Have we ever been this universally praised after any draft in franchise history?

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I did not say we should fire him.

I said he failed to get the veteran #1 he was looking for, which is demonstrably true. I wanted AJ Brown and if we had traded for him you and all the other cultists would have been calling it a stroke of genius.

He didnt fail, he wanted one and went for him but he wanted to live in Miami.  Thats not failing.

Not wanting to pony up for a veteran, like you want doesnt make someone a cultist.  It means they dont agree with you.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He didnt fail, he wanted one and went for him but he wanted to live in Miami.  Thats not failing.

Not wanting to pony up for a veteran, like you want doesnt make someone a cultist.  It means they dont agree with you.  

Exactly.  I'm just not an AJ Brown fan.  He's good, but not great.  I'm also not a fan of a rebuilding team giving up assets (picks and cap space) for older players.  Hill and Adams don't fit the rebuilding plan IMO.  By the time the team is good, they are on the decline.  This is all dependent on Moore and Wilson (G) being the real deal. If they are, the Jets were much better off passing on the vets.  

I don't love everything JD did and does.  I don't love the Gardner pick at 4.  I'm not sure a RB at the top of round 2 was the best thing to do. RB is a plug and play position. But I understand both picks and I am willing to see how they work out rather than going on some rant about how JD is "terrible" and "6 wins" and  "he can't draft."  Let's see how all of these picks and acquisitions work out.

If you compare the roster today with the roster at the end of the 2019 season and don't see an incredible difference in talent, I don't know what to tell you. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Exactly.  I'm just not an AJ Brown fan.  He's good, but not great.  I'm also not a fan of a rebuilding team giving up assets (picks and cap space) for older players.  Hill and Adams don't fit the rebuilding plan IMO.  By the time the team is good, they are on the decline.  This is all dependent on Moore and Wilson (G) being the real deal. If they are, the Jets were much better off passing on the vets.  

I don't love everything JD did and does.  I don't love the Gardner pick at 4.  I'm not sure a RB at the top of round 2 was the best thing to do. RB is a plug and play position. But I understand both picks and I am willing to see how they work out rather than going on some rant about how JD is "terrible" and "6 wins" and  "he can't draft."  Let's see how all of these picks and acquisitions work out.

If you compare the roster today with the roster at the end of the 2019 season and don't see an incredible difference in talent, I don't know what to tell you. 

In two years hes completely flipped the roster.  From one that you had to squint to see talent to one that has young prospects with lots of talent and upside if they develop as predicted.  Thats all you can ask for your GM.  

Now its up to the CS to develop them and put them to use.  

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You talk strawmen arguments like you havent even read the title of this thread. Surely you cannot be this oblivious? 

This entire thread is centered around being universally praised, not "enjoying the moment", so get bent with your deflection. 

This is so stupid I'm not sure I should bother. I'm not the OP; neither are you. But your bizzarre logic anyone who posts in a thread is responsible for all of its content? Which would therefore include you. Yeah, that makes sense. I speak for myself, no one else.

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I did not say we should fire him.

I said he failed to get the veteran #1 he was looking for, which is demonstrably true. I wanted AJ Brown and if we had traded for him you and all the other cultists would have been calling it a stroke of genius.

This is demonstrably false.  

He tried to get Hill who decided he wanted to live in Miami.  Happens.  JDs offer to KC was accepted.  

That was it, he refused to overpay for Cooper or Deebo.  You’ve demonstrated something, just not that JD is the one who failed