This has to be an exciting time for Jet fans...think about it

NIGHT STALKER

We have new young guns making decisions...we have no idea what the **** they'll be doing on draft day...it's an exciting time leading up to draft day and I've been around for Jet drafts for almost 4 decades and can't remember such mystery and intrigue leading up to this draft.

Anyone who can absolutely predict what we'll do at 4 deserves a prize...hey, I own a military business (sorry, no guns) and if you are current military, former military or know one that's in the military, I am willing to donate $100.00 worth of merchandise to the first guy/gal that can predict what the Jets do at 4. Maybe the admin can set up the contest...it should be fun.:yahoo:

We have new young guns making decisions...we have no idea what the **** they'll be doing on draft day...it's an exciting time leading up to draft day and I've been around for Jet drafts for almost 4 decades and can't remember such mystery and intrigue leading up to this draft.

Anyone who can absolutely predict what we'll do at 4 deserves a prize...hey, I own a military business (sorry, no guns) and if you are current military, former military or know one that's in the military, I am willing to donate $100.00 worth of merchandise to the first guy/gal that can predict what the Jets do at 4. Maybe the admin can set up the contest...it should be fun.:yahoo:

Hey Good Buddy..When you had your doubts did I not say trust this new Regime?? Sort of like something I told you some years back that took you awhile to realize I was right!!;)

Hey Good Buddy..When you had your doubts did I not say trust this new Regime?? Sort of like something I told you some years back that took you awhile to realize I was right!!;)

It's an exciting time Savage...something I haven't felt in a long, long time....we still planning a trip up for a game? Senior is in...Max is trying to string along a tailgate of some sorts..maybe you can convice your boy TX to join us...;)

The new regime cut $40M off the salary cap in about a month.

We have two first-round draft picks. And if we take Minnesota's offer, we'll still have two first rounders to go with three 2nd-rounders.

I don't have to endure another season of giving Curtis Martin 12-15 carries to get "warmed up" - if he's running good he'll get more; if he's stinking it up he'll get pulled for Blaylock/Houston.

The 29 DB's we drafted may yield a secondary that can stop someone on 3rd down.

Rookies will be given a chance even if the incumbent veteran is healthy.

The starting QB will be annointed after beating out the other in training camp rather than starting b/c he has the higher contract.

Players will learn more than one position so a couple of injuries won't end the season immediately. Looking forward to, now & then, seeing Trevor Johnson line up at TE & Kimo von Oelhoffen at FB.

Our players will be in shape.

Our players will have an interest in the team as well as their contracts - didn't Mangini have the players watch game film of the draft prospects this year?

Our opponents will not know our gameplans on the Tuesday before kickoff.

We actually wait for the best offer for a commodity (Abraham) instead of giving it away for nothing to a buddy (Herm).

We will fill the roster with future need positions before we actually need them. Then play these young guys before the veteran is ready for the glue factory.

No more insane contracts/trades for players who haven't proven worthy yet (Chad, DRob), or who have shown that their ceiling/attitude doesn't warrant all that cap space (Abe) so we can use it on other players.

I haven't been this excited about a Jets off-season in a long time. AND that's with expecting them to suck badly. Sucking would somehow be watchable if you know you're on the rise & building something; if losing is because you simply don't have the (mature) talent to compete yet & not because your coach can't count, plan ahead, do something other than smile/clap after a brutal call by officials, or assist in the gameplan at all during a game.

We have two first-round draft picks. And if we take Minnesota's offer, we'll still have two first rounders to go with three 2nd-rounders.

I don't have to endure another season of giving Curtis Martin 12-15 carries to get "warmed up" - if he's running good he'll get more; if he's stinking it up he'll get pulled for Blaylock/Houston.

The starting QB will be annointed after beating out the other in training camp rather than starting b/c he has the higher contract.

Players will learn more than one position so a couple of injuries won't end the season immediately. Looking forward to, now & then, seeing Trevor Johnson line up at TE & Kimo von Oelhoffen at FB.

Our players will have an interest in the team as well as their contracts - didn't Mangini have the players watch game film of the draft prospects this year?

We actually wait for the best offer for a commodity (Abraham) instead of giving it away for nothing to a buddy (Herm).

We will fill the roster with future need positions before we actually need them. Then play these young guys before the veteran is ready for the glue factory.

No more insane contracts/trades for players who haven't proven worthy yet (Chad, DRob), or who have shown that their ceiling/attitude doesn't warrant all that cap space (Abe) so we can use it on other players.

I haven't been this excited about a Jets off-season in a long time. AND that's with expecting them to suck badly. Sucking would somehow be watchable if you know you're on the rise & building something; if losing is because you simply don't have the (mature) talent to compete yet & not because your coach can't count, plan ahead, do something other than smile/clap after a brutal call by officials, or assist in the gameplan at all during a game.

POTW.

This is exactly why I'm excited - but don't be suprised if the Jets win 9 games this year.

It's an exciting time Savage...something I haven't felt in a long, long time....we still planning a trip up for a game? Senior is in...Max is trying to string along a tailgate of some sorts..maybe you can convice your boy TX to join us...;)

Hell Yes I'm in and I'd love for Tex to join us..But it would probley have to be for a Pat Game!!:cheers:

Well why not get Larry and Flipper also then we can have a real big

party. LOL

Excellent post Sperm Edwards.

We have lots of draft day options and while it's early, the new FO seems to be sticking to their guns on all matters to date.

Yeah, thanks for the post.

I too am feeling pretty good about the possibilities here.

d

great post sperm edwards...:cheers:

How dare you look positively at the Jets!

How dare the Jets have a well organized plan this year!

Where are the editorials declaring most Jets fans are not happy unless they are bashing the green and white?

Sorry Kansas City!

No more insane contracts/trades for players who haven't proven worthy yet (Chad, DRob), or who have shown that their ceiling/attitude doesn't warrant all that cap space (Abe) so we can use it on other players. etc.

exactly...not to mention...no more

whiffing on the likes of quality FA friends/associates Lynch, R. Barber when

you had a need

signings of journeymen FA WRs like Conway, Hatchette

signings of journeymen FA DBs like D. Robinson

keeping the challenge flag buried in your pocket when it obviously

needs to be thrown, and vice versa

being unable to follow and wisely use the game clock-no Dick Curls (aka P*n*s C*rve) necessary to handhold

extremely infrequent but wildly inappropriate use of trick plays -

L Jordan's horrible INT

draw plays on every other 3rd down

throws over the middle to a WR every other other 3rd down

running the ball with Curtis the 1st 2 plays every time in the red zone...for a loss

DBs playing 10-20 yds off the receivers

ignoring the other backs (FB, TE) in the running game

being unable to actually adjust a game plan, while the game is in progress

yes I am gettin excited. I feel like more was done in

2 months than in the last 6+ years and more competently

still lots more to come I believe.

with the weaker schedule and BUF's failure to emerge

8-8 or 9-7 isnt so far-fetched IMO

It's damn exciting. I remember a year ago when I was excited as hell with the prospects of Dinger onboard and a "healthy" Penny. There's a lot more substance to this excitement with:

1.) The picks

2.) The new/radically different thinking.

3.) The escape from Cap Hell

The new regime is unproven, but every day we move forward, it looks better. Cautious optimism, but real optimism.

Archived