Critique Your Own 2022 NY Jets Draft Predictions

I pulled a Blake Cashman and injured my shoulder patting myself on the back for my contrarian opinions pre-draft:

- Any defense values a potential stud corner - including Saleh's (overblown narrative that corners don't matter in scheme)

- RB at 2 make sense (good drafting teams do it and that's where the studs are most consistently found since team's don't draft them in the first)

- Double dip at edge (in a deep edge class, premium position we never have - although in all honestly Clemons was not a name I ever expected)

Most Jets content creators dismissed these "takes" outright...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

I did not expect a WR day 1.  Only guy I liked at 10 was Wilson, so I am not complaining, but I really thought we would wait until day 2 to address the offense.  I expected Sauce and an edge in R1, so I was not too far off.  And given the run on WRs from 8 - 18, JD made the right move.

I also assumed we would add an RB, but I never imagined we would take one in round 2, and especially after the trade up.  And I thought an off ball LB had to be a pick on day 2.  We are showing a lot of confidence in guys like Quincy Williams, Hamsah and Sherwood.

Would not be surprised in the least if JD picks up or trades for LB after June 1st or when camps start.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I'm wondering if they actually think Becton will be serviceable or if they still have plans to unload him one way or the other.  Who would the tackles if that is the case ???

I've wondered the same thing. We've got Fant and some back ups (Feeny, Mcdermot, Edoga, Mitchell, might be a couple others). I think they need to find a FA to replace Becton if he gets hurt or doesn't play. With Fant or Becton out, we're thin/scrambling at OT.

• Upvote 1

D+

Its funny I was using Salehs history on corners as a rational for why he won’t be the pick at 4 and Saleh not only changed his mind but sauce was his target lol 

I didn’t like JJs pass rush win rate but he had good production and he was another target lol

all I got right was Hall was on my radar for a month. Love that pick 

4 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I've wondered the same thing. We've got Fant and some back ups (Feeny, Mcdermot, Edoga, Mitchell, might be a couple others). I think they need to find a FA to replace Becton if he gets hurt or doesn't play. With Fant or Becton out, we're thin/scrambling at OT.

agree fully

• Upvote 1

I, like several others, often had the Jets taking Sauce at 4, either Wilson or Johnson at 10, Breece Hall with a second round pick and Ruckert in the 3rd or 4th round. But, never in my wildest dreams did I believe the Jets would get Sauce, Wilson and Johnson.  My error was looking for trade backs, rather than trade ups. 

• Upvote 2

Biggest area where I was wrong was Sauce at 4. I just didn't think there was any way we'd take a CB that high, didn't think Saleh's defense valued them like that, thought it was a lock we would take a trench player there.

Other than that everyone else they took made sense and was in line with my expectations.

• Upvote 1