Football Outsiders: Jets with a top 15 WR unit

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wasn't there an article recently that said that Jets look at Derek Carr as the dividing line between guys you pay and guys you don't?  The premise was Derek Carr or better you get a contract extension.  Worse than Derek Carr you get the Darnold treatment.

Yea I remember that convo. Carr, Jimmy G and Cousins are in that indecision area. I personally think you can win with all three if you have a GM that can fine cheap talent to elevate the roster.

If Zach becomes Carr, I’d take that a run to the bank.

I think there is a word missing from the article.  Potential.  Jets WRs have the potential to be a top 15 unit.  Elijah Moore has to be able to play more than the 11 games he did last year.  Corey Davis has to be the solid #2 he was in Tennessee.  Garrett Wilson has to be the player we drafted him to be.  Berrios is a solid slot.  TEs are much improved from last year on paper.

They have the potential to be a top 15 unit, or even top 10.  Which is still way better than we have had since Marshall and Decker in 2015.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think there is a word missing from the article.  Potential.  Jets WRs have the potential to be a top 15 unit.  Elijah Moore has to be able to play more than the 11 games he did last year.  Corey Davis has to be the solid #2 he was in Tennessee.  Garrett Wilson has to be the player we drafted him to be.  Berrios is a solid slot.  TEs are much improved from last year on paper.

They have the potential to be a top 15 unit, or even top 10.  Which is still way better than we have had since Marshall and Decker in 2015.

True but this is the first time in forever that the jets aren’t at the bottom of anything offense.

• Upvote 1