11-31

kmnj

Joe”team is 11-31

he is what his record says he is

His team will be at the bottom of the AFC East yet again while the other teams fight for the playoffs 

You play to win the games - hello you play to win the games 

Those that blame the coaches should remember Joe hand pick these guys as well

FU Joe

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Joe”team is 11-31

he is what his record says he is

His team will be at the bottom of the AFC East yet again while the other teams fight for the playoffs 

You play to win the games - hello you play to win the games 

Those that blame the coaches should remember Joe hand pick these guys as well

FU Joe

I also find myself wondering why it's taking him so long to find 45 good players.  He's had two off-seasons to find those 45 players and has come up short.

Bring in the next guy who will now have to bring in 35 guys over the next two years or he's gone too.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Nah I've been reliably informed by the Cult of Douglas that the first year doesn't count.

So his record is actually 5-23.

17% winning percentage. Jets football! 

Do you think even for a moment that there's a GM / potential GM out there who would come in here and be able to achieve even a .500 record?

I get it, no one likes losing, but is there honestly a "quick fix" out there? Or even a better slow fix?

A comic stip themed piano could be really cool. The actual strip would have  to be timeless. If done well… | Charlie brown comics, Peanuts comic strip,  Snoopy comics

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Do you think even for a moment that there's a GM / potential GM out there who would come in here and be able to achieve even a .500 record?

I get it, no one likes losing, but is there honestly a "quick fix" out there? Or even a better slow fix?

A comic stip themed piano could be really cool. The actual strip would have  to be timeless. If done well… | Charlie brown comics, Peanuts comic strip,  Snoopy comics

I think there were options to improve the team significantly that were missed.

The irony of people defending what has been objectively bad work insulting the intelligence of others shouldn't be lost on you. Douglas has made a lot of moves since joining - He's had huge opportunities to bring in real talent - The moves he have made have been pretty terrible. 

Douglas is out the door at the end of next season. You don't want to get too attached although it seems a bit late for that. 

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think there were options to improve the team significantly that were missed.

The irony of people defending what has been objectively bad work insulting the intelligence of others shouldn't be lost on you. Douglas has made a lot of moves since joining - He's had huge opportunities to bring in real talent - The moves he have made have been pretty terrible. 

Douglas is out the door at the end of next season. You don't want to get too attached although it seems a bit late for that. 

I absolutely get the criticism, but my question is - do we jettison this guy and bring in the next guy just on the off chance he might better (while also accepting he could actually be worse?)

We just did that with our kicker position this week and it lasted all of one quarter of football! :D 

Just now, jamesr said:

I absolutely get the criticism, but my question is - do we jettison this guy and bring in the next guy just on the off chance he might better (while also accepting he could actually be worse?)

We just did that with our kicker position this week and it lasted all of one quarter of football! :D 

It wont happen this season. Not a chance.

Next year he's done. Even his most loyal cultists will break with a 4th season of losing. And this team isn't going to be competitive anytime soon. It's no closer to competing than it was the year he took over, probably further away tbh. 

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

It wont happen this season. Not a chance.

Next year he's done. Even his most loyal cultists will break with a 4th season of losing. And this team isn't going to be competitive anytime soon. It's no closer to competing than it was the year he took over, probably further away tbh. 

4th season, or 3rd? :D   (joking)

I'm kind of weighing up what it might take to fire vs. retain ... let's say we go 5-12 this year (which may be "best case"). If we repeat / regress in 2022 then it'll be a very hot seat, but what if we go 8-9, for example, with decent (but not great) QB play - would that be enough to "stay the course"? Is it "playoffs or GTFO"?

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

4th season, or 3rd? :D   (joking)

I'm kind of weighing up what it might take to fire vs. retain ... let's say we go 5-12 this year (which may be "best case"). If we repeat / regress in 2022 then it'll be a very hot seat, but what if we go 8-9, for example, with decent (but not great) QB play - would that be enough to "stay the course"? Is it "playoffs or GTFO"?

It depends what kind of 8-9 doesn't it? 

Like if we start the year 1-7, and then win a load of games in "garbage time" of the season it's a much different look to if we're still in the hunt for playoffs in December, and we tail off a little bit. 

Basically, for next season I wouldn't think there should be a "playoff mandate" (mainly because I can't imagine that works well as an incentive i.e. "achieve this thing we are a million miles from achieving or yuo're sacked"). 

But there absolutely should be an expectation (call it a mandate if you want) that we are competing for Playoffs, and we aren't completely out of the picture by the time December comes around. 

I'd guess that will be the thing he's judged upon - are we competitive or are we still just utter fodder. 

4 minutes ago, morny said:

It depends what kind of 8-9 doesn't it? 

Like if we start the year 1-7, and then win a load of games in "garbage time" of the season it's a much different look to if we're still in the hunt for playoffs in December, and we tail off a little bit. 

Basically, for next season I wouldn't think there should be a "playoff mandate" (mainly because I can't imagine that works well as an incentive i.e. "achieve this thing we are a million miles from achieving or yuo're sacked"). 

But there absolutely should be an expectation (call it a mandate if you want) that we are competing for Playoffs, and we aren't completely out of the picture by the time December comes around. 

I'd guess that will be the thing he's judged upon - are we competitive or are we still just utter fodder. 

Playoff mandates usually concern me - it basically says "screw the plan that you were hired for, just sign a load of short term FAs for a one year run". What we want / need is a perennial contender, not a one-shot wonder. 

We certainly can't go through next year getting torched the way we are on defense right now. We know the personnel will change, but will we also move on at DC after the year we've had? Or does Ulbrich get the "can't make chicken salad" pass and see how he does with improved personnel? On offense I actually feel like LaFleur is on the right track and although we can definitely add some extra pieces (TE, OL, another WR) we're pretty much going to succeed or fail based on Year 2 Zach. Better protection and better weapons can help cover up some deficiencies, but you want to see the QB developing to move beyond those, not just mask them.