" TRADE DOWN " with the VIKINGS ? ? ~ ~ ~

kelly

hey guys,

a buddy of mine just e-mailed me & said the word in minn. is that the vikings are tryin' to " move-up " in THIS year's draft.

anyway, they're sayin' the V's have made the following offer to the JETS ;

the DEAL :

JETS get :

- the V's 1st rounder THIS year ( #17 overall ).

- the V's TWO 2nd rounders THIS year ( # 47 & #49 overall ).

VIKINGS get :

- the JETS' 1st rounder THIS year ( #4 overall ).

hey guys,

a buddy of mine just e-mailed me & said the word in minn. is that the vikings are tryin' to " move-up " in THIS year's draft.

the DEAL :

JETS get :

VIKINGS get :

screw the 2 2nd rounders,,

change that to this years #1 and next years #1 and I say OK,,

vikes will blow next year,, could be a top10 pick

hey guys,

the DEAL :

JETS get :

VIKINGS get :

A First Round Pick and 2 2nd Round Picks? Tanenbaum would have to be an idiot to reject that.

Besides, I thought the Vikings were supposed to be so much better now that they traded away Culpeper.

Why not? We can still get a quality OT at 17 and spend less money doing so along with having 2 other picks to make a total of 4, in the Top 50 picks in the draft. I would love for this to happen.

At 17 we can go after Ryans or Greenway at OLB or Marcus McNeil at OT.

I'd take that deal and run. If Minny wants to jump up to #4 and have thier pick of whatever QBs are left so be it. We'd be in prime shape to rebuild this team with a mid-1st and 3 2nds, and that's before the hole Abe situation is figured out. Alas, I'm sure it's too good to be true.

Not like im saying pick this guy up at 17, but just throwing out the Lendale White might be around there at 17...and although I KNOW we need OL help and a CB...we can get mangold at 36, and another at one of our other 2 2nd round picks...rebuild...but if he is there at 17, it is one of those situations where you need to pick him up...he is just that talented of a back

Not like im saying pick this guy up at 17, but just throwing out the Lendale White might be around there at 17...and although I KNOW we need OL help and a CB...we can get mangold at 36, and another at one of our other 2 2nd round picks...rebuild...but if he is there at 17, it is one of those situations where you need to pick him up...he is just that talented of a back

Right there with you bro, if White does fall to #17 we should take him or Maroney. If we get another 1st rounder for Abe we can use that on either Vernon Davis, Leonard Pope or Marcus McNeill. We can easily rebuild the O-line with the 3 Round 2 picks. Mangold, Whitworth and O'Callaghan in Round 2?

Right there with you bro, if White does fall to #17 we should take him or Maroney. If we get another 1st rounder for Abe we can use that on either Vernon Davis, Leonard Pope or Marcus McNeill. We can easily rebuild the O-line with the 3 Round 2 picks. Mangold, Whitworth and O'Callaghan in Round 2?

Ding Ding...perhaps someone else who shared intelligence on this board :yahoo:

Thats not enough. :bag:

.....So the Jets would have to give up their high 2nd and 3rd rd picks to move up 2 slots to get their QB,

but the Vikings only give up 2 mid 2nd rders to move up 13 slots?

Sorry, not on my f'n watch! Vikings would have to throw in their 3rd and 5th rd picks too.

.....So the Jets would have to give up their high 2nd and 3rd rd picks to move up 2 slots to get their QB,

Sorry, not on my f'n watch! Vikings would have to throw in their 3rd and 5th rd picks too.

Throw in next year's first and I'd deal

06 1st,2 06 2nds,07 1st

Barton it does seem ridiculous, but that's how the picks are valued around the league. The top 3 are WAY overboard in value. There's a 400 "point" jump from 4 to 3, 3 to 2, and 2 to 1; but from 5 to 4 it's only a 100 point jump.

I take it with a grain of salt b/c no sane GM would trade up into or within the top-3.

I like this trade & do it without thinking. After dumping Abe, we end up with 5 of the first 51 picks. More than that, none of these unknown rookies will be getting ~$20M in guaranteed money (like the #4 pick will get).

1(17)

1(31) (at least)

2(3)

2(16)

2(19)

3(7)

3(33) (Jordan - maybe)

4(6)

4(20)

4(33) (KMac - maybe)

5(5)

7(2)

7(9)

13 draft picks. 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. 7 picks on day 1.

And they're all at reasonable $$$. That's how you overhaul a roster. And it couldn't have come at a better time; this isn't the crappy 2005 draft - this one's LOADED, and at our need-positions. We may even want to trade up from 2(3) by 4 slots; not so much for the talent difference as much as we can lock up a first-rounder for 5 years; a 2nd-rounder only for 4.

Archived