With the 29th Selection in the 2006 Draft the NY Jets Select:

Dr. Strangelove

It's hard to make a guess here. For all we know we might not even own this pick by next week.

Aha, a Toolhead as well I see? ;)

10,000 days - can't wait 'til May 2nd.

Oh, and to stay on topic: Mangold at 29, unless Katnik is the direction they are going in. Otherwise, it's OT, or just BPA (Maroney?).

I have no problem send the 29th pick and say a 4th rd pick to move up 3 or 4 spots....In no way do I want them to deal #4 & #29 to move up into the top 3.

My guess would be Bellichick blasted the Jets and mocked them on draft day the last time they traded up. Hopefully Mangini realizes this would also be a bad move.

I have no problem send the 29th pick and say a 4th rd pick to move up 3 or 4 spots....In no way do I want them to deal #4 & #29 to move up into the top 3.

My guess would be Bellichick blasted the Jets and mocked them on draft day the last time they traded up. Hopefully Mangini realizes this would also be a bad move.

I'm really not stalking you - but we agree 100% again.

If I may add I would not mind trading down from 4 a little and picking up a couple more 1st day picks. There is A LOT of talent out there in this draft.

If no trade down from #4?

D'Brick, OT at #4

Mangold at #29 (pray to god he's still on the board)

Best OT/OG at #36

Best QB (Croyle/Jacobs) at 3rd Round

Best CB with 3rd Round Comp Pick

this would be best case

definately between 29 and 35 they are looking for Nick Mangold, or best avail OL

They could be thinking use 4 for Mario/Cutler use both 29 and 35 on OL. There will be tackles there, also BAPs at other positions.

This is a great draft to have all these picks. Mangini will need a whole slew of kids to make his program work. Look for high energy high character guys. The bottom line with Abe is he's got 2 strikes on the substance abuse program and the last guy you want to give long term money. They got a 1st, didn't get abused and everyone's happy. A good deal!

this would be best case

definately between 29 and 35 they are looking for Nick Mangold, or best avail OL

They could be thinking use 4 for Mario/Cutler use both 29 and 35 on OL. There will be tackles there, also BAPs at other positions.

This is a great draft to have all these picks. Mangini will need a whole slew of kids to make his program work. Look for high energy high character guys. The bottom line with Abe is he's got 2 strikes on the substance abuse program and the last guy you want to give long term money. They got a 1st, didn't get abused and everyone's happy. A good deal!

I never even factored in Abe's substance abuse issues. I know Atlanta really well. Lots of temptation.

Good move for the Falcons, but be careful.....

If the Jets are so high on Katnik, then there is no reason to spend a first rounder on Mangold.

The Jets can do a LOT of things with that pick. Don't even rule out a trade down. In the 2004 draft, there was a TON of activity at the end of the first.

Brick at 4, Mangold at 29, McNeill at 35 would be a killing. 3rd rounder can be used on Sinorice Moss if we really need a WR, he will probably drop that far. I want MJ Gilles, but I doubt we can get him. We really need an RT though this draft. Jones and Kendall will probably be our guards this year, so we can do without Gilles anyway. 3rd round for WR or RB. Comp picks used to flesh out some positions, like NT, and get a bit of depth. Then we just hope Pennington comes back strong or Ramsey can turn the corner, if not, we draft a QB next year so all will work out.

Brick at 4, Mangold at 29, McNeill at 35 would be a killing. 3rd rounder can be used on Sinorice Moss if we really need a WR, he will probably drop that far. I want MJ Gilles, but I doubt we can get him. We really need an RT though this draft. Jones and Kendall will probably be our guards this year, so we can do without Gilles anyway. 3rd round for WR or RB. Comp picks used to flesh out some positions, like NT, and get a bit of depth. Then we just hope Pennington comes back strong or Ramsey can turn the corner, if not, we draft a QB next year so all will work out.

Jean-Gilles will be there at 29, but it's likely that Seattle will take him at 31 if we don't pick him there.

Jean-Gilles will be there at 29, but it's likely that Seattle will take him at 31 if we don't pick him there.

We don't really need a guard yet. Kendall is extended, and Moore should be fine. What we need is a starting center and a tackle, as well as depth at G and T.

If Jones can make the move to Center, then I'd take MJ in a heartbeat at our 29. Then our line would be Brick, Kendall, Jones, Gilles and I'd think McNeill if we can get him, although I don't know if he will make it to 35. It's hard to project, but I think if Jones makes the transition, and the rookies learn, our line would be a force for years. I don't think they'd be any good until halfway through next season at the earliest though, but that would be true for any 5 players we pick that are new to each other I think.

If Jones can make the move to Center, then I'd take MJ in a heartbeat at our 29. Then our line would be Brick, Kendall, Jones, Gilles and I'd think McNeill if we can get him, although I don't know if he will make it to 35. It's hard to project, but I think if Jones makes the transition, and the rookies learn, our line would be a force for years. I don't think they'd be any good until halfway through next season at the earliest though, but that would be true for any 5 players we pick that are new to each other I think.

Jones is not moving to Center period.

Mangini is a defensive coach - i would not forget that- expect him to use at least one of these picks on defense

I don't think that really matters. Billick was an offensive coach, but he pretty much went all defense. When you know you have a strength on one side, you try and get the better players for the other side. The offense NEEDS to reload this year, and I think Mangini knows that and will try to take care of it. Defensively we'll be fine if D-Rob reaches his potential this year, and Ellis bounces back and plays well. Vilma anchors the LB, but we have enough mediocre talent around him to play a good scheme. I think defensively we will be fine.

Anyone thinking that if Mr.Kelly's Vikings trade rumors are true that we now could have 5 picks in The Top 50?

I'm hoping they are true. 5 picks in the top 50 and 7 on day one. Plus don't we pick #1 in the 4th round? That is always a hot spot.

Yea...it could belong to the Saint!

If we trade our 4th overall and 29th overall to you guys for Leinart I'm going to have make a few new holes in the wall. Seriously. What a freakin' waste and setback of the franchise for years to come even more if we do something that stupid.

Archived