years ahead the best choices-now we can only put our best estimate forward- look at Drob-disappointing to some including me for the place he was drafted

I don't want to elaborate at this point for obvious reasons, but at 6'3/306, Bunkley is an adequate replacement for Corey Simon.

Never Mind this Simons. If Eagles take Bunkley in April then they will have a pure 4 men rush.. Howard, Bunkley, Patterson, and Kearse... That is dangerous DL..

Never Mind this Simons. If Eagles take Bunkley in April then they will have a pure 4 men rush.. Howard, Bunkley, Patterson, and Kearse... That is dangerous DL..

Yeah... but if they can't stop the run, then the D line is worthless. If the pick had to be DT, I might have went with a more run stopping DT, than a pass rushing one.

Yeah... but if they can't stop the run, then the D line is worthless. If the pick had to be DT, I might have went with a more run stopping DT, than a pass rushing one.

From what I've seen of Bunkley he can do both....good penetration, great motor, and at 300+ takes up some space in the middle with the quickness to add a few pounds and still be effective.

From what I've seen of Bunkley he can do both....good penetration, great motor, and at 300+ takes up some space in the middle with the quickness to add a few pounds and still be effective.

True enough... but, I might have just gone with a pure run stopper, to mesh with all the pass rushers that are on the line. Or something else... I really haven't studied the Eagles.

In an effort to move this draft along... is there anyone who hasn't picked yet, who'd like to switch with JM, since he's not here right now?

Jet Moses gave me a list 4 days ago. I edited the pick and made his seclection.

Sorry for the delay.

Archived