Albert Breer article excerpt on Zach Wilson.

Winning, flagship teams bench marquee, high-priced talent all the time in soccer.

The goal should be to win.

The Jets handling of QBs runs counter to the “culture” they are supposedly trying to build.

The Jets philosophy is:  playing time and opportunity is merit-based unless you are the golden boy QB drafted #2 overall.

In which case you are hyped, coddled, and not accountable for anything from day 1.  

You can even have your personal QB coach added to the staff mid season to help hold your hand.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Except Zach is the best QB on the team, it’s not saying much, Flacco isn’t much and White can’t throw the ball more than 15 yards.

Better than a QB that can’t throw the ball less than 15 yards

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You are full of it.   A pick in every 16.5 attempts and your out shaking the Pom poms?  

Your hate of Zach has made you blind lol.  

I don’t hate him. The only players I “hate” are scumbags — wife beaters, criminals, etc. 

But it is fair to say I am not optimistic about his future for reasons that are clear to all and don’t need to be repeated here.

On 6/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, LionelRichie said:

Agree on everything except the Flacco thing.   I hate when teams expect veterans to be quasi coaches.   We saw that with marky mark and Brunnell.  It’s the coaches job to coach not anyone else, if they can’t do the job then find someone who can, which it looks like the team did this year. 

I get that the whole "extra coach" thing is overblown, but I think there is some validity to having a vet sit through the meetings and film study to show them how it is done by successful NFL QBs.  There is some value to seeing how it is done beyond just listening to the teacher.  I am also curious as to what you think the team did this year to help coach up Wilson.  AFAIK, they let Cavanaugh (the experienced coach they brought in to pick up the slack from the tragic loss of Greg Knapp) and Beck (Wilson's personal QB guru) walk.  They are rolling with nobody but Rob Calabrese again.  That would put them exactly where they were last season when we felt they were hanging Wilson out to dry. 

3 hours ago, Claymation said:

Except Zach is the best QB on the team, it’s not saying much, Flacco isn’t much and White can’t throw the ball more than 15 yards.

Still with this tired bullsh*t narrative that White can't throw deep?  White can't move, but he can throw.  He was known for being a deep ball gunslinger at Western Kentucky and that is why he stuck around as a developmental prospect.  Go look at scouting reports.  I get that he blew up in the Bengals game dumping the ball to Carter, but he has an arm.

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Still with this tired bullsh*t narrative that White can't throw deep?  White can't move, but he can throw.  He was known for being a deep ball gunslinger at Western Kentucky and that is why he stuck around as a developmental prospect.  Go look at scouting reports.  I get that he blew up in the Bengals game dumping the ball to Carter, but he has an arm.

Fun Fact: Last year Mike White had almost twice as many interceptions to Completions over 15 yards (8-5). And 4 of those interceptions were, in fact, 15 yards or more. 

• Upvote 1